Short girls!

Options
Hello everyone! I'm glad to be back on MFP after slacking for a few years.

I'm a 31 yo female, 5'3". My starting weight was 160 and my initial goal is 135. As my fellow short ladies know, 1 pound on our bodies looks a lot different than it does on tall people! I'm looking to be pals with other ladies who have similar stats to motivate and inspire each other.

I'd love to hear your stories and share in celebrating your progress!

Replies

• ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Hi :smile: I am 5"1 weighing in at 129, aiming to lose 10lbs. You're so right about us not carrying weight very well, I have a very petite frame so really can't afford all this body fat :neutral:
  • shelbydapice
    shelbydapice Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Short girl here!
  • PetitClapotis
    PetitClapotis Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and naturally have a petite frame. I have a slower metabolism and am prone to be skinny fat due to years of "binging-restricting " cycle. My upper body looks normal but my thighs, butt and lower abs are disaster
  • lioux93
    lioux93 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5"3, also at my heaviest. My goal is to feel good, cut the crap, and feel confident again! Please feel free to add
  • deebgee
    deebgee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We have very similar stats and goals! I'm 30 yrs old, 5'2 and weigh 160lbs. GW is 130 UGW is 115! What form of diet and exercise are you considering or currently doing?
  • Hailsbail93
    Hailsbail93 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    24 and 4'11
    Started about a week ago weighing in at 145, really hoping to lose about 15-20lbs.
    Add me!
  • MimiLaza
    MimiLaza Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    5'3 trying to get back to 140lbs after my pregnancy in October
  • MommaDeQuatre
    MommaDeQuatre Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm on the cusp being 5'4" but after 4 kids and having no torso 150 is rather bulky looking
  • NewYorkSubway
    NewYorkSubway Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm 5'2" and about 160lbs as well (I'm from New Zealand so am not very used to imperial measurements!). Hoping to lose 10kg (about 22 pounds?) to start with and then start working on building muscle. Trying not to focus on the scale, but rather how my body is changing in shape! :)
  • nelja
    nelja Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hi, 1,53m. And 56kg. Sorry metric here in Namibia.Want to loose 5 kg
  • NinaRibena0x
    NinaRibena0x Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm 24, 5'3 roughly and I'm 67kg at the moment. I was 58kg a few years ago and I'd love to get back to that. Just rejoined here yesterday wanting to be more serious about my fitness. Feel free to add me I could definitely use some help and friendship
  • NelliR86
    NelliR86 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow short people!! I'm 30 and I'm 4'10 looking to lose 20 pounds. I don't like that extra weight shows so much but it's motivation for me to lose it. Feel free to add me I like meeting new people!
  • janinatab96
    janinatab96 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    5"2 here and currently about 126lbs! Mostly focused on getting stronger, toning my muscles and being able to run 5k.

In terms of weight, I hope to get back to my pre-university weight of 110lbs haha.

Please add me!!!! We can do this together :blush: