so what was your OMG moment?? how did you end up on here?

Options
Hey everyone. I've been thinking about all the times in my life when I've thought 'i can't go on like this!!' 'i have to change this body' . My last OMG moment was before my mums birthday party in January. For the month before I had pictured in my head what I was gonna wear so I didn't buy anything new. But the night of the party when I tried on my outfit......IT WAS TOO TIGHT!!! I ended up digging some old clothes out of the loft (size 16 and years old). Felt so uncomfortable all nite :( I half hearted fad dieted from Jan to May, my birthday, but I realised I just wasn't getting anywhere. So I reopened my mfp account. And here I am 40 days later, 9lb off and feeling fitter than I have done in ages :)

So thats me....now tell me your story! I'm looking forward to hear from all of you :)

Replies

• TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Looking at pics from my son's 4th b-day party (my display pic) and then more pictures of us playing around.
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    I didn't have one...I was looking for free apps on my blackberry and saw this one.

So...my Blackberry made me lose weight. There's a marketing campaign!
  • slapshotgolf
    slapshotgolf Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    "OMG, I just hit 380 lbs"
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My OMG moment was my children putting pictures of me on facebook. I was in denial until then. I have been on here for 45 days and lost almost 10 pounds. I also have started doing the 30 day shred.
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Mine was seeing the christmas 10' pictures and july 10' birthday pictures from my daughter's first birthday. I can't believe I looked so huge! All I saw were my two oldest sisters and I couldn't stand it! Only thirty pounds lighter now I can see a huge difference in my face. I don't mind so much now to take a pic here and there. I can't wait to see what the next 30 pounds brings me!
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    OMG im out of breath putting my socks on
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    two things...

1) A divorce
    2) I was wearing 42" jeans and they were getting TIGHT!!!

Now I wear 36's and they are getting baggy! I will have to go to 34's in a month or so :) I do have a pair of shorts that are 34's and I can wear them but they are just a little tight so it wont be long!
  • miatavixxen
    miatavixxen Posts: 373
    Options
    My boss was doing "firm" pictures to use on the website - we got the pictures back and I told him there was no way in hell he was using that picture anywhere! that did it for me - down 25 lbs and loving feeling good again! Hooray for MFP and Zumba!
  • lkmisztela
    lkmisztela Posts: 23
    Options
    I stepped on a scale at my parents' house on New Year's eve, 2010. EEEEEK! 292lbs, and I'm 5'8". I felt that if I didn't do anything, I would soon be over 300lbs, and for me that was too much and scared me into doing something. I also have very vivid memories of reaching and surpassing 200lbs and doing NOTHING about it, and I felt like I couldn't let that happen again.

Now, we're at almost 8 mos later, and I've lost nearly 60lbs. :)
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I was just feeling pathetic one night. Kind of summed it up in my profile.
  • msmandyjo
    msmandyjo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My Wii fit called me OBESE... the nerve of the thing, right? I was living in complete denial... I knew I had a "few" pounds to lose, and my jeans were a little tight (or wouldn't button), but whatever, ya know? So the tight jeans got me on the wii, but a few weeks of that produced NO results, so I figured take it one step further... and here I am... Been here since the early/mid of June... Don't know an exact date, and 6lbs lighter. It's slow, but it's happening...
  • 4tolose
    4tolose Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My profile pic! Say no more :embarassed:
  • ChristiCare
    ChristiCare Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I never really had a OMG moment, I knew the weight was coming and coming. But i was driving down the road one day and it just hit me. My kids are grown and moved out or going to college, I have no reason not to get off my butt and do something. I cant blame it on not having time because i am busy with the kids. I cant blame it on eating on the run because of kids sports. It is all me now. (and always has been) but you know it is so much easier to blame it on something other than yourself.
    So that is how I ended here
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I made the decision to get us back on track - less "cheating" and more exercise - when my husband had a health scare. Turned out to be nothing, but it made me realize just how long we'd been without regular exercise and just how often we'd been ordering in or eating out and not even thinking about what we ordered. I got on here several months later because my daughter was using it and wanted to be "friends" which didn't work out because evidentally the iPhone app that she uses won't befriend the internet version I use.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Seeing 182 on the scale shortly after getting a new Droid (thank you Marketplace!!)
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I mentioned on facebook one day how I was super thirsty and felt like no matter how much water I drank I couldn't quench my thirst. I was partially kidding. It wasn't a super serious status update. Then half a dozen people told me I probably had diabetes.

The fact that that many people I knew personally *assumed* I probably had diabetes made me realize I needed to make a change.
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Not fitting into a ride at the amusement park last summer. It still took another 4 months and my son to start using MFP for me to find my way here and get started.
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I HAVE ALOT OF HEALTH ISSUES, THAT PROBABLY COULD HAVE BEEN PREVENTED IF I WOULD HAVE TAKEN CARE OF MYSELF WHEN I WAS YOUNG. MY 12 YEAR OLD GRANDSON, TOLD ME ONE DAY, IF I DIED, HE WOULD HAVE NO ONE IN HIS LIFE EVER AGAIN LIKE ME,AND HE CRIED, I STARTED TAKING BETTER CARE OF ME THEN.RED
  • mzjandiace
    mzjandiace Posts: 162
    Options
    Chest pain, and Spring Break pics with my kids...look like a big turquoise whale in a swimsuit.
  • SunshineRowe
    Options
    mine was when they told me I needed a hysterectomy and I had been working out for 4 months and scared I was going to put the few pounds I had lost on plus some..so as soon as the doc released me I kicked it into high gear, plus I had a double chip in a lot of my pictures and was thinking it was possible a bad angle, but now I know it wasn't