Calorie Deficit and still not losing weight

Options
Ive been on the keto diet for 7 months. Ive lost about 45 pounds on keto and IF. Ive been doing OMAD keto for a couple months and i was working out fine... I have stalled at 260 for a month, I bought a fitbit to help break through the stall, and according to the fitbit, i burn around 3.5k calories a day.. i eat around 1.8k calories so even if the fitbit exaggerated the numbers, i should still be at a deficit..

According to the calculators ive used even eating 2.1k cals i should be losing weight...

I strength train 5 days a week, and not lazily.. after every strength training session i do 45 mins on a treadmill, max incline at a speed that keeps my heartrate at 120-130 so im in the "fat burning zone"

On saturdays and sometimes sundays i go for hour long walks just so its not a complete rest day...

My macros are always on point for keto..

I dont understand why im not losing weight.. its really frustrating and depressing..

Does anyone have any advice? Is it stupid to think that maybe im not eating enough? Should i cut more calories?

Replies

• corazombie
    corazombie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Cut some calories. :+1:
    How are you keeping track of them? Do you weigh your food on a kitchen scale so you know exactly how much you are eating/

Yeah i got really strict on tracking the last 3 weeks, weighed everything... i was eating between 1.4k and 1.8k cals
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    How precise is your logging? Are you weighing your food?

As you get lighter, your logging will need to get more accurate. There's less room for approximation. You may need to weigh your portions at least for a while to make sure you're not suffering from portion creep.
  • corazombie
    Options
    How precise is your logging? Are you weighing your food?

As you get lighter, your logging will need to get more accurate. There's less room for approximation. You may need to weigh your portions at least for a while to make sure you're not suffering from portion creep.

My logging has been as precise as mfp is... even if ive been off, it cant be by more than 100 cals... i dont know how i could be more precise
  • preshalin
    preshalin Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    MPF is just a guideline. A very good one but a guideline none the less.

Everyones calorie intake different. Try cutting your calories a little more but make sure you are getting enough protein.

If that doesn't work try building up to maintenance for a week and then eating at maintenance for a week. Then drop your calories again (This works for me/and some other people).

Hope you figure it out.
  • corazombie
    Options
    preshalin wrote: »
    MPF is just a guideline. A very good one but a guideline none the less.

Everyones calorie intake different. Try cutting your calories a little more but make sure you are getting enough protein.

If that doesn't work try building up to maintenance for a week and then eating at maintenance for a week. Then drop your calories again (This works for me/and some other people).

Hope you figure it out.

Thank you. :)
  • noirelb
    noirelb Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    1) I think he is fasting, he only has one HUGE meal per day
    2) Ounces are just as precise as grams. You are thinking of liquid ounces like measuring cups. My mother's food scale (super expensive and she is a cook) can weight food per ounce or gram. 1 ounce is 28grams when it comes to solid foods. (not saying the OP actually knows this or doe it right)
    3) OP...literally ALL weekends aren't logged as previous per son said. Are you potentially eating 3000+ calories on both days?
    4) Have you considered having 3 meals and not fasting to see if your weight changes?
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

He needs to fix the fact that he's logging incorrectly rather than just using grams as a workaround :)
  • noirelb
    noirelb Posts: 216 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

He needs to fix the fact that he's logging incorrectly rather than just using grams as a workaround :)

Yes! I've once lost 85lbs using only ounces... but I logged correctly.
  • Rillablue
    Rillablue Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just got here.....yesterday... and I know nothing! :) I am just getting into Keto and intermittent fasting....I will be sure to log grams :) My question to Corazombie is ...are you eating enough good fats?