Keto Diet discussion

Options
I'm less than a week into a Keto diet and have a lot to learn. Would be interested in connecting with others also doing Keto. Send me a friend request!

Replies

• grace3235
    grace3235 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Bronx Cav...I am doing keto also. I'm going really hard ...15 g carbs a day and working out. I just slightly entered ketosis on day 3 according to keto test strips. It is NOT by any means easy but we can support eachother through this insane diet.
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    grace3235 wrote: »
    Hi Bronx Cav...I am doing keto also. I'm going really hard ...15 g carbs a day and working out. I just slightly entered ketosis on day 3 according to keto test strips. It is NOT by any means easy but we can support eachother through this insane diet.

One thing to keep in mind is that how pink the strip is is largely irrelevant. My own experience is that my strips are darker the more I overeat fat, it has nothing to do with carbs as long as the carbs are low enough for ketosis. I can eat 2200 calories and 50g net carbs and the strip will be magenta. 1200 calories and 15g net cards and it reads negative ketones. Because the ketones in your urine are excess. It isn't an indication of your blood ketone levels.