Lucky #13 - CLOSED GROUP

Options

Replies

• justnname
    justnname Posts: 162
    Options
    I Found Hungry Girl a few weeks ago.. The Eggs in a mug is awesome.

I use to bake.. the goodies just never made to the plate.. So I don't do it anymore. WW ice cream bar or Skinny cow are my treats..
  • bearsfan2334
    bearsfan2334 Posts: 137
    Options
    Oh yes - eggs in a mug is an old weight watcher trick if it's the one I'm thinking of! I see you are being just as productive as me at work still, bahahaha. Love life.

BTW- Jenn: you are amazing and very inspring to me! I am so glad you are a part of this group. You HAVE to let me know which recipes you try on that site. There are so many good ones, I haven't made many! :bigsmile:
  • workingmumof4
    Options
    Happy Wednesday lovely ladies #13

I have made a few dishes but not worked out the calories per portion yet. When I do I will post I promise. I am having a little difficulty with some great recipes as living in the uk I can not get some of the ingredients.

I do love cooking but working full time and running around after 4 kids well 5 including the husband means I don't get much time.

Great being part of the group and all of you lovely ladies are keeping me motivated.

I am in panic mode at the moment, I head for France on the 5th of August for 2 weeks and there is no internet connection where we are staying!! how will I cope. I am not sure if you are all aware or not but Steff #13 is my eldest daughter and she has already said we are packing the scales. Don't think we have disappeared if we are not online we will be thinking of you all and trying to post when we can.

Hope everyone is having a good week

Dianne x
  • StephanieDJL
    StephanieDJL Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Great going with the EG, Jennifer! I adore that little poem too, mind if I put it on my MFP blog to act as a reminder?

Well I rarely cook (recipes from scratch that is!) so some inspirational quotes it is! Hope everyone is having a great week :)

"Your biggest challenge isn't someone else. It's the ache in your lungs and the burning in your legs, and the voice inside you that yells 'can't', but you don't listen. You just push harder and then you hear the voice whisper 'can'. And you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the one you really are."

"I'm not losing weight, I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again."

"Without struggle, there is no progress."

I'm not sure who these quotes are off as they're all from my Tumblr!

Lastly, "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'." - Audrey Hepburn x
  • april41981
    april41981 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!!
    I am feeling about 90% better today and working my way to being back on track. Being sick always throws me off.
    Tiffany (bearsfan2334) has been an absolute angel and godsend for me the last two days. She kept me motivated, willing and helped me not to quit. Thank you so much!
    The poem that autiemommy posted is perfect! I'm going to print that out and post it in different places. I gained a bit of weight this week and have had a very tremendous struggle with wanting to quit. Thank you for sharing!
    I hope you all are having a fabulous week!
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hello lucky 13 group. Today has been a bit hectic and I am about to run out the door again. This time to take the dog to get a hair cut. I just want you all to know how grateful I am to this group and MFP in general. Such a fantastic source of motivation and support.

Quitters never win and winners never quit. I adopted that phrase from a silly kids show I used to watch called "kids from c.a.p.e.r." I am pretty sure I am the only one who ever watched it, hense it was cancelled. But I have encouraged myself many times with those words.

NSV: well finally I have hit the amount of pounds off where people are starting to comment. It makes me feel great. Getting ever so closer to losing that 100 pounds. later I will worry about the surplus. lol

I have not made the BBQ Meat Loaf yet but when i do I will let you know if it is worth trying. I wish you all lots of success

Also if I can make a suggestion to anyone who might be interested, I have been following the Beck's Diet Solution Workbook. I am on day 23 now and it is helping me to change the way I think. check it out on amazon. It just might be helpful to you too.

Best wishes
  • IamJustSanie
    IamJustSanie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Almost at my goal! I had a great week as far as excerise, but I WANT SOME ICE CREAM!!!!! If I make it to the gym on Saturday that will be me treat. Some breyers cookies and cream! Hope you guys had a awesome week!
  • elambabe
    elambabe Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi everyone, sorry that I haven't checked in since Sunday, but I am happy to read about all of your successes thus far. I have been really busy with my upcoming finals in school. I am going to join the gym today after work which was my goal for the week. I also found this really cool app on my android to remind me to drink water throughout the day and have been getting all of my water for the week. It even applauds when you ready your goal of water for the day. Gotta love being applauded. I applaud all of you for the way that you inspire me to try harder and work on this. Lucky#13 ROCKS! Good luck on the scale tomorrow everyone.
  • bearsfan2334
    Options
    NSV today: Every Thursday, they order in food at work. I usually order but I held back. Today - they ordered Pizza Hut <<<---my favorite! I am a sucker for pizza any day/time/second/minute. I ate a big breakfast (packed with protein) and when I told my boyfriend last night (he is just the sweetest I tell ya) he was like "well, that's just mean!" So this morning, he asked me on a lunch date to Subway :) Supportive "spouses" make all the difference!

