Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Stoshew71 !
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    @shanaber @seanevan10 thanks - I have both vivobarefoot trail and road shoes which I've worn doing up to about 7 miles before, which is probably my mistake! This is why I figured if I do c25k (or rather one weekly workout following the distance/walking with them) and run in non-zero drop other days that would work. My other shoes are only 4-6mm anyway.

• Elise4270
    Options

Sorry to disappoint y'all, but I will be here also :lol:

Where would we be without our hot dog?
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Goal for August is 120 Miles.

Also I want to:
    1. get long run up to 10 Miles
    2. Get 10k to 1:03
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Yay! @5512bf ! Welcome back! We'll help you get back on track! I'm sure you'll find plenty of marathon training support this month!
  • bonniegarbal
    bonniegarbal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm in for 50 miles.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    stacer_00 wrote: »
    I am just starting off running again after a really bad car accident in 2014. Doctors have said I shouldn't/wouldn't be able to run again. So I am trying to start up again as I used to love running and want to improve fitness (and prove wrong!). However with several rib fractures and other issues, it's still difficult. I strive for 20-30 minutes up to 3 times a week.

Ouch! I love proving doctors wrong! Welcome to the group!
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Amanda2887 wrote: »
    So, this is my first time doing a running challenge. I have never been a big runner, typically walk/jog and have gotten up to doing 3 miles at a time. It has been a while since I have done this so my goal for this month will be 20 miles. I plan on running 1 mile 5 times a week. Each month I plan on increasing it by a half of a mile just to take it slow unless I feel like I need to increase it. I am also in a new neighborhood so finding my new path will be interesting. Another goal is to find my sweet spot so I don't need to walk during my run, I would like to be able to do a long distance run at some point.

Any pointers will be great :smile:

Welcome. I am fairly new too. This is my second month. I love the all the experience everyone brings to this group. Just keep at it. Ask questions too!
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    stacer_00 wrote: »
    I am just starting off running again after a really bad car accident in 2014. Doctors have said I shouldn't/wouldn't be able to run again. So I am trying to start up again as I used to love running and want to improve fitness (and prove wrong!). However with several rib fractures and other issues, it's still difficult. I strive for 20-30 minutes up to 3 times a week.

Welcome. Hopefully you feel better and get your goal!