Gained it all Back :(

Options
Hi MFP Friends,

I need some motivation to start all over again. Dammit!! I was in FABULOUS shape and let it all go! After working out and eating right in 2012/2013, I sculpted a tight body.

I can't believe I let that go. I am so upset with myself. My body is mushy now and my stomach isn't flat anymore but it protrudes out and I have rolls. I never had that before. I can suck it in but it is so bad that I don't even want the sucked in stomach. I was at the point where without doing anything my abs were starting to show.

To make matters worse, I FEEL uncomfortable in my skin. To makes matters even worse than that, I am going to the river this weekend and I had to buy a new bathing suit in a larger size. I was a size 6 and I just bought a size 12 bathing suit. I have to face the fact that I am going to look terrible. UGGHH!!!

I've gained 30 Lbs back. I am a short 5'2" Woman so the weight is very visible on my body. I am now one of those chubby chicks who isn't ugly but would look good if she lost weight. My pics from a few years ago are showing up on FB and I'm jealous of myself. Stupid.

I was a runner and also did Jillian Michaels videos before. I used to wake up early and do a 30 min workout then after work run a few times a week plus log meals. Now I sleep in and when I come home I pop open a beer and listen to music while I cook Mexican Food.

Since I know how to lose weight and get in shape, all I need is the motivation. My goal is to lose 10ish by Xmas and another 10ish by March. 20 Lbs at least by March. I've got a trip to Venice, Italy in March and our yearly river trip in Summer. Hoping 2018 doesn't eat my 2017 self.

I am going to go on a run tonight. I've logged everything so far today.

Please friend me.

:#

Replies

• Karri_Bryant
    Karri_Bryant Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am in the same situation as you are. I lost over 100 pounds, had some health issues and have put it all back on. So now I start over. I found your post inspiring. You sound as if you are well on your way. You know what you are doing, (you've done it before) you have goals set and something to look forward to. YOU CAN DO THIS!!
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    So did you give up exercise/running while you gained all that weight back? That may be your answer right there. This time around once you hit your goals don't stop the exercise and the healthier choices.
  • Arekha
    Arekha Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Me too. 5'1", lost wt in 2013, managed to gain most of it back. On round 2 I guess. Maintaining it for me is more difficult that losing...seems to me like as long as there was a goal, motivation was easier. Once I got there, i started letting go. Oh well, time to restart
  • goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I am in the same situation as you are. I lost over 100 pounds, had some health issues and have put it all back on. So now I start over. I found your post inspiring. You sound as if you are well on your way. You know what you are doing, (you've done it before) you have goals set and something to look forward to. YOU CAN DO THIS!!

I'm glad I inspired you!! Thank you for believing in me. It's so ridiculous that it is this hard to start over.
  • goalpeace
    Options
    So did you give up exercise/running while you gained all that weight back? That may be your answer right there. This time around once you hit your goals don't stop the exercise and the healthier choices.

YUP. Gave up the regular exercise/running and logging my meals. I maintained for a while but I let go. The crazy thing was when I hit goal it scared me. I knew it would be a problem.
  • goalpeace
    Options
    Arekha wrote: »
    Me too. 5'1", lost wt in 2013, managed to gain most of it back. On round 2 I guess. Maintaining it for me is more difficult that losing...seems to me like as long as there was a goal, motivation was easier. Once I got there, i started letting go. Oh well, time to restart

Maintenance is a killer. We have to do this for ourselves. It is too priceless to feel good on the inside.
  • sassysisterjd
    sassysisterjd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Added you. You can do this! We are in the same boat- I was at my happy weight last year, but slowly stopped logging over the winter and the weight crept right back on! My breaking point was this weekend, when I realized it wasn't just a bad picture or clothes that stayed too long in the dryer... I'm up 15 pounds. I'm also fairly short, 5'3", and it definitely does show when you're not tall. Done it before and we can do it again, though!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Maintenance is the hardest part. My advice would be to really think about why you stopped what you were doing. Was it just too much to do long term? Knowing the why may be the key to preventing it happening again.
  • goalpeace
    Options
    Added you. You can do this! We are in the same boat- I was at my happy weight last year, but slowly stopped logging over the winter and the weight crept right back on! My breaking point was this weekend, when I realized it wasn't just a bad picture or clothes that stayed too long in the dryer... I'm up 15 pounds. I'm also fairly short, 5'3", and it definitely does show when you're not tall. Done it before and we can do it again, though!

We can do this Sassy!! Day 1 counts!!
  • goalpeace
    Options
    Maintenance is the hardest part. My advice would be to really think about why you stopped what you were doing. Was it just too much to do long term? Knowing the why may be the key to preventing it happening again.

No, I think about what the reason is. I always go back to having a full time job and 3 kids I need to get to school, sports, cooking, cleaning, etc. Yes, that is A LOT of responsibility and it is very very time consuming. BUT I can and have woken up early. I can and do have the hour a day to go on that run. I can and do have time to log my meals. I really have no excuses.
  • mdav0579
    mdav0579 Posts: 11 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    With you. Lost 45 lbs and after starting a new job and having our third child (ha! I gain almost as much weight as my wife did) I'm back to where I was in 2013 :( You can do it! So can I :)
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    goalpeace wrote: »

YUP. Gave up the regular exercise/running and logging my meals. I maintained for a while but I let go. The crazy thing was when I hit goal it scared me. I knew it would be a problem.

