Today I Learned...

Options

Replies

• boddy40
    boddy40 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am from the UK and i found out that 1 in 10 europeans were conceieved on a bed from Ikea.
  • kaygeebozzz
    kaygeebozzz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    TIL not everything liquid and yellow that comes out of a human body is pee. :s

We need a thread of "Things I Wish I'd Never Learned" honestly
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options

Well, what is it?
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    The past week I've learned that I'm not very good at judging if it's been 150 seconds since my last post.

Quit being a bad boy.

I really didn't mean to, if OJ got out early on parole I wonder if I can.
  • HooperDrivesTheBoatChief
    Options
    glo5q6vw7xez.gif
  • kaygeebozzz
    kaygeebozzz Posts: 69 Member
    Options

Well, what is it?

Serous fluid from his swollen abdomen, leaking out of his bellybutton. I thought my patient just peed himself but nah
  • Unavita11
    Unavita11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    That Liquid Plumr was not spelled Liquid Plumber. Thank you, MFP ads.
  • Raquel_Mama
    Raquel_Mama Posts: 1,815 Member
    Options
    You get in life what you have the courage to ask for
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options

I don't mean to be the pessimist but unfortunately this is not necessarily true. I've sadly worked up courage to ask for things only to get shut down. :(

Although I have learned to say "eff you, I didn't want it anyway". (and of course run home and sob uncontrollably) :'(

Rejection kicks my a ss.
  • BattleRopes
    BattleRopes Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »

I don't mean to be the pessimist but unfortunately this is not necessarily true. I've sadly worked up courage to ask for things only to get shut down. :(

Although I have learned to say "eff you, I didn't want it anyway". (and of course run home and sob uncontrollably) :'(

Rejection kicks my a ss.

Same here ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))! <3
  • Raquel_Mama
    edited July 2017
    Options

Rejection kicks my a ss.

Well damn, I was trying to be all hopeful and *kitten*.....guess you make a valid point though. Maybe I can still hope for the outcome I want :smiley:
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    It's okay to give a *kitten*. But to only things that really matter. Things that set your soul on fire. All that other nonsense can kiss my *kitten* :)
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options

Rejection kicks my a ss.

Me too
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Ke$ha will resurface on August 9th, on Good Morning America.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    TIL as a nod to Spielberg - who placed a kid wearing Yoda costume in his movie E.T. - George Lucas made E.T.'s race a part of the Galactic Senate in Phantom Menace.

***I knew ET was in the senate but didn't know this was the exact reason.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    TIL as a nod to Spielberg - who placed a kid wearing Yoda costume in his movie E.T. - George Lucas made E.T.'s race a part of the Galactic Senate in Phantom Menace.

***I knew ET was in the senate but didn't know this was the exact reason.

I learned that this week as well! We must have the same YouTube feed
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    TIL in Scotland, a group of students went to a modern arts gallery and left a pineapple in an empty exhibit to see if people would think it was art. When they returned four days later, not only was the pineapple was still there, it had been covered with a glass case.

w6ia7372mazf.png

Too bad they didn't add a pen and a apple on that table before they put the case over it. ;)
  • Raquel_Mama
    Options
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you try, there's just no pleasing some people
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    TIL that the 7th time that park ranger Roy Sullivan was struck by lightning coincided with the 22nd time he fought off a bear with a stick.

3q00js14p7ur.jpg