Day One!

Options
AriesGal329
AriesGal329 Posts: 236 Member
I've started and restarted MFP so many times I can't remember. Day one is always the hardest...but if I can get through that it's SO motivating. Yesterday I did great! Breakfast was turkey bacon and a boiled egg. Lunch was cottage cheese with blueberries. Snack was handful of almonds. Dinner was broiled halibut, grilled asparagus and two (measured) glasses of wine. I even had a small slice of angel food cake for dessert. Stayed within my calorie limit and feel very happy!

Replies

• kegla72
    kegla72 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my day 1. Congrats on your new start!!
  • Archcurl
    Archcurl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Today is also my first day! Add me if you want friends for support!
  • Emmygm
    Emmygm Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    If you need encouraging friends, feel free to add me!
  • mamma_adventure
    mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Similar story here. I've had success on here in the past, just starting over. Got about 40lbs to lose.
  • Damien_Scott
    Damien_Scott Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    It's just one day at a time. I'm about to hit my two year streak and it will always be one day at a time. It's a marathon, not a sprint. We have lost 120 lbs and 72 lbs so far and still take it a day at a time. Feel free to add me as well!
  • AriesGal329
    Options
    Day two going strong! Same breakfast and lunch, dinner was baked chicken breast (no skin) and green beans with my usual two glasses of measured wine. yay me!
  • divinewandererlane
    divinewandererlane Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you! Able to have your cake and eat it too (sorry, couldn't help myself)
  • Rufftimes
    Rufftimes Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Good stuff! Be wary of the almonds! A handful doesn't seem like much, but you're looking at up to 800 cal a cup!
  • marilynbauer
    marilynbauer Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I started over again Monday, 7/24.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Monday of this week was my day one (for the fifth time I think, lol). The first two weeks are always the hardest for me. If I could stay off the scales then I'd do better.
  • jenna_nicolo
    jenna_nicolo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Always budget that 100 calories in so I can finish the day with a small glass of wine :) The beauty of calories in, calories out.
  • AriesGal329
    Options
    Rufftimes wrote: »
    Good stuff! Be wary of the almonds! A handful doesn't seem like much, but you're looking at up to 800 cal a cup!

I actually count them out. 28 exactly :-)
  • spngnetwork
    spngnetwork Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Been on day 1 for almost a year now :smile:. But seriously, I've gotten back to keeping my exercise consistent and eating a lot better than I used to. Add me if you'd like.
  • natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    28 almonds it's 200 cal. Be careful with nuts. I suggest to have 10-12 almonds at your snacks.
    And wine?.... Why do u drink every day and that huge anount of 2 glasses? Your stop your fat burning process just by drinking alcohol. You may pour only 3 oz of wine but drop ice in the glass and it will trick u to a feeling that u drink a lot of wine. Good luck