August 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,796 Member
    Options
    This months goal is 75 miles, trying to get back on a regular schedule, been working crazy hours, but it should start to slow down.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    August hasn't even started yet and I might have to change my mileage goal already
  • PinkamenaD8
    PinkamenaD8 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm in for 200kms. Happy running!

exercise.png
  • hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Ok. Setting a goal. As I intend to do some intentional and planned running this month and not just try and out run bad attitudes or be defiant. But also trying to stay reasonable. So, I think I am in for 40. Also, how do we have 3 pages before the month has even started?
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    hanlonsk wrote: »
    Ok. Setting a goal. As I intend to do some intentional and planned running this month and not just try and out run bad attitudes or be defiant. But also trying to stay reasonable. So, I think I am in for 40. Also, how do we have 3 pages before the month has even started?

It will only get much worse... hold on tight :lol:
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    hanlonsk wrote: »

It will only get much worse... hold on tight :lol:

*Uh hum, AMEN.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 100 again!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    August hasn't even started yet and I might have to change my mileage goal already

Is because of the prime number thing? I thought I might have to go with 89 instead of 80. Just cuz it's a Fibonacci number too.

Hmmm - I love Fibonacci, we may have to have this as a thing! Oh wait though that would mean I would have to run less than my goal at 89 or way more at 144...
  • nickyjp2
    nickyjp2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well new month ideal time for new challenge... not sure how you log runs not very techno savvy. Hope to run as far as my body allows, tend to be lot slower these days but do enjoy the freedom that running provides.
  • cameronheel
    cameronheel Posts: 191 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @marikaCL @nickyjp2 Welcome to the group. You will find a wealth of knowledge from the posters on here. This is only my third month doing the monthly running challenge and I have learned something new on this forum every day.

@Celery73 Also a welcome to you. You say you will only jog or walk. If both of your feet are ever off the ground at the same time, you are a runner. So welcome to the group runner. Good luck on building up that strength.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    8/1 = 4.5 miles

Tuesday's are usually my yoga days but we had a mini cold front blow through. It was a glorious 71 degrees this morning at 5am! I couldn't resist getting a few miles in. :)

(August miles) 4.5/150 (August goal miles)
  • Svnwitch
    Svnwitch Posts: 71 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to running. As of right now I can run a mile at a moderate pace without feeling too out of breath. I don't even know what a realistic goal would be. Can anyone who's experienced help me? I've been in sports most of my life so I do have Fitness and sports background but definitely not where I want to be right now. If you need more info about me I'm 32 with 3 kids I just had a baby 10 months ago (and 21 months ago, too) so I'm getting back into shape for 2 babies. I plan on doing 2-3 short/medium runs and 1 long run per week I have about 25 more lbs to lose to my goal weight so I'm not too overweight so I can push myself. Any help on setting a goal for this month would be greatly appreciated!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy August, everyone.

This month should be interesting. I'm struggling with anxiety over some potential big work and life decisions that may come to a head any time in the next few days/weeks. The HM I'm training for is October 1, so this month should probably be my peak mileage for training. Last year when I trained for my first half around the same time period, I peaked in August at 110 miles. Last month I did 121 miles, despite the heat and travel.

I think I'll set my August goal at 120 again - not sure I can increase given everything going on and the heat. But my long run increases and group workouts will probably get me at least to that. Maybe I can manage anxiety through a lot of good running.