Anyone else have any NSV's?? Do share. I love reading about all of you.
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    hi all.

So sorry i missed yesterdays check in... i just caught up reading all my posts. Not a weight related Victory but one none the less. I finally got everything in order to file for my non profit. MFP not only gave me the weightloss motivation but to get back in the game. My daughter is one of a few hundred children that need surgery yearly due to thoracic insufficiency, So I am setting up a foundation in hope of getting other families gas cards and such as my daughter will be leaving the program in a few years after she finishes growing.

Recipe Twist on a oldie but goodie: Chicken Tacos
    I use chicken tenders. I cheat and use a cooking scissor to cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Use a splash of evoo or spray into the pan, and cook the chicken. Half way through cooking I add a little bit of Franks red hot sauce to give it a kick. Then once the chicken is fully cooked I add the taco seasoning ( 2 tsb or whatever gets you good flavor) and let simmer in a separate pan i cook up some bell peppers green, red and yellow with onions and fresh mushrooms if on hand. Then combine them into the chicken pan to finish cooking. add taco cheese and cover (heat off) just to melt the cheese. While the cheese is melting prep lettuce and cut tomatoes. Use one whole leaf of lettuce. Put chicken in the center leaf add tomatoes, then a little taco sauce. well as much as you would like and wrap it tightly then repeat for as many as you need to make. It saves about 200 calories, 200mg of sodium and 20 grams of carbs.

Yummy!
  • justnname
    Options
    NSV today: Every Thursday, they order in food at work. I usually order but I held back. Today - they ordered Pizza Hut <<<---my favorite! I am a sucker for pizza any day/time/second/minute. I ate a big breakfast (packed with protein) and when I told my boyfriend last night (he is just the sweetest I tell ya) he was like "well, that's just mean!" So this morning, he asked me on a lunch date to Subway :) Supportive "spouses" make all the difference!

Anyone else have any NSV's?? Do share. I love reading about all of you.

AW.. There are still some good men out there..
  • autiemommy
    autiemommy Posts: 238
    Options
    Happy Friday my lovely 13's.

Well as far as weight i have lost 2 lbs this week and it so happened that this is also the day i measure. Im loving the measuring tape more then the scale.. I also have lost about 4.5 inches total in 3 weeks. SO yay. I made my goal..

And completed my energy goal for this week!!!!!

I cant wait to read how everyone else did..

Just remember " Focus on how far youve come not how far you have to go"
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    This week has been super stressful and filled with anxiety. I reverted to my old self and once again let my emotions ruled my life and eating. I know that there are several internal issues going on with me that I need to talk to someone on a professional level and the sooner I do the sooner I can deal with all the demons that won't leave me alone.

So, unfortunately, this week I am weighing in at 210 lbs. I've gained 2 lbs since last friday. I was down to 206 Monday but I since gone back up. I'm thoroughly disappointed in myself because through this week, it was like I was having an out of body experience and I could see myself doing everything that I wasn't supposed to be doing and not doing what I was supposed be doing. I did no exercise this week and I did not track my food expeditiously like I normally do.

I have a lot on my plate right now and sometimes feel like I'm drowning in all it.

Sorry lovely ladies. I feel like not only did I let myself down but you, too. :frown: :brokenheart:

Mirna #13
  • autiemommy
    autiemommy Posts: 238
    Options
    This week has been super stressful and filled with anxiety. I reverted to my old self and once again let my emotions ruled my life and eating. I know that there are several internal issues going on with me that I need to talk to someone on a professional level and the sooner I do the sooner I can deal with all the demons that won't leave me alone.

So, unfortunately, this week I am weighing in at 210 lbs. I've gained 2 lbs since last friday. I was down to 206 Monday but I since gone back up. I'm thoroughly disappointed in myself because through this week, it was like I was having an out of body experience and I could see myself doing everything that I wasn't supposed to be doing and not doing what I was supposed be doing. I did no exercise this week and I did not track my food expeditiously like I normally do.

I have a lot on my plate right now and sometimes feel like I'm drowning in all it.

