Halo Top Intervention

Options
dmsl977
dmsl977 Posts: 232 Member
I might need a Halo Top ice cream intervention. I bought 9 different flavors yesterday at Walmart, including several that I had not tried before. I can make each pint last 3-4 days easily. What flavors do you love? So far my favorite is the peanut butter cup, but I tried chocolate almond crunch and fell in love.

Replies

• peyton80
    peyton80 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Pistachio is my go-to!
  • Jesseecee2016
    Jesseecee2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada and we can't get the Halo Top ice cream!!! I wish!
  • dmsl977
    Options
    peyton80 wrote: »
    Pistachio is my go-to!

Ooooh, I don't think that was one of the flavors I picked up yesterday. I don't remember seeing that one. I'll have to look next time.
  • dmsl977
    Options
    I live in Canada and we can't get the Halo Top ice cream!!! I wish!

But you guys have Tim Horton, so it's almost even. :wink:
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I love the lemon cake one, and I'm not normally a fan of other "cake" flavored ice creams. Very pleasant surprise.
  • brockhampton
    brockhampton Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    i keep seeing this halo top icecream but it costs 15 a pint here ):

i can't afford skinny icecream
  • dmsl977
    Options
    bodwomon wrote: »
    i keep seeing this halo top icecream but it costs 15 a pint here ):

i can't afford skinny icecream

$15 a pint?! It's $4.64/pint here, and like I said, it lasts me multiple days.
  • brockhampton
    brockhampton Posts: 211 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    yep ): well, 15 in my local currency so 11 usd but still almost thrice it is there. gutted the pistachio and red velvet flavors look amazing. i don't blame you haha if it were <$5 here, i'd totes need an intervention too!
  • niccibf
    niccibf Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    There may be a coupon on their website. I got a coupon from a grocery store for a free pint.
  • StrongGirlFitGirl
    StrongGirlFitGirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I love the lemon cake one, pistachio, red velvet, and birthday cake!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    It's always on sale here and I usually keep 4-5 pints on hand. Makes good boozy milkshakes.
  • bruby28
    bruby28 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    I tried halo top and was dissapointed by the consistency of it and the price lol . I know it's not going to be the exact same as my fav bluebell ice cream but the halotop was so hard and icy didn't give me a want for it ever again . I'd rather have a tiny amount of a good ice cream and stay in calorie goal
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    bruby28 wrote: »
    I tried halo top and was dissapointed by the consistency of it and the price lol . I know it's not going to be the exact same as my fav bluebell ice cream but the halotop was so hard and icy didn't give me a want for it ever again . I'd rather have a tiny amount of a good ice cream and stay in calorie goal

You're supposed to let it sit on the counter and get soft. It says that right on the container.
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    This is why I not not bought it. But I will probably break down at some point.
  • dmsl977
    Options
    bruby28 wrote: »

Either let it sit on the counter or zap it for 5-10 seconds (but definitely no more) in the microwave. Softens right up.
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! I too have a problem. When it goes on sale for BOGO or reduced sale I buy at least 30...not exaggerating. Just enough to last me 6-8 for the next sale.

Peanut butter, birthday cake, lemon cake, salted caramel. I don't even wait to let it thaw anymore and dig right in. Yummy

Usually gone in one sitting.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Favs are PB and vanilla. When my store has them on sale for $2.88, I stock up. :)
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I ate a pint a night for three nights about three weeks ago and I'm only just pooping normal again.
  • wmd1979
    wmd1979 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the smores kind. I was really pleasantly surprised when I tried that one because I had tried the PB cup previously and wasn't all that impressed.