lost weight, now I'm peeing blood

Options

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    See a doctor.

It can be urinary tract infection, bladder infection... or cancer. Or, you know, anything related to the urethra, penis, bladder or kidneys, or nothing related to them. Did you consume anything with red or blue/purple food dye?

Get off the internet. See a doctor. Now.

My dad had bladder cancer but has been in remission for 14 years. It was excruciatingly painful for him, and he was actually peeing blood, not diluted blood.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    bvcah wrote: »
    its not pure red urine but like you see bits of red clumps. Im not paranoid of cancer or anything. but it seems like when I started loosing weight this happened. Do you guys think it's related? can loosing weight too fast cause this?

and advice taken, Ill go to a doctor but not ER. I am not dying!! lol.,.

Could be stones.

SEE A DOCTOR!!!

ASAP!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    its not pure red urine but like you see bits of red clumps. Im not paranoid of cancer or anything. but it seems like when I started loosing weight this happened. Do you guys think it's related? can loosing weight too fast cause this?

Blood in your urine warrants an immediate trip to the ER or at least urgent care, not waiting a week or more to see your primary.
  • SundropEclipse
    SundropEclipse Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Sounds like either UTI or kidney stones. Either way seek medical attention to confirm and treat. As others mentioned, any time there's blood in your urine you should go ahead to the doctor.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options

Somehow I missed this comment, but the fact that there is enough blood to form clots is pretty serious. You need to see a doctor today--if not the ER, then go to urgent care.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »

Somehow I missed this comment, but the fact that there is enough blood to form clots is pretty serious. You need to see a doctor today--if not the ER, then go to urgent care.

Even worse, the fact that it's clotting and then moving is even more serious. Although not as serious as if it was brown or black clots... Even so. I'd be in emergency or urgent care... whichever was closer.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Blood in your urine warrants an immediate trip to the ER or at least urgent care, not waiting a week or more to see your primary.

Cosigned.
  • jdwils14
    jdwils14 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Saw this on a House episode once...it wasn't a good thing. Hope you are alright
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    my weight is fluctuating but I lost between 4 to 5 KILOGRAMS in 12 days. I chose bunch of cardio activities, and today it hurts to pee and I see blood! . I'm worried!! and No, I am not sexually active. Does it have to do with weight loss?

See a doctor.... pretty much now...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Maybe not ER. But definitely Urgent Care if your PCP doesn't have same day access.

what? no, no, definitely ER.

OP- I don't know what you have specifically but there's a condition called rhabdomyolysis that can happen as a result of over-exercise and it can be fatal causing kidney and liver failure. it's number one sign is blood in urine, brown urine, etc.

God to the hospital immediately, your life could be at risk

This happened to a friend of mines dad...
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    my weight is fluctuating but I lost between 4 to 5 KILOGRAMS in 12 days. I chose bunch of cardio activities, and today it hurts to pee and I see blood! . I'm worried!! and No, I am not sexually active. Does it have to do with weight loss?

Well, when my father peeded blood, he went to the doctor and it turned out it was prostate cancer. Is your pee a darkish brown or more of a red.

Also, if your pee looks kind of like Coca-Cola, that means you are very dehydrated.

Get you "kitten" to the doctor ASAP.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Maybe not ER. But definitely Urgent Care if your PCP doesn't have same day access.

OP- I don't know what you have specifically but there's a condition called rhabdomyolysis that can happen as a result of over-exercise and it can be fatal causing kidney and liver failure. it's number one sign is blood in urine, brown urine, etc.

yeah, i know atleast 4 people that this has happened to. one took a spin class for the first time (despite her being "fit" as far as weightlifting she got it), another got it from a bad personal trainer who had him doing full sets of pullups to failure on his first session (he's totally untrained), and another 2 both got it from crossfit. All four of them i was urging to go to the hospital immediately.

TBH it's one of my worst fears (for myself or to do to a client) since i've known an (iMO) unreasonable amount of people who have gotten it.
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    OP give us an update as soon as you know. Please.
  • Iheartrunning36
    Iheartrunning36 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Go to ER
  • noirelb
    noirelb Posts: 216 Member
    Options

yeah, i know atleast 4 people that this has happened to. one took a spin class for the first time (despite her being "fit" as far as weightlifting she got it), another got it from a bad personal trainer who had him doing full sets of pullups to failure on his first session (he's totally untrained), and another 2 both got it from crossfit. All four of them i was urging to go to the hospital immediately.

TBH it's one of my worst fears (for myself or to do to a client) since i've known an (iMO) unreasonable amount of people who have gotten it.

What happened to those people in the end? Like how did they recover?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    noirelb wrote: »

What happened to those people in the end? Like how did they recover?

The girl with the spin class had it in her quads and suffered the most kidney damage (because the muscle group is so large and she went to her normal doctor first) and required dialysis along with over 10 days in the hospital to get her ckd levels down. I could tell this whole story, it was a doozy. Today she has completely different sized legs and has to be very careful about her hydration levels and training.

The guy had it in one of his biceps and went within the first 24 hours. i think his hospital stay was only 4-5 days and he made a full recovery.

Both of the crossfitters required hospitilizations one i can't remember how it went on as he was an acquaintance of a friend i was really only consulted to tell them to go to the hospital. The other had it in his abdominals after doing some sort of wall ball exercise and he was in the hospital for about 8 days. He was swollen like a peach for several weeks and has quit crossfit.

The worst was my friend who went to her normal doctor first because she was "just sore" and thought she had "doms" until she was drinking and drinking and barely peeing and her pee was dark which she just thought was dehydration. She was the one with it in her quads and had pretty substantial kidney damage.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    I'd go see the doctor...Last time I was peeing blood, it was a sign of a severe kidney infection with no other symptoms.

Same here - nephritis.