Help

Options
13»

Replies

• Ty_Floyd
    Ty_Floyd Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »

If you want to get into shape, under eating wont help you. Your body can only metabolize so much stored body fat in a day. After that, it will take lean muscle mass.

Actually it's quite a lot: 31 calories per pound per day. So, for example, someone who has 50 pounds of fat on them can get over 1500 calories of energy from their own fat before losing any muscle.

• Senrak66
    Senrak66 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    if you not hungry don't eat unless you trying to get weight. do you workout???? have you try keto diet and intermite fasting??
  • connorbambam98
    connorbambam98 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Senrak66 wrote: »
    if you not hungry don't eat unless you trying to get weight. do you workout???? have you try keto diet and intermite fasting??

I've started lifting a little bit here and there at home but nothing worth talking about yet but thanks
  • connorbambam98
    connorbambam98 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    Sure, overeating on sausage rolls and crisps is unhealthy.

Undereating is equally unhealthy.

You are all about extremes, and you're talking as if the only choice you have is between extreme overeating and extreme undereating. The only way you will lose weight is if you learn to eat in moderation. If you are really serious about losing weight, you need to face up to that challenge.

Yes I know but eating my 3 meals a day feels me up I don't feel hungry to eat much more but before I used to just eat junk so I'm doing alot better than I was but what am I suppose to eat if I'm not hungry and need extra?

Add calorie-dense foods that you enjoy. I don't know your tastes, but when I need calories I will add chocolate, nuts/nut butter, avocado, coconut, full-fat salad dressings, wine/beer, pasta, or potatoes.

I'm trying not to eat bad but I suppose a pack of crisps or something won't hurt if it puts my calarioes up will it? If I've eaten clean all day I don't know how it works lol

You don't have to "eat clean" to lose weight, you just have to be in a calorie deficit. Assuming you are in a deficit, you will still lose weight even if you have crisps.

Oh okay sorry I'm so new to this and it frustrates me as I really want to get into shape and I really struggle knowing how and I over think so much and it ruins it for me

If you want to get into shape, under eating wont help you. Your body can only metabolize so much stored body fat in a day. After that, it will take lean muscle mass. Too much of a deficit over time will result in a great deal of muscle mass loss. Isn't that the opposite of what you want?

Cut yourself some slack! Read the stickies at the top of the forum. Give yourself some crisps as they fit into your calorie goal. And realize you're going to screw up some days. We all have. It's not a big deal in the long run. The big deal is that you keep going!

Yeah I don't want that I just want to lose the little bit I got on my stomach, thank you
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    These forums are an immense database of knowledge if you really want to get the information you need on how best to go about this. You only have some on your belly, so that sounds as if your focus should be more towards strength training than losing weight... I don't think anyone has asked this yet but how much weight do you want to lose and what is your current height and weight?

The thing is, it is better to think lifestyle change rather than diet and to learn how eat in a way you can sustain for life. If you like sausage rolls, then buy individual ones until you can learn to not eat a whole pack. You don't have to eat 'clean' to lose weight, you just have to eat a little below your maintenance calories and ensure you are getting enough healthy protein and fat.

Do you like porridge/oatmeal ? Places like Sainsburys and Asda do these high protein pots of oatmeal in various flavours like chocolate and apple/cinnamon. They are nice as snacks or for breakfast.

You could hard boil some eggs and stick them in the fridge in their shells. Just grab one when you can fit in a snack.

Nuts and seeds are great.
    Add avocado to meals, that has healthy fats and lots of nutrients.

As others have said, swap out low fat dairy for full fat...fat is not bad for you if it comes from those kinds of sources. Asda and Sainsburys do brand of full fat Greek Yoghurt called Skyre that is good. Other stores will have their own versions.

There are also things like belvita breakfast biscuits that have added vitamins and can work as a snack. Dark chocolate (at least 75% cocoa) is also a good way to up your calories without getting full.

Alternatively just allow yourself an extra 200/250 calories per day for the less healthy foods that you really like.