Laziness

Options
I love to sit/lay around and read. I love it even more if I'm eating popcorn/chips/cheese/crackers or drinking wine.

I am not inclined to get up and exercise. I DO get up and exercise (just about every day), but that's not my inclination.

Anyone else out there enjoy laziness?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yes, and then I realised I also loved running so they kind of balance eachother out
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I keep intending to enjoy walking/running/exercising more than being lazy, but to no avail.
    Hiking and skiing are the exceptions for me, but that's about it.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Yes, and then I realised I also loved running so they kind of balance eachother out

This. Ying and yang. The exercise makes the laziness so much more satisfying.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I enjoy laziness and hanging out on my patio with a cold beer and a cigar while I grill up some burgers...I also enjoy cycling and rock climbing quite a bit. I get the best of both worlds...
  • RamboKitty87
    RamboKitty87 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I read whilst I use my exercise bike, it's the only time except at night in bed that I let myself read my books that way I am more likely to keep reading, I use an app on my mobile called Wattpad so many good stories on there to keep myself entertained and exercise :)
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    As a member of the Church of the SubGenius, I "Seek Slack" every day! I wake up with the goal to extend the least amount of effort possible in every thing I do. SubGenius members seek to acquire "Slack" and I believe that "Slack" will allow me access to a free, comfortable life (without hard work or responsibility) to which I am entitled. ”Kittens” and the avoidance of work are the two key ways I gain "Slack". "Slack" is the ability to effortlessly achieve my goals. No walking or running for me...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Sunna_W wrote: »
    As a member of the Church of the SubGenius, I "Seek Slack" every day! I wake up with the goal to extend the least amount of effort possible in every thing I do. SubGenius members seek to acquire "Slack" and I believe that "Slack" will allow me access to a free, comfortable life (without hard work or responsibility) to which I am entitled. ”Kittens” and the avoidance of work are the two key ways I gain "Slack". "Slack" is the ability to effortlessly achieve my goals. No walking or running for me...

I read that twice and I still don't have the slightest clue...
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Left to my own devices I would not exercise. I love nothing more than lying on the couch reading or watching a film while stuffing my face with yummy food.

I have been very fat and very lazy in the past, now I am somewhat fat and somewhat lazy.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    yep i love being lazy, and i love being lazy without any guilt because i work so hard in the gym .
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    7elizamae wrote: »

Not I. Cabin fever won't let me enjoy it. Right now there air is so smokey I can't see downtown from a mile and a half away, so I'm going through some forced laziness. Have a perfectly good bike hanging up on the wall, too. :disappointed:
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,694 Member
    Options
    I mix the two. I love running, hiking, biking, etc. When I'm not doing that, I love sitting in a comfortable chair with a good book and listening to music. There's time for both. (Obviously, I have no kids.)
  • 1Wildthang
    1Wildthang Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    If we weren't lazy or bored we wouldn't be on these chat things. It's nature to feel s little lazy from time to time.
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I get lazy sometimes. But since quitting alcohol (even the moderate amounts I was drinking) I've gotten way less lazy. But yeah, entire years go by that I don't see the inside of my gym shoes...
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Sunna_W wrote: »

I read that twice and I still don't have the slightest clue...

I'm with you.

http://subgenius.wikia.com/wiki/Slack
  • 7elizamae
    Options

Not I. Cabin fever won't let me enjoy it. Right now there air is so smokey I can't see downtown from a mile and a half away, so I'm going through some forced laziness. Have a perfectly good bike hanging up on the wall, too. :disappointed:

Sounds like we're in the same city. I cancelled my hiking plan because of all the smoke. Wound up sneezing a lot on my in-city walk today instead.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I love to sit/lay around and read. I love it even more if I'm eating popcorn/chips/cheese/crackers or drinking wine.

I am not inclined to get up and exercise. I DO get up and exercise (just about every day), but that's not my inclination.

Of course. Loads of people on here feel that way. That's how the body achieves and maintains a high body weight. When people go on about "I have a low metabolism", that's what's really going on - their body wants to conserve energy, so it makes then disinclined to move. I'm afraid it's part and parcel of being someone who puts on weight. To keep weight off, I reckon I'll always have to fight that lazy impulse.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I honestly can't stand it anymore. Even now, when I am cutting hard and SHOULD be keeping my activity low, I just have issues with being idle now. I tried playing some of my favorite PC games this cut, just to keep my mind occupied, but I ended up switching to my Vita, because I can walk around while playing it.
  • 7elizamae
    Options
    I honestly can't stand it anymore. Even now, when I am cutting hard and SHOULD be keeping my activity low, I just have issues with being idle now. I tried playing some of my favorite PC games this cut, just to keep my mind occupied, but I ended up switching to my Vita, because I can walk around while playing it.

I have a dear friend like you -- she HATES sitting around. We joke about how different we are. It's not that I dislike being outside and being active, but I have to persuade myself to get up and out there. She has to persuade herself to rest.
  • 7elizamae
    Options

Of course. Loads of people on here feel that way. That's how the body achieves and maintains a high body weight. When people go on about "I have a low metabolism", that's what's really going on - their body wants to conserve energy, so it makes then disinclined to move. I'm afraid it's part and parcel of being someone who puts on weight. To keep weight off, I reckon I'll always have to fight that lazy impulse.

I also believe that, for me, it is a habit. I have times of day when I habitually sit around and read. Other times the habit is to sit around and read and also eat -- that's nighttime for me.

I could use more info about habits -- forming them, breaking them, why it is so hard to break them, etc.