Gained it all Back :(

Options
2»

Replies

• dillydaisys
    dillydaisys Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    2014 I was in the best shape of my life and felt really good about myself. I was a bit to confident with my health. I swapped jobs from a really active job to something that was not physical at all at the end of 2015. I put on quite a lot. I'm embarrassed how out of hand it is but I'm so determined and dedicated to get back in shape and healthy.
  • Rubysue17
    Rubysue17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    None of you have mentioned your age, but by your pics, you all look fairly young. You think it's hard now? HA! wait till you hit 50 or 60! I hate to be "Debbie Downer" but its right around the corner! Even from the age of 60 to 68, which I am now, what a difference! I was in much better shape at 60, but over those eight years I gained about 60 or 70 pounds and don't have near the strength I did. So this past January I couldn't stand the way I felt anymore and my mind set changed and I decided to do something about it. I am very close (within a couple pounds) of the first 50 pound goal and then it's off to "one-derland"! only 30 pounds away! Yes, kids, housework, work blah blah and blah is all stressful, but it needs to be done. BUT its just an excuse. YOU have to take care of you, no one else will. Ask for a little help from those around you. Where there's a will, there's a way. Good luck.
  • StarLady82
    StarLady82 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Same here. Weighed myself this morning and was devastated to see I'm 9lbs away from being back to my all time heaviest. So annoyed with myself that after all that hard work losing weight it's almost all been put back on... but no point being negative, it is what it is, and now today is my first day of my new weight loss journey and I'm feeling positive. I've used MFP in the past and a Fitbit too, there's been so much bad press lately about fitness trackers and diet apps but these have really helped me in the past, they open your eyes for sure. Good luck to everyone on their weight loss journey and feel free to friend me :)
  • waltzingmom
    waltzingmom Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi. You said "all I need is motivation." Hmm. I said the exact same thing to myself after gaining back 29.5 pounds of the 45 pounds that I lost (slowly) a few years, ago. But the motivation wasn't happening. Finally, I realized that I need to work at getting healthy withOUT any motivation. Just like I do my job, or anything else that I need to do, even if I don't feel motivated. This is my health! So far, so good. 4 and a half pounds off. "Only" 25 to go to get back to my healthy, feel good, clothes fit nicely weight. I'd love to hear others' comments to this idea - losing weight without motivation!!
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    It happens to a lot of people. Even me. I lost 50lbs back in 2011. I was running, eating really good and felt awesome at 145. Today I weigh in at 162 and don't really feel that great. But it's hard to keep up a lifestyle that you don't always like. And it's easy to fall back into bad habits, even when you think they are behind you. They have a tendancy of sneaking back.

For me, it's mental. Doing the work isn't hard when my head is in the game. It's actually pretty easy. But you let your guard down for a week or so, things can go terrible wrong.

My advice. Get past it and get back in the game. You know what to do. You just have to do it...
  • goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    @millea84 The best part of exercising and eating right is not the weight loss, but the way it makes us FEEL! Not to mention the health benefits you talk about. You can do this! Do it for you!!

@dillydaisys I hear you. I was the person who was fit and it shape. Everyone talked about it. Now nobody says crap (well not to my face). Thank goodness I brought it up to my family. I told them I'm overweight again and need to lose. They probably feel a load off. My nail lady told me once that I was getting big. Lol That was 2 months ago. I still looked the other way since then. Its time to turn it around!

@Rubysue17 I am 37 now. My mid section has never been this bloated. I thought it might be my age but that's an excuse in my eyes. No excuses as far as I'm concerned! In fact, my 66 year old Mother is very careful with her portions and does hardly any exercise. She has been smaller than me since I can remember including right now. She is responsible with her intake and it works. Even at her age.

@StarLady82 I'm 9Lbs form my heaviest too!! I need to get back over the single digits of weight loss. I'm not giving myself crazy expectations. 15 Lbs by Xmas and another 5 by March. 20 Lbs in 8 months is not impossible. We go this!

@waltzingmom I think I lose that motivation because part of the time I'm bored at my desk job. Boredom drives me crazy and actually makes me tired. Oddly enough when I'm busier, I am more motivated. What is it?!! I can try and talk to my employer about possibly adding work perhaps.

@jbirdy76 Makes perfect sense! I was like a train full speed ahead with motivation when I was in great shape. I think it was the remnants of the exercise and weight training like they say. I was still exerting energy even though I wasn't actually training. I had runners high as well. The feeling is like nothing we can get anywhere.

@kristen8000 It is no doubt mental. Some people are better equipped mentally than others. My buddy is paralyzed and can't walk. It's been 12 years since his accident and he's been severely depressed. He has changed his mindset so much in the last 6 months. It is amazing to watch. He's all of a sudden more positive and just this past weekend he got in our pool for the first time in 12 years! I told myself, if he can do it, Why the heck can't I??
  • ashleydftns
    ashleydftns Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 250. I got down to 179 a few years ago but I've gained all that weight back. But I also was basically starving myself, eating less than 800 calories and exercising twice a day until I burned a thousand calories each time. I ain't got time nor the energy for that anymore. Right now I'm 230. I have boughts of depression where I just feel everything is hopeless and there's no point to me working out. It's so hard for me to find motivation. I would like to get to 170 but I feel like it's gonna such a goal to reach.
  • sunabove
    sunabove Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm one too....lost 11kg and put it all back on. I am 5'1 and weight seems to all go round middle
  • goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    @ashleydftns Don't get so down on yourself!! We overthink too much sometimes. Believe me, I am all the way up to where I was before. I look terrible and feel terrible in my skin. However, I know what to do to fix it. It isn't that hard to do. It's just calories in vs out. What worked for me in the past was logging my meals and never skipping breakfast. This time around I am going to try and do morning workouts as well. The only reason I work out is to gain extra calories and also strengthen my endurance. I don't want to be fatigued and depressed. Exercise really helps with that! And it's free!

@sunabove This time around my mid section really got most of it. This hasn't been the case in the past. I am horrified! The only thing I can do is not give up! We can do this!
  • sunabove
    sunabove Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    No don't give up.....I'm determined. I've hung my fab top on the wall and are determined to fit into it on my bday