Coffee creamer spikes!!

Options

Replies

• bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Even though I stopped, I used to use Almond Coffee Creamer - just a tablespoon or two.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,972 Member
    Options
    ashbabe25 wrote: »
    I stopped using creamer in my coffee altogether. I've even stopped putting milk in my coffee. I just put 1/2-1tsp sugar and 2tbs half and half. It's all I need now.

This is what I do too. Except I always put the full tsp sugar. Lol. It's only 70 calories per cup and I only drink 2 cups of coffee per day. It is pretty easy to work that in.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Super easy! Just add cashew or almond milk with sugar free 0 calorie sweetener like caramel etc and like 4 tbsp truvia. SOOOO good. I also recommend walden farms 0 calorie creamer. It is actually one of their only good products besides the sugar free syrup and honey dijon salad dressing.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    I've tried using equal (aspartame) in my coffee and it tastes terrible. Weirdly, I have no issues with the taste of diet soda.

Anyway, I tend to just drink coffee black. I'm really just in it for the hot drink and caffeine in the morning not so much for the flavor. Occasionally, I'll add a bit of fat free half and half.

YUCK equal is the worst. I can't even use it at all lol. the only 0 calorie sweeteners I like are truvia and stevia.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I had to wean myself off the coffee creamer over time. I started with about 30% coffee and 70% creamer.. it was pretty bad! It wasn't even the coffee I wanted it was just a vessel for the creamer :(

Yeah I have a huge sweet tooth so finding that balance between low calorie and really sweet coffee took a long time. Nowadays its just 2oz of almond milk and four drops of liquid sucralose per cup. About 8 calories of pure deliciousness <3
  • Zipbsky
    Zipbsky Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I drink hot coffee black. Iced coffee with stevia and light cream. I like a lot of cream too so it's 200-300 of my daily calories. That's why I only get 1 cold brew a day. Worth it for me personally. But think the flavored creamers are gross. I cant drink them and only use them to make French toast.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Good quality coffee with steamed unsweetened almond vanilla milk and cinnamon. Sometimes shaved dark chocolate. The almond milk is 15 calories a half cup.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I use 1/4 to 1/2 cup almond or cashew milk, splenda, and 1 tbsp sugar free creamer. It's light and sweet enough that way for tea and coffee. And I like both tooth achingly sweet. :#
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Stevia and a flavored coconut milk creamer.
  • MossiO
    MossiO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I only have one cup of coffee a day and I mix in a packet of hot cocoa. It sweetens it plenty and lightens it enough, and it's 80 calories vs. 140 when I do my standard sugar and half and half.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Do Americans use just plain ol milk in their coffee? It seems to be a foreign concept over there.

We don't have creamer in Australia, our coffee/tea comes white (with milk) or black, these are our only options.

I'm a Brit in the US and I was firmly in the milk camp. I changed up to almond milk for the calorie save. I find half and half or cream or creamer in coffee kinda grossly rich.
  • Asibaris
    Asibaris Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    dpeiffer85 wrote: »
    I am doing really well eating healthy (for the most part), and exercising consistently. My one down fall everyday is the creamer I use in my coffee. How do I create the same sweet taste without all the sugar, calories, and carbs? Please help!!

I looove homemade coconut milk! I never found coconut milk at the stores as plentiful as the one I make at home. I suggest you try that :-)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,972 Member
    Options
    Do Americans use just plain ol milk in their coffee? It seems to be a foreign concept over there.

We don't have creamer in Australia, our coffee/tea comes white (with milk) or black, these are our only options.

I'm a Brit in the US and I was firmly in the milk camp. I changed up to almond milk for the calorie save. I find half and half or cream or creamer in coffee kinda grossly rich.

I'm American. I started out using milk in my coffee, but switched to half and half because it is richer than milk.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    A tub of Half-n-Half is 15 calories. Coffee Mate is 25. Hazelnut flavor is 30. Those, and peppermint flavor, are my choices at my workplace. Just because I can I have one each day in my last cup of coffee for the day. 'Tis a triviality.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    I'll put 2-3 drops of peppermint oil or other flavor extract into the coffee filter to add flavor. Choosing a coffee with sweet flavor (like highlander grog, vanilla hazelnut, caramel, etc) might be an option for you, too.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I drink 110 calories of coffee with half and half and sugar free Torani syrup, or almond milk, every day. Half and half (20 calories a tablespoon x 4 = 80) in the morning. In the afternoon, I'll put 2 or 3 shots of espresso in a tall glass with a cup of almond milk (30 calories, I think) and add ice. That's a total of 110 calories, but I won't give up coffee that I like.
  • LizbethHeller
    LizbethHeller Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Y'know, after 40 years of drinking cream and sugar in my coffee, this time I decided it was time for me to learn to drink it black. The first half cup was torture, but by the time I got to the bottom I was kind of liking it. And now, 3 weeks later, I am REALLY liking having between 100 and 300 "extra" calories per day to play with. It's a psychological boost too... like, hey, look at me drinking black coffee with the big kids. LOL.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I use original "So Delicious" coconut creamer (20 cals) with a teaspoon of agave light (5 cals). Only 1g of sugar total!
  • Lashawn71188
    Lashawn71188 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I only drink iced coffee so I usually put a scoop of protein powder and 1/2 a cup of almond milk in mine.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Y'know, after 40 years of drinking cream and sugar in my coffee, this time I decided it was time for me to learn to drink it black. The first half cup was torture, but by the time I got to the bottom I was kind of liking it. And now, 3 weeks later, I am REALLY liking having between 100 and 300 "extra" calories per day to play with. It's a psychological boost too... like, hey, look at me drinking black coffee with the big kids. LOL.

a month ago I decided to just drink a cup black.....finished and it wasn't awful. Now its the only way I drink it. I didnt start drinking black on purpose though. I had walked downstairs with my cup forgetting to add milk and sweetener and was just too tired to go back upstairs to get it.

Now I notice the quality of the coffee i drink though. Better coffee is so much easier to drink black.