Sorry lovely ladies. I feel like not only did I let myself down but you, too. :frown: :brokenheart:

Mirna #13

No frowns. We all have weeks like that. You havent let me down at all. Im proud that you posted this.the first step is to ask for help, and your on the right track .Im no professional. But alas I am here to listen if you just need to vent rant cry scream or just chat. I know all to well how you feel my week has been very stressful as well, i turned the stress, hurt, and anger into workouts. You will get there it just takes time hugs
  • elambabe
    elambabe Posts: 28
    Options
    Good morning #13 ... just checking in. This morning I weighed in at 243 pounds. Only a slight improvement, but every bit helps, right? Thank you all for remembering to post. I am glad to read about each of your experiences.

Jess

• bearsfan2334
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone:

*NOTE* If you weigh in, will you PLEASE record it here as well. I can go through my "newsfeed" but I have some new friends and it is very easy to miss someone that way. It will just make it easier and less time consuming to track on the spreadsheet. Thanks! :flowerforyou:

I weighed in at 283.5 - lost 3.5 lbs. I am purchasing a new scale this week so when it comes in, I will let you know if my weight fluctuates at all. I also measured myself the other day and have heard it is a great thing to do. My friend who is a trainer said to do it every 4-6 weeks to see how many inches you are losing. He said 3 weeks is alright but every week is too close together and it deters motivation and confidence. I am thinking about buying 4 more measuring tapes (5 total for Hips, thigh, arm, tummy and bust). I am going to mark them with a Sharpie marker so I know exactly how much I lost and can see it! I'm still thinking about it, let me know what you lovely ladies think!

I am so excited that everyone is already confiding in one another. I see it on your wall posts and think we are really creating a great group and confidants in each other. It makes me so happy to cheer you all on, it is the first and last routine of my day! With that said, I am also going to cheer you on when you are down and tell you to get your butt to the gym. I hope you all respect this and do the same for me. Much love :heart:
  • justnname
    Options
    Good Morning Lucky #13

4.5 lb I tried to sweat out the half lb at this morning beating. It just didn't work.. After a no loss last week, I had to have a good week.

Had a great NSV this morning.. I hurt my calf about 3 weeks ago.. It has been a lingering injury.. So, I haven't been able to use the treadmill or stairmaster or do step ups. I know what a bummer.. LMAO

Wednesday I still couldnt do the step ups without aggrevating my calf.. Well this morning..I did it with NO PAIN.. WooHoo.. Not that I love step ups.. I hate them.

Other positive note.. I have burn 4500 of my 5000 goal and I am almost done with EG goal of a new playlist..

@Mirna... Do not beat yourself up. This is a journey.. There will be ups and downs. Therapy helped me. I had all the negative voices, the why bother i'm not worthy thought process. It took sometime.. But now I know..It not all or nothing; I am worthy, 99.9% Postive thoughts

Most important Do not give up. You can do it!
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Lucky #13

4@Mirna... Do not beat yourself up. This is a journey.. There will be ups and downs. Therapy helped me. I had all the negative voices, the why bother i'm not worthy thought process. It took sometime.. But now I know..It not all or nothing; I am worthy, 99.9% Postive thoughts

Most important Do not give up. You can do it!

Thank you for your support. It really means a lot. I go through down periods every once in a blue moon.
  • april41981
    april41981 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!
    I'm starting to think that I may be the last one to reply to everything because I'm at the end of all the time zones. :)
    I weighed-in this morning and was pleasantly surprised to see that I went from 368.8 to 368.7! LOL! This week was rough, so at least I didn't gain!!
    I am so proud of everyone for their losses this week! And @Mirna, don't get down on yourself. I know exactly what you mean by needing to talk with someone. We are all here if you need to vent!
    I feel so privileged to have found this group. You all inspire me and keep me going. Thanks #13!!!
  • bearsfan2334
    Options
    th_IMG_20110727_205608.jpg

Hi - me again - weird :noway: :laugh:

I wanted to share with everyone that I completed my Energy Goal for the week. I always get such a rush from shopping trips like these. I know it sounds weird - but for real, I do!!

Since the picture is small I will tell you what I got! :blushing:
    - Paper Towels (clearly) :tongue:
    - 4 boxes of kleenex
    - 2 jars of peanut butter (also notice that it is reduced fat even!!)
    - 10 toothbrushes
    - 2 tooth paste tubes
    - 3 jars of shave gel
    - bottle of lotion

All of this was --- $19.95 (with tax: 7% here) so about .87 per item. I donated most of the toothbrushes yesterday with a few other things I had sitting around but my stockpile (small - not like you see on that stupid show on TLC) was dwindling so I will keep the rest! I saved around $60. YAY for MORE energy :bigsmile: :bigsmile: