How often do you weight yourself?

Hi All,

I was wondering how often do you weight yourself? I would like to be more consistent but how often is too often, and how often is not often enough?

Replies

• cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    I weigh often but only log it once a week. I generally try to weigh the same day and time each week for my MFP log to allow for fluctuations.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    I weigh on the first of the month every month. I tried daily and weekly and there were too many fluctuations and it drove me crazy. So, once a month works for me.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Never=not often enough
    More than once a day=too much

So somewhere in between there.

A lot of people have issues with weighing every day because of fluctuations up and down. If that is something that would bother you, then daily might be too much. I do weigh every morning, but I keep track in a tracking app that smooths out the fluctuations so I can see the overall trend.
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    I weigh every day. EXCEPT... it used to drive me nuts to see the scale stay the same or even go up, for no viable reason. I'd panic and get depressed. Then a few things happened - I read enough people telling me to ignore the scale and that those fluctuations are normal, that I started to listen. I also got a trend app (Libra) on my phone so I can see that I'm still in a normal range of trending downward. I also can easily look at what my weight was a week or a month ago and see that even if I didn't lose anything this week, I did lose X last week, and that evens out to a good amount.
    so, I still weigh every day, but I no longer panic at what I see.
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Never=not often enough
    More than once a day=too much

So somewhere in between there.

A lot of people have issues with weighing every day because of fluctuations up and down. If that is something that would bother you, then daily might be too much. I do weigh every morning, but I keep track in a tracking app that smooths out the fluctuations so I can see the overall trend.

I thought about weighing every day. However, I my scale is in the closet, on the other side of the bed, etc...

But, when I tried to weight myself once a week, I kept forgetting to weigh myself.
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
    What kind of scale do y'all use? I have an old "bathroom" scale, but I have seen ones that give you your BMI (or fat %) as well. Is there a brand or type of scale that is better than others?
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    I weigh daily, logged into Libra. Wednesday, I update my weight in MFP based off what Libra says my trend weight is.
  • MobOfBricks
    MobOfBricks Posts: 22 Member
    Weighing twice a week and basic measurements twice a month.
    Comparing my weight, measurements, MFP food log and Garmin Connect gives me a good idea about what I need to correct and what actually works for me.
    I use a Withings (now NOKIA) scale. The BF% advertised of course is a gimmick. Everything else works good.
    Good luck!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Everyday.
  • AgidGirl
    AgidGirl Posts: 138 Member
    edited July 2017
    Right now, I weigh-in every morning before eating or drinking anything. I also track my weight in another app and update MFP with my weight on Fridays.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Few days per week...usually Wed/Thurs/Fri
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I weigh every day and care about it on Monday. For some reason, and I blame cortisol, my weight tends to climb steadily during the workweek and fall quickly during the weekend.
  • dalem14
    dalem14 Posts: 18 Member
    I weigh every morning.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    ERRDAYx3
  • melissajkxoxo
    melissajkxoxo Posts: 35 Member
    Once a week. Usually Friday morning when I wake up.(unless I'm on shifts that week)

I like to do it this way in case my weekend habits cause a water retention that would show worse on Monday morning. (Sometimes eat less heathy/ have some beer)
  • Sashslay
    Sashslay Posts: 136 Member
    I weigh everyday! Which was awful for me at first, I developed an obsession with the scale numbers until I did more research into why your weight fluctuates so often. Now I still weigh everyday but I also look at my progress chart. As long as that little line is heading south I couldn't care less haha!
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    When actively trying to lose weight, every day. I note my weight, and estimated body fat and muscle percentage, among other data.
  • calderoakmikel1
    calderoakmikel1 Posts: 12 Member
    I weight myself on Sunday Mornings before breakfast. I found out that works best for me. I used to weight myself everyday but the daily weight gain/lose was driving me mental.