Things To Accomolish.. other than the # on the scale...

Options
13»

Replies

• Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    enyagoboom wrote: »
    I want to be able to do an obstacle course race :)

Same here! I'm signed up for the Tough Mudder in VA next June and i'm working slowly towards that. First thing is the C25K and then I'll be hitting the weights at the gym.

I have a lot of small goals - some are weight related but I have a lot of NSV to help push me along as well. I started writing them out last night and have listed some rewards (non-food related which is tough yo!)

Today is 28 days of logging though so I'm feeling pretty good!

Nice work, @enyagoboom !! Congratulations. I am in VA too, I'll have to check it out, but I am not sure I feel comfortable signing up yet >.<
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Run a marathon, then eventually the Dopey challenge at DisneyWorld which is a 5k, 10k, half, and full marathon over a 4 day weekend.

Already up to a half, hoping for my first marathon next fall.
  • KeepOnMovjng
    KeepOnMovjng Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've got a list of things I want to do...
    In near future I want to

get into a branded work shirt.

get back into the clothes I could fit into just under 5 years ago. - have only shoe boxes in my wardrobe rather than boxes of once worn clothes.

Be able to run a distance.

Later on take up horse riding lessons without worrying about my weight.

An even longer haul - take up swimming and get over my fear of being in a pool.
    Wear a bakini/costume with confidence (even as a child I couldn't do that).

Have a appearance I'm happy with and be in the lowest and healthiest weight range I've ever been in.

Plus prove all my doubters wrong.
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I want to feel good about what I see in the mirror. I want to be able to do inversions in yoga, which will require a great deal more strength in my core. I love yoga but am limited right now at it.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    The remaining fat on my thighs weighs the skin down, causing a "crease." One day I want to get out of the shower and just see legs, with no creases.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I want to Quiksylver.
    Hey @quiksylver296 ... You've been verbed :)
  • curvymegan89
    curvymegan89 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I want to wear an AU size 12.
    I want to be able to buy a pretty swimsuit and wear it with confidence.
    I want to be able to do a cartwheel and attempt handstands.
    I want to reach a weight where I feel I could join a dance class and keep up with the movements.
    And I'd like to weigh less than my boyfriend so he can pick me up haha.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I want to Quiksylver.
    Hey @quiksylver296 ... You've been verbed :)

Eeeee! Love it!

Made my 375 lb deadlift Saturday! Took silver in my open weight class!
  • LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    Options
    Our town does an inflatable 5k (like a giant bouncy house obstacle course for ADULTS!) once a year and I want to be able to do the course and finish it!

It just looks like so much fun!
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    LonniJay wrote: »
    Our town does an inflatable 5k (like a giant bouncy house obstacle course for ADULTS!) once a year and I want to be able to do the course and finish it!

It just looks like so much fun!

I did that last year!!! Yes, it is a blast! So much fun and because it's non competitive, there's no pressure. When I did my run there were two guys dressed in the Inflatable dinosaur costumes doing the run. Do it! I'm doing the next one in my town that's coming in March.
  • amandacalories
    amandacalories Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping as I lose weight the pain in my knee from an old sports injury will get better. I want to be able to pole dance again, it was the most fun sport I've done!