Anyone else doing internment fasting?

This is my second day doing a 14 hour fast. I started with a 10 hour fast then 12 and now 14. Ive lost about 3 pounds in the past three weeks. Just wanted to know if anyone else is doing this and their progress and their thoughts on it.

Replies

• Spartan_Gingi
    Spartan_Gingi Posts: 194 Member
    I'm currently doing this too. About a week now. I really like that I'm not hungry outside of my feast window. And it's super nice to not have to worry about hauling snacks around with me. I'm on a 18/6 window. I feast from 2pm to 8pm, and run at about 6am in the morning with no problems. :)
  • chrissymoore06
    chrissymoore06 Posts: 123 Member
    Thats awsome! I also feel better. Now if I try to eat a big meal i feel sluggish. My goal is to work up to the 16 hour. I have more energry and eat less. Im glad others are having good progress with this.
  • ludds
    ludds Posts: 40 Member
    I guess I do it accidentally. I've never called it IF. But 9 days out of 10 I only eat between 12 and 7. Works for me. I wouldn't not eat outside of those times if I felt hungry tho.
  • derlejamem
    derlejamem Posts: 1 Member
    Have been since kicking glipizide to the curb last May. Have done 16/8 and dinner-to-dinner multiple days a week.
    Run several miles and do Orange Theory while fasting without incident, only eat when hungry, feel great!
  • chrissymoore06
    I've just herd so many conflicting ideas about it. Im glad that others support it. It seem like everyone is different and react different to it. I dont think anyone should just jump into a 16 hour fast. Ive been trying to do it slowly.
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    I do it incidentally. I take morning meds that require me to wait at least an hour before breakfast, so on work days I am eating at the office. I often get busy and cannot eat until 10am. Dinner is usually around 7 or 7:30. On weekends, I will also get distracted (or oversleep), and end up eating only 2 meals, brunch around 11:30-noon, and then dinner around 6pm. I/F is not my primary WL strategy, though, it just often happens that my eating patterns fit the I/F model. As long as you get the proper calories in a day to achieve your goals, it doesn't matter when you ingest them. If the I/F helps, go for it.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I am doing 12:12 for now- just because it helps with my schedule- I want to work my way to 14:10 window over time.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited July 2017
    12:12 is easy to stick to for life. Pretty much means I eat dinner and then stop eating for the night.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    I skip breakfast. Is this what you mean?

Same here.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    I am lean bulking on IF so let that sink in a second. I define IF as an appetite strategy vs wieght loss or gain. It also is a great strategy for diet flexibility. Still comes down to total daily cals to lose wieght.
  • chrissymoore06

Yes. You stop eating at lets say 8 pm then go at least 12 hours till you eat again.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member

Yes. You stop eating at lets say 8 pm then go at least 12 hours till you eat again.

I don't need to eat until noon and eat dinner at 6 or 7 the night before. I usually eat only two meals a day. I like eating bigger meals.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member

Same here.

Aaaaand same here. There is not weight loss benefit to IF. I can help you manage calories though.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    jdog022 wrote: »
    I am lean bulking on IF so let that sink in a second. I define IF as an appetite strategy vs wieght loss or gain. It also is a great strategy for diet flexibility. Still comes down to total daily cals to lose wieght.

QFT
  • More2Life17
    More2Life17 Posts: 14 Member
    Seasoned faster here. I've been following an IF protocol for the last 6 years. I can't praise it enough. My eating window is anywhere from 3pm - 7/8pm. I use to eat much further into the night as I'm predominantly a night eater, however I've found my stomach doesn't digest food so well overnight if I've just at eaten an hour or two before sleep. Stopping eating by 7/8pm has proved to be a game changer for me. Also I enjoy waking up "emptied" so to speak. It's a wonderful feeling.

It's so simple to stick to my designated calories with this protocol it's ridiculously easy. You learn to love fasting as the years roll by.
  • BelAug2010
    BelAug2010 Posts: 30 Member
    Ok if I have coffee does that mean I'm not fasting? I stop eating at 7-8 pm then I skip breakfast and have lunch after 1. But I have coffee about 8am so I think it's not fasting because of the coffee. What do you think?