Does anyone Bullet Journal?

Options
2»

Replies

• RUNucbar
    RUNucbar Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I use this site to track what I have eaten. I can look back and see what I ate but not why I ate it.

Tracking things like my mood, sleep, medications, symptoms of things I've been diagnosed with, period, what I've done during the day; that enables me to see why I eat / want to eat certain things. If my asthma is bad I have to take oral steroids and the higher the dose, the more hungry I am. When I'm on my period, I always end up having curry.

Until I started my bullet journal I didn't really see the reasons for cravings. Knowing what the triggers are means I can prepare for them. I can't avoid taking the asthma medication but I can avoid buying the high calorie snacks when I feel it getting bad which makes it easier to stick to my goals.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    It's nothing quite so fancy as @mrsnattybulking 's picture but I have noted the dates and weights and lifts done of my lifting in a paper notebook.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I use Passion Planner, I love keeping lists and journaling. I used to write myself notes on random scraps of paper, now whenever I want to track something or remember something etc it all goes in one place. I guess it all depends on how your brain works :). I looked into Bullet Journal and it looked a little too involved for me, like that was a rabbit hole I could get lost in lol, but I do find writing stuff down on paper makes more sense to my brain than all the apps you can use instead. MFP is the only online log I use.
  • LindaCan2
    LindaCan2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I track on my iPhone using the MFP app; however, I have a Franklin Covey planner where I am documenting my daily weight and other info just to keep me on track. I get on the "Community" section of the website daily, and this is my accountability check-in. I love that I don't have to go to meetings in a physical location, but I can use my time smarter.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Mine is a mix of bullet journal and just regular journaling. I am not artistic so it doesn't have all the pretty pictures drawn in and it does just take a couple minutes a day. Mapping out the month takes me some time but that's only once a month.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    This is something I have been looking into starting. I am a perpetual list maker and I think this would be a great way to keep my on-going lists (like house projects, daily habits, seasonal bucket lists, etc.) organized. The thing that has held me back is that I am super creative, but not very artistic, so I am afraid the journal won't be "pretty". :D

I think I should just go for it, I can already think of so many ideas for pages.
  • MidModJenn
    MidModJenn Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I don't have the time to make mine as detailed and artistic as I'd like, but I love it. I have a weight tracker where I color a box each time I lose a pound... and I have a page of motivational quotes that I go back to every once in a while. I set mine up within 10 minutes every Sunday for the coming week... it's a nice way of grounding myself for the week to come. :)
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm the kind of stationary fan that *should* be into bullet journaling, but I love my excel spreadsheets!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    DamieBird wrote: »
    I'm the kind of stationary fan that *should* be into bullet journaling, but I love my excel spreadsheets!

How do you use Excel? I am also a spreadsheet fan.
  • NR81206
    NR81206 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Mine is a homemade calendar that goes by weeks. It starts off pretty basic, the week I'm in with my diet, the day of the month, & my schedule​ working days. Then I write on it everyday, if I worked out, what I did for my workout, if I lost weight, if I ate bad, if I gained, whatever. Mine is tapped to my mirror in my room. I'm on my 2nd calendar and I truly think it has helped me out so much. I look at it everyday and if 2-3 days goes by and I haven't worked out, I see it, my husband sees it, It motivates me to get up and workout so I can mark that calendar.
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I have a spreadsheet at work where I track distance, deficit, weight loss, cycle state etc. It looks highly scientific so I can tweak it when I'm bored. :)
  • artanis50
    artanis50 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I don't bullet journal but I do use a planner that is "decorative". The easiest way I can describe it is that it's like planning and scrap booking mixed together. Yes I use stickers. Yes I use washi tape. Others may think it's silly but I love it. It's almost like a functional hobby.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I've just started after reading the original post. I love it but am now considering digital. Anyone out there using digital?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Nah. aint nobody got time for that.

Yup.

I'm very much a perfectionist when it comes to anything written or drawn and I'd be restarting that bad boy every two weeks if I screwed up one tiny thing lol.

I do have a journal of hikes and wildlife sightings which is "purposely imperfect" though.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I've just started after reading the original post. I love it but am now considering digital. Anyone out there using digital?

I just use OneNote for any kind of planning, but I'm not an avid planner. I only use it when something really does need to be planned, like a trip or something. I'm a digital person. Too many peeves with paper. That bend mark which just won't go away, teasing me all the time. That time I scratched something off and it left an indent on the page behind it. Unable to edit things neatly. That time I used a fountain pen on thin pages and lived to regret it. A notebook that just won't stay closed or keeps opening itself to one (ugly) page... And so on.
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    No bullet journal but I do keep track of my intake on my planner. I need the month at a view to help me see the full picture of my progress.
  • AMV91
    AMV91 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I do as well!

Mine is mostly fitness and health related, recipe section, meal plan section, I also write down how I'm feeling before and after eating along with the calories, helps me to see triggers- emotional or other wise. I like having a little paper tracker of goals because its pleasing to tick off when I've done something. Mine isn't pretty as my penmanship is *kitten*.
  • asianolikeyou
    asianolikeyou Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I have a bullet journal to track my workouts, macros, recipes, and training schedule for dance