Ketogenic (Low Carb/High Fat) NEED TIPS

Options
New Member Alert---Hello to anyone nice enough to take time to read this. I'm looking for any tips for the ketogenic (LCHF) diet. I'm considered morbidly obese and this is my do or die time to change all of my eating habits as well as incorporate daily exercise.

Replies

• ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Hi! There's lots of us doing anywhere from low-ish carb to Keto on the boards, but the group that has the most members is the Low Carber Daily Forum. Come on by -- it should take just a little while to gain entry and you'll be off to the races.

In the meantime: have you put your numbers into the MFP goals calculator? That'll give you an idea of some macros to start with. You can fiddle with them to get to the balance that works well for you. And the best thing I do every day is make sure I've logged what I'm eating and drinking.

Welcome!
  • Lovethyself1982
    Lovethyself1982 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Add me ! I'm Ketogenic too.I've been off and on for over a year now. I'd love to help or direct you where to look :)
  • Danielc4433
    Danielc4433 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use dietdoctor.com they have lots of tips, free recipes, meal planners, and shopping lists. Super useful.
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Tip #1. Look up all recipes in advance so you have time to go shopping for all the ingredients you probably won't have. My wife *kitten* about the recipes every day because her shopping list and meals are totally separate from mine :lol: