The insomnia club?

Options
KyoJane
KyoJane Posts: 26 Member
It's about 1am. I didn't sleep last night aaand I probably won't sleep tonight. Where are all my night owl friends at? How do you guys pass the night?

Replies

• _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    I'm totally night owl but it's totally only 8 pm at the moment
  • KyoJane
    Options
    Yeah it's like 1:30 am now I don't think sleep is on the cards tonight.
  • _pi3_
    Options
    I'll probably be up til 1 or 2
  • asianolikeyou
    asianolikeyou Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'm a nightowl, too. When I can't sleep, I usually bingewatch something on Netflix or paint
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Its only 9:30 here!

I was up 'till 6 am last night I think? I try to not look 'cause it stresses me out. I love night and naturally stay up...even tho I am often dead tired during the day, I can't help it. On work days I try to get to sleep by 3am at the latest and get up at 6:30...I am functional.

As for what I do...listen to music, YouTube, TV, read, shop, mfp.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    I'm up until 2AM-3AM nearly every day unless, I'm borderline on being depressed. Then I can sometimes get lucky & go to sleep around midnight or it could means can't go to sleep until at least 4AM.
  • Zac1644
    Zac1644 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I work nights so this is prime season for me :) That's why I'm always on here haha
  • KyoJane
    Options
    Yeah it's terrible guys. I can be awake for four days at a time and the side effects of that kind of sleep deprivation are... let's just say not fun.
  • _pi3_
    Options
    KyoJane wrote: »
    Yeah it's terrible guys. I can be awake for four days at a time and the side effects of that kind of sleep deprivation are... let's just say not fun.

That's really terrible have you gotten help?
  • FireTurtle75
    Options
    Looks like it will probably be a super late night for me. Ugh.

Dang, that sucks. I used to be a lot worse, but never that bad. In college is was nearly 2 days & not because I was doing anything stupid.
  • Zac1644
    Options

That's really hard on your body and mind, I would definitely reach out and see what's there for you whether self help books to sleep, music, therapy or medication if you choose. Otherwise studies have shown long term sleep deprivation is a Killer, literally. I hope it gets better for you!

• _pi3_
    Options
    Looks like it will probably be a super late night for me. Ugh.

Dang, that sucks. I used to be a lot worse, but never that bad. In college is was nearly 2 days & not because I was doing anything stupid.

I stayed up two days once and like after awhile I feel so sick from lack of sleep I need it
  • FireTurtle75
    Options
    Yep, that does happen. I physically can't handle it as much as I could when I was younger. I worked a full time job Midnight to 8, then on M,W,F I would ride my motorcycle nearly an hour away to my part time construction job & work there until 2-3PM. T-Th was classes all day. It was like I would just forget to sleep. Finally quit the second job after I rolled a tractor over & nearly killed myself because I was zoned out & incapable of focusing.
  • relynne
    relynne Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    It's only 7:57 here, but I never sleep anyway.
  • ozzynotwood
    ozzynotwood Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was staying up all night until 6:30am. Not my choice, I just wouldn't fall asleep until the sun csme up. To fix this I stayed awake for over 24 hours to make myself tired enough to sleep. Alarm us set for 3am and I go for a 60 minute walk at 4am. This makes me fall asleep at 7pm. Try that but adjust your alarm to suit the hours you want to be awake.
  • _pi3_
    edited July 2017
    Options
    It's 3 am. Anybody up
  • Zac1644
    Options
    Ooh you know I'm here lol
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    It's 3 am. Anybody up

I am!
    watching a movie, and listening to music...haha, looking up random stuff

What is everyone else doing?
  • _pi3_
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Spilt my beer like dummy so got two sleeping pills and hopefully will sleep

I have problems
  • Zac1644
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    It's 3 am. Anybody up

I am!
    watching a movie, and listening to music...haha, looking up random stuff

What is everyone else doing?

I'm stuck at work unfortunately :( but I'm watching a movie so it could be worse lol. what movie you watching? and listening to music? haha