lost weight, now I'm peeing blood

Options
13»

Replies

• ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Maybe not ER. But definitely Urgent Care if your PCP doesn't have same day access.

what? no, no, definitely ER.

OP- I don't know what you have specifically but there's a condition called rhabdomyolysis that can happen as a result of over-exercise and it can be fatal causing kidney and liver failure. it's number one sign is blood in urine, brown urine, etc.

God to the hospital immediately, your life could be at risk

I missed the part about the clots. That's why I said maybe not the ER.
  • julie_bee_123
    julie_bee_123 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    noirelb wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Maybe not ER. But definitely Urgent Care if your PCP doesn't have same day access.

OP- I don't know what you have specifically but there's a condition called rhabdomyolysis that can happen as a result of over-exercise and it can be fatal causing kidney and liver failure. it's number one sign is blood in urine, brown urine, etc.

This happened to a friend of mines dad...

yeah, i know atleast 4 people that this has happened to. one took a spin class for the first time (despite her being "fit" as far as weightlifting she got it), another got it from a bad personal trainer who had him doing full sets of pullups to failure on his first session (he's totally untrained), and another 2 both got it from crossfit. All four of them i was urging to go to the hospital immediately.

TBH it's one of my worst fears (for myself or to do to a client) since i've known an (iMO) unreasonable amount of people who have gotten it.

What happened to those people in the end? Like how did they recover?

The girl with the spin class had it in her quads and suffered the most kidney damage (because the muscle group is so large and she went to her normal doctor first) and required dialysis along with over 10 days in the hospital to get her ckd levels down. I could tell this whole story, it was a doozy. Today she has completely different sized legs and has to be very careful about her hydration levels and training.

The guy had it in one of his biceps and went within the first 24 hours. i think his hospital stay was only 4-5 days and he made a full recovery.

Both of the crossfitters required hospitilizations one i can't remember how it went on as he was an acquaintance of a friend i was really only consulted to tell them to go to the hospital. The other had it in his abdominals after doing some sort of wall ball exercise and he was in the hospital for about 8 days. He was swollen like a peach for several weeks and has quit crossfit.

The worst was my friend who went to her normal doctor first because she was "just sore" and thought she had "doms" until she was drinking and drinking and barely peeing and her pee was dark which she just thought was dehydration. She was the one with it in her quads and had pretty substantial kidney damage.

What is "it?" What did they have?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    noirelb wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

This happened to a friend of mines dad...

yeah, i know atleast 4 people that this has happened to. one took a spin class for the first time (despite her being "fit" as far as weightlifting she got it), another got it from a bad personal trainer who had him doing full sets of pullups to failure on his first session (he's totally untrained), and another 2 both got it from crossfit. All four of them i was urging to go to the hospital immediately.

TBH it's one of my worst fears (for myself or to do to a client) since i've known an (iMO) unreasonable amount of people who have gotten it.

What happened to those people in the end? Like how did they recover?

The girl with the spin class had it in her quads and suffered the most kidney damage (because the muscle group is so large and she went to her normal doctor first) and required dialysis along with over 10 days in the hospital to get her ckd levels down. I could tell this whole story, it was a doozy. Today she has completely different sized legs and has to be very careful about her hydration levels and training.

The guy had it in one of his biceps and went within the first 24 hours. i think his hospital stay was only 4-5 days and he made a full recovery.

Both of the crossfitters required hospitilizations one i can't remember how it went on as he was an acquaintance of a friend i was really only consulted to tell them to go to the hospital. The other had it in his abdominals after doing some sort of wall ball exercise and he was in the hospital for about 8 days. He was swollen like a peach for several weeks and has quit crossfit.

The worst was my friend who went to her normal doctor first because she was "just sore" and thought she had "doms" until she was drinking and drinking and barely peeing and her pee was dark which she just thought was dehydration. She was the one with it in her quads and had pretty substantial kidney damage.

What is "it?" What did they have?

Rhabdomyolysis
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Doc.Tor.

Frankly, visible blood clots in pee is far more likely to be something serious than not. Medical attention, now.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    bvcah wrote: »
    and advice taken, Ill go to a doctor but not ER. I am not dying!! lol.,.

Well... we don't know that yet...
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an UTI. Make an appointment with your doctor. You can buy OTC medication to help with the pain, but it won't actually clear up the infection.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    bvcah wrote: »
    its not pure red urine but like you see bits of red clumps. Im not paranoid of cancer or anything. but it seems like when I started loosing weight this happened. Do you guys think it's related? can loosing weight too fast cause this?

and advice taken, Ill go to a doctor but not ER. I am not dying!! lol.,.

How do you know that?

Yes ... seek medical attention immediately. If not ER then your closest walk-in clinic.

• kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I saw an episode of "my 600 lb life" the other day. A lady peed blood and was told her body was severely dehydrated. She needed fluids, intravenous. You should be at the ER instead if reading this post by the way..