Help

Options
Won't let me log most of my days as I'm not eating enough apparently but I'm having 3 meals a day?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You can log, but you can't close your diary out if you're consuming less than 1200 calories. Start eating more.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Eat more. Are you male? Min of 1500 net calories.
  • GettingFitSlim
    GettingFitSlim Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    mine does that if i eat less than 1000 calories a day. 1000 calories is the minimum you have to eat each day or else mvp wont count it
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    MFP won't let you close out your diary if you're below its minimum (I think it's 1500 calories for men, although I'm not 100% sure about that). Are you purposefully doing some kind of 5:2 cyclical diet (where you have very low days and higher days), or are you really just only eating 1100ish calories on some days? Unless you're aiming for a higher calorie average throughout the week (but are using higher/lower intake days to get there), you really need to be eating more.
  • malibu927
    Options
    mine does that if i eat less than 1000 calories a day. 1000 calories is the minimum you have to eat each day or else mvp wont count it

1000 for women, 1200 for men
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Won't let me log most of my days as I'm not eating enough apparently but I'm having 3 meals a day?

They must be tiny, low calorie meals.
  • bruby28
    bruby28 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more , obviously the calories per meal are not enough to add up to 1200 or more .
  • connorbambam98
    connorbambam98 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've been eating healthy and trying to lose weight but I don't know what else too eat as I don't want to start eating crisps and sasauge rolls and pasty and that
  • malibu927
    Options
    I've been eating healthy and trying to lose weight but I don't know what else too eat as I don't want to start eating crisps and sasauge rolls and pasty and that

You can eat all those things, or anything that fits in your calories (provided you hit your nutrient goals as well). http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    It's not uncommon when you first start out to eat too little because you're not sure of what to eat. Your fat looks like it's been really low today and yesterday. Ditch the cooking spray and use olive oil or butter to cook with. Peanut butter is awesome, as are things like avocado or nuts. You could also add some vegetables and things like potatoes/sweet potatoes/rice/noodles/whatever to your lunches and dinners.
  • connorbambam98
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

You can eat all those things, or anything that fits in your calories (provided you hit your nutrient goals as well). http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods

Oh can I, i just know if I start eating that again I won't stop
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    There is a huge span of possibilities between eating very low calorie, and loading up on sausage rolls. Use oil in cooking and on salads, add some nuts and seeds, use full fat dairy. You're not doing yourself any favours eating very low calorie - you may lose weight faster but your body won't thank you.
  • connorbambam98
    Options
    There is a huge span of possibilities between eating very low calorie, and loading up on sausage rolls. Use oil in cooking and on salads, add some nuts and seeds, use full fat dairy. You're not doing yourself any favours eating very low calorie - you may lose weight faster but your body won't thank you.

See I'm very fussy that's why I eat plain stuff and this is the reason I gave up last time as I don't know what to eat to get that extra calarioes just when I thought I was doing well
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

See I'm very fussy that's why I eat plain stuff and this is the reason I gave up last time as I don't know what to eat to get that extra calarioes just when I thought I was doing well

If you will eat sausage rolls and pasties, you're not as fussy as you think - there is a world of stuff out there that you will eat, you just need to discover it. Lower doesn't necessarily mean best. Your body needs a certain amount of calories to continue to function.
  • boredloser
    boredloser Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I think it might be because your daily calorie goal is set to 2,385kcal and you're eating about 1000 under that. Try changing your goal settings to a lower number, maybe 1250-1500 since that seems to be around what you're eating.
  • boredloser
    boredloser Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    (I can't find the edit button)

That or change your goal setting to how much you want to eat and try reaching that goal
  • malibu927
    Options
    boredloser wrote: »
    I think it might be because your daily calorie goal is set to 2,385kcal and you're eating about 1000 under that. Try changing your goal settings to a lower number, maybe 1250-1500 since that seems to be around what you're eating.

That still doesn't change the fact that he's undereating, which anything under 1500 is
  • connorbambam98
    Options
    Sure, overeating on sausage rolls and crisps is unhealthy.

Undereating is equally unhealthy.

You are all about extremes, and you're talking as if the only choice you have is between extreme overeating and extreme undereating. The only way you will lose weight is if you learn to eat in moderation. If you are really serious about losing weight, you need to face up to that challenge.

Yes I know but eating my 3 meals a day feels me up I don't feel hungry to eat much more but before I used to just eat junk so I'm doing alot better than I was but what am I suppose to eat if I'm not hungry and need extra?
  • connorbambam98
    Options

If you will eat sausage rolls and pasties, you're not as fussy as you think - there is a world of stuff out there that you will eat, you just need to discover it. Lower doesn't necessarily mean best. Your body needs a certain amount of calories to continue to function.

I understand that but I don't really know what I'm doing but I'm still trying