Would you have said something?

Options
Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
So my husband came back from the grocery store yesterday and told me about a scene he had just witnessed where a couple were trying to return something at the checkout counter for more than it was worth. The young female cashier was polite and tried to explain the price but also that they would have to do the return at the customer service counter. The woman in the couple starts yelling at her calling her a B and a C and says you're treating me this way because I am black (over and over) and her man says that the cashier needs to treat them like human beings, they are yelling at her very loudly and making a scene and this little girl is near tears. Finally they storm up to the customer service counter and make a scene there before leaving. Things like that blow my mind.......would you have stepped in or minded your own business? I'm not sure what I would have done, because you can't predict crazy.

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Options
    i'd have recorded it and posted it for everyone here to comment on

lol I will tell my husband to whip out his phone next time
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    People don't understand they look like complete *kitten* when they make accusations like they were and them not be true. I usually laugh at people like that and shake my head. I don't get involved because that would put me in the "look stupid" category with them. I do need to remember to take my phone out though and capture it, so all of social media can laugh along with me.
  • LeGaCyGiAnT91
    LeGaCyGiAnT91 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I've been yelled at for ridiculous things as a cashier before. It's not usually helpful for others to intervene (except a manager) even with good intentions. It is nice when the next person in line is like "don't worry you're doing a great job" or something

I did this a few months ago. It was kind of a similar situation, except the people were trying to use coupons that the store didn't accept. I was sarcastic and was "Fake Yelling" at the girl. It made her laugh (as well as my daughter made her laugh from laughing at her crazy dad)

People like this are simply trash to the world, and nothing more. Gotta love em. I feel bad for cashiers.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Nope. :/
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I've been yelled at for ridiculous things as a cashier before. It's not usually helpful for others to intervene (except a manager) even with good intentions. It is nice when the next person in line is like "don't worry you're doing a great job" or something

Yep, this. Unfortunately as a well meaning bystander you could get a cap in your *kitten* by intervening with those scumbags
  • Grimmerick
    Options

Yeah your prob right about that
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Me when a customer would remind me that 'the customer is always right'

nl558kil5i2n.gif

Also me

ndhc98g3s9pa.gif
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

nl558kil5i2n.gif

Also me

ndhc98g3s9pa.gif

Years of customer service experience has proven that this is a lie! LOL!
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

I get this serving, when people see others being *kitten* and they are like "we like you" or "theyre jerks" or something. People are good sometimes
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

nl558kil5i2n.gif

Also me

ndhc98g3s9pa.gif

I have had this happen so few times, but we had a regular who was one of those people
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

when i was working at the register at walmart before- this one lady screamed at me for like 5 mins because we didn't keep the propane tanks up by the registers

what if she was right?
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

when i was working at the register at walmart before- this one lady screamed at me for like 5 mins because we didn't keep the propane tanks up by the registers

what if she was right?

If you're yelling at someone who works for the store and has nothing to do with propane tank placement then there is something not right with you and you are sure as hell not in the right. If you get your panties twisted over propane tank placement enough to scream in someones face then you got bigger problems.....I'm talking mental ones.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Nope but I would have alerted a supervisor somewhere of an out of control customer. Been there, done that. People always looking to get something for free and they'll raise a stink trying to do it hoping they can embarrass you until you say yes.
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not my circus, not my monkeys.