Anyone else doing internment fasting?

Options

Replies

• More2Life17
    More2Life17 Posts: 14 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    BelAug2010 wrote: »
    Ok if I have coffee does that mean I'm not fasting? I stop eating at 7-8 pm then I skip breakfast and have lunch after 1. But I have coffee about 8am so I think it's not fasting because of the coffee. What do you think?

If the coffee contains milk or sugar yes, the fast is technically. broken. If you can take your coffee black take it black. If not, you can continue to drink your coffee as normal providing it's a small dose of milk. In the overall scheme of things this isn't a deal breaker to your weight loss by a long shot. If however your appetite comes alive after the coffee, definitely take it black.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I do 16/8(ish) just because i'm only really hungry at night so it seemed to make more sense for me to eat 100% of my calories then instead of 33% of my calories.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    18/6 here...it's my happy way of managing eating, long term.
  • MikeEsko
    MikeEsko Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    I skip breakfast. Is this what you mean?

Same here.

Aaaaand same here. There is not weight loss benefit to IF. I can help you manage calories though.

How is there no benefit? That doesnt add up.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Thats awsome! I also feel better. Now if I try to eat a big meal i feel sluggish. My goal is to work up to the 16 hour. I have more energry and eat less. Im glad others are having good progress with this.

Doesn't narrowing your eating window mean that your meals have to be bigger, in order to hit your calories in the smaller time period?
    I've just herd so many conflicting ideas about it. Im glad that others support it. It seem like everyone is different and react different to it. I dont think anyone should just jump into a 16 hour fast. Ive been trying to do it slowly.

I don't deliberately fast but quite often do a 16 hour window without eating, it's only having dinner at 8 then skipping breakfast. I'm not a breakfast eater and that would be my preferred way of eating if I didn't have to take meds with food every 12 hours.
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I do 23:1. OMAD. There's an awesome group if interested in learning about one meal a day. Its great for me because I'm a constant snacker and grazer. Eating one huge satisfying meal keeps me so full for 23 hours.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but - I just noticed - internment fasting :D Don't lock yourself up to stop yourself from eating :p

I had a giggle over that too. Damn autocorrect!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    My days vary: 18:6. 20:4. 16:8.
    IF fits into my work day and my years long predilection of not eating anything in the morning.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    BelAug2010 wrote: »
    Ok if I have coffee does that mean I'm not fasting? I stop eating at 7-8 pm then I skip breakfast and have lunch after 1. But I have coffee about 8am so I think it's not fasting because of the coffee. What do you think?

Do you add anything with calories to the coffee? Plain coffee fits with IF, but really and truthfully, the point of choosing WHEN to eat is so that you are keeping yourself from eating all day long. Coffee will not matter.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    mdeck86 wrote: »
    mmapags wrote: »
    I skip breakfast. Is this what you mean?

Same here.

Aaaaand same here. There is not weight loss benefit to IF. I can help you manage calories though.

How is there no benefit? That doesnt add up.

Why would there be a benefit?
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I've been doing roughly 16:8 for about 3 1/2 weeks now. I find the benefit of a shorter eating window being the ability to eat to satiation a couple of times in the day along with snacking. So although I don't eat any more or less calories, it's easier for me to stick to budget.

I do, however, get a little hungry mid-morning, about 2 hours before my window starts. A single cup of coffee will usually tide me over.

I am not too worried about the potentially dubious claims about its fat burning benefits (mostly because if there are any, it's not likely as significant as my deficit, and I'm not looking for that last sinew of muscle fiber to show - actually still looking for that first muscle fiber to show... B)
  • chrissymoore06
    chrissymoore06 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Its something thats not for everyone and is based on personal experience and how your body is. Im not claiming it to be a magic weight loss plan. For me it helps me feel better and thats whats important. ;)
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Google IF to better see the health benefits. It take 8 hours to digest a meal fully after the 8 hour is over your body then turns your fat stores to fulfill its calorie need for things like regular function. It helps your blood sugar levels and you feel fuller quicker because of it. You still eat the same calories you normally nees but give your body a good break from having to constantly digest meals.

No...