5:2 Plan, here we go!

Options
c4txangel
c4txangel Posts: 2 Member
edited July 2017 in Introduce Yourself
I went from being an avid vegetarian/health nut, working out daily, to well... quite the opposite. I got pregnant in Feb 2015 and was put on bed rest for most of my pregnancy. I craved meat like a T-Rex and couldn't work out, so needless to say, my healthy lifestyle fell by the wayside. I was sick to my stomach for all 8.5 months of being pregnant (my son was a little early) and then put on extended rest after I had him. He is now about to turn 2, and while I technically only weigh 5 lbs more than when I got pregnant with him, I am SO out of shape and flabby, and just unhealthy. SO!!! Here I am, jumping back on the health nut train with both feet.

Time to get healthy again!

I am not going back to vegetarianism, quite yet, but eventually I think I will. I am cutting out red meat, but keeping eggs, fish, and occasional chicken in my diet. My goals are to limit my diet soda intake, which as of late has been like 4-6 sodas a day. I plan to drink 120oz water + replace soda with green teas. No more processed foods! And... work out at least 4 days a week. That's going to be the hard one because my son hates for me to work out. He tries to climb on me during yoga, grab onto my legs during Insanity, lol... but I'm going to figure this out...

Any mom's out there have any advice for working out with a toddler at your feet?!!!

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Get up early in the morning before everyone and just make it part of your daily routine. I get up at 5am so I'm guaranteed my "me time". If you are looking to lose then diet is key. Exercise is great for a variety of reasons, but if it doesn't fit your life right now then so be it. It took until my kids were 5y/o for me to figure this out. Best of luck!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Here are a couple 5:2 groups........

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100058-5-2-fasting

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/8628-5-2-diet

I couldn't make the two 500 calorie days work, but zig-zag my calories so that I can eat maintenance on the weekends (my downfall).
  • dethrock88
    dethrock88 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I do the 52 diet and it does work if you stick to it and don't go crazy on the non fast days. Right now I do two 600 calorie days and now trying a keto like diet on the other days, you have to find the foods on the off days that work for you.