Cabbage soup diet....it works amazingly!!!

Options
So I remeber in high school I bought this beatuiful dress for prom and 2 weeks before prom it was too tight, so my mom put me on a cabbage soup diet and I drank nothing but water until prom and I dropped 9 lbs in 2 weeks. I'm probablly gonna start adding the cabbage soup in my diet again...just a thought for anyone else that likes cabbage soup and haven't heard of this yet it does work amazingly!!

Recipe for Cabbage soup

http://www.cabbage-soup-diet.com/recipe/

Replies

• babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    not even going to read this post. LIMITING YOURSELF TO ONE TYPE OF FOOD IS NOT HEALTHY! YOU NEED A HEALTHY BALANCED DIET AND YOU NEED TO GET ALL THE NUTRIENTS FOR YOUR BODY.
  • littleali
    littleali Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm never sure about these kind of diets. I'm always wary of the fact that surely your body can't get the nutrition it needs from one vegetable? And I know once I came off it, I'd just pile all the weight back on. in my honest opinion, sustained weightloss is a much better alternative! But if you feel it's right for you, it's not my place to advise otherwise!
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    not even going to read this post. LIMITING YOURSELF TO ONE TYPE OF FOOD IS NOT HEALTHY! YOU NEED A HEALTHY BALANCED DIET AND YOU NEED TO GET ALL THE NUTRIENTS FOR YOUR BODY.

Yep, I agree. And once you start eating real food, the weight comes back. I'll take hard work, determination and a healthy meal plan as my tools.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    How long will it work for though? How long can you eat just cabbage soup before you get sick from lack of vitamins? How long before you put it back on when you start eating normal food again? It will slow your metabolism right down ...and be so unhealthy. The only way to do it is the long and hard way. It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change - thats the secret.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    They're right. This is the kind of site where you're going to upset people by posting things like this. Most of us are committed to healthy weight loss over a long term basis.
  • BlutAura
    BlutAura Posts: 97
    Options

Yep, I agree. And once you start eating real food, the weight comes back. I'll take hard work, determination and a healthy meal plan as my tools.

Agree with all of the above, not something I'll be trying any time soon!

There is only one thing that can take you to maintain a health life... And thats hard bloody work! We all worked hard to get our selves into these states its only right it takes hard work to get out!
  • FaithHopeTrust
    FaithHopeTrust Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    you clearly know nothing. the cabbage soup diet allows you certain things each day. like fruits or veg or beef/chicken or baked potato. it's designed to flush toxins out of your body.
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    It's not just cabbage soup. There is a 7 day plan that allows you vegetables one day, fruit another day, skim milk one day, beef and tomoatoes another day etc to eat along with your soup. I just don't know how long weight loss like that would last.
  • lesley12345
    lesley12345 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be negative, but the Cabbage soup diet is a crash diet. Will you lose weight? Sure you will, but once you get off the diet, you are likely to gain the weight back. This kind of diet is not sustainable and isn't providing you with the proper nutrients your body needs. I truly believe eating healthier foods, eating in moderation and being active is the healthiest and most realistic diet.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    tbf, she said it was for a certain event, she didn't say it was for long term weight loss. We all have those events we want to quickly shift a few pounds for, it might not be healthy but it's not the worst thing in the world to wanna look good for prom!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    actually if yall read it, cabbage soup isnt the only thing your eating...your also eating fruits and other vegis and another day of meat, i didnt read it real thorough, just glanced over it. although im not trying to defend the diet, because im not looking for a quick fix, im looking for something long term.
  • FaithHopeTrust
    Options
    How long will it work for though? How long can you eat just cabbage soup before you get sick from lack of vitamins? How long before you put it back on when you start eating normal food again? It will slow your metabolism right down ...and be so unhealthy. The only way to do it is the long and hard way. It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change - thats the secret.
    you eat OTHER foods with the soup. read the website plan. jeesh.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Nice, it seems to have a good variety of veggies, but it will get old after a while. Two weeks may not be bad. When you go back to eating normal you are likely to gain most of it back. I can see doing this diet to lose a few pounds to fit in a dress, but for something you want to last and keep long term. Good clean eating is the key. Lean beef, chicken, seafood, veggies, limit your starches. Be sure to get ATLEAST 30 minutes of cardio exercise 5-6 times a week.
  • ChrisWag
    ChrisWag Posts: 169
    Options
    So I remeber in high school I bought this beatuiful dress for prom and 2 weeks before prom it was too tight, so my mom put me on a cabbage soup diet and I drank nothing but water until prom and I dropped 9 lbs in 2 weeks. I'm probablly gonna start adding the cabbage soup in my diet again...just a thought for anyone else that likes cabbage soup and haven't heard of this yet it does work amazingly!!

Recipe for Cabbage soup

http://www.cabbage-soup-diet.com/recipe/

From what I see she didn't say she was doing the DIET, just that she was adding cabbage soup back into her meals.....Stop being so brutal!!! We are all here for the same reason! How we chose to do it is our business.
    I eat cabbage soup about 3-4 times a week as part of my healthy life......

What she said was - I'm probablly gonna start adding the cabbage soup in my diet again.... NOT I am gonna do the cabbage diet and eat nothing else!

lay off.
  • SweGuy
    SweGuy Posts: 78
    Options
    That is so not healty and people under 18 should not diet. Period.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Yeah- coming from an old pro who would know this is NOT the right way to do it....................... please dont follow "fad diets" people. It isnt healthy- your body needs other things and plus cabbage is flippin' GROOOOSSS LOL Balanced diet and exercise is the only way to do it.........RIGHT.
  • Toots2012
    Toots2012 Posts: 25
    Options
    I'd hate to hype myself up about a significant weight loss amont just to have it come back after I start eating real food. I'd rather do it the relistic way to make sure when those pounds are gone, they are gone for good!...Good luck with your cabbage diet.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    you clearly know nothing. the cabbage soup diet allows you certain things each day. like fruits or veg or beef/chicken or baked potato. it's designed to flush toxins out of your body.

I didn't know that, so I went back to look at the website again. I think it may be a good jumpstart to a diet, but if the OP's plans are just cabbage soup and water. OH NO
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

That's ridiculous, I've been obese since I was a kid, if I'd started dieting/eating healthily when I was like 10 I'd have had a much better life through my teens.
  • FaithHopeTrust
    Options
    so if you had a child who was 300lbs and 15 years old, you'd not suggest a diet?
    healthy eating to someone whose not used to it IS A DIET.