I hit my original goal a little over a year ago. What helped me stay on track was setting new goals. They weren't weight related, more muscle/fitness related. I kept logging (still am) and stayed at maintenance in recomp for a long time (a bit over a year). I just started a cut for August, then will go back to maintenance in September and October and will likely give myself a couple hundred extra calories for a slow bulk again over the winter. I started last November at Thanksgiving doing just that, weighed in at 178. I'm at 190 now but still in the normal BMI range. So now I will try and get closer to 180 again before November. You can do this, just don't stop setting goals, no matter what they are. It'll help motivate you.
  • goalpeace
    Options
    mdav0579 wrote: »
    With you. Lost 45 lbs and after starting a new job and having our third child (ha! I gain almost as much weight as my wife did) I'm back to where I was in 2013 :( You can do it! So can I :)

You are damn right!! We can and will do it!!
  • goalpeace
    Options
    goalpeace wrote: »

I hit my original goal a little over a year ago. What helped me stay on track was setting new goals. They weren't weight related, more muscle/fitness related. I kept logging (still am) and stayed at maintenance in recomp for a long time (a bit over a year). I just started a cut for August, then will go back to maintenance in September and October and will likely give myself a couple hundred extra calories for a slow bulk again over the winter. I started last November at Thanksgiving doing just that, weighed in at 178. I'm at 190 now but still in the normal BMI range. So now I will try and get closer to 180 again before November. You can do this, just don't stop setting goals, no matter what they are. It'll help motivate you.

Thank you!! Yes, that is what lead to my failure. I didn't have a goal. I actually started because I was getting married Summer 13 and didn't want to be a fat bride. I am proud to say I killed that goal 1000%. I looked awesome. Then I didn't have anything as significant other than our regular vacations. I used that as my goals but it wasn't a high enough goal. I am the type of person who constantly needs something bigger and better to look forward too. In everything I do. Sold my house because I wanted a better one. Left jobs because I wanted a better
    one. Luckily I have been successful in those endeavors but it is kind of a risky and stressful lifestyle :#

Sometimes I think I need to just calm down, relax, and take life in stride.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I fell overboard around the same time as you although as opposed to losing weight I had gained weight and reached peak fitness and very low body fat. I too have to look at my old pictures from 2013. That is one of them there next to this post.

I gained around 28 pounds after I quit the gym and went into an anti depressant. Larger than I had ever been in my life. I then went the other way and slipped back into my old obsession with being thin and light and dropped to 125 pounds. It isn't a great look on my 5'9 athletic frame. Now I am back to try and get my fitness back up there and eliminate my scale obsession again.

I certainly relate in that sense. We just came from different angles. I am sure you can get back to where you were. Just follow your old plan and scale that mountain again.
  • goalpeace
    Options
    Graelwyn75 wrote: »
    I fell overboard around the same time as you although as opposed to losing weight I had gained weight and reached peak fitness and very low body fat. I too have to look at my old pictures from 2013. That is one of them there next to this post.

I gained around 28 pounds after I quit the gym and went into an anti depressant. Larger than I had ever been in my life. I then went the other way and slipped back into my old obsession with being thin and light and dropped to 125 pounds. It isn't a great look on my 5'9 athletic frame. Now I am back to try and get my fitness back up there and eliminate my scale obsession again.

I certainly relate in that sense. We just came from different angles. I am sure you can get back to where you were. Just follow your old plan and scale that mountain again.

Thank you Dear!! I was also obsessed too and suffer from depressed moods. I make everything so hard when it doesn't have to be.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I lost down to 125 last year in 2016 and gained it all back during the fall/winter months due to stress and other stuff going on. So don't feel bad! At least you didn't gain it all back within the same year that you lost it. I'm hoping to get it off again and keep it off.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Your motivation is that You're now a size 12 instead of 6. You know how to do it, so do it. My before pics keep me motivated in maintenance.
  • goalpeace
    Options
    @perkymommy It feels good to know I'm not alone. I have felt so alone and isolated. we can do this!!

@lorrpb I never thought of it that way but you are correct!! I can look forward to my clothes not fitting as tight. It's actually to the point where I don't have as many outfits because a lot doesn't fit. I can't go out and buy a new wardrobe!! I need to be responsible for the sake of my family.
  • millea84
    millea84 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I hear you there. I was a skinny kid at first but than I began to have problems with being overweight. I lost a lot of weight in 2008-09 due to a lot of swimming and walking. I was almost to being the right weight and was feeling gorgeous. I used to hate having my picture taken, but when I lost all that weight you couldn't get me away from the front of the camera. Well I started taking medication for some health problems and it was all down hill from there. I am now at my largest 209ish and hate getting my picture taken again. I prefer to be behind the camera (I am a fine art photographer.) I also gained weight because my physical health conditions got worse so I have been a bit sedentary. I want to lose about 90 pounds so I can be at a healthy weight. Also losing weight would help relieve some of the symptoms. I will add you as a friend.