• _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    i'd have recorded it and posted it for everyone here to comment on

Ha .. good idea
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't get involved unless it turned violent. I've seen how bad people can treat other people. it sad to see but I would usually just phone the cops but not if it was in the store
  • eJane13
    eJane13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Anyone else work in hotels/hospitality? This happens all the time. Its crazy!
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Nope, and I wouldn't recommend any interactions with an agitated a-*h*le, unless you are trained to do that. I'd call security and a supervisor.
  • MegBMin
    MegBMin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yeahhhh....I can't help myself. I'm going to get myself punched in the face at some point, I'm sure. The latest was a lady at Walgreens who kept yelling and calling the pharmacist, "A Chinese looking b*&ch." I put her in her place and then helped her find whatever it was she was looking for that the pharmacist couldn't help her with right that second. Because apparently I'm a benevolent vigilante. (I know. I'm currently rolling my eyes at myself too). I'm not saying it's always the right thing to do, but I just get so flummoxed by people who get so worked up by things that I deem inconsequential that I have to intervene.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    eJane13 wrote: »
    Anyone else work in hotels/hospitality? This happens all the time. Its crazy!

I used to, all through college. It was nuts.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't of approached the situation but maybe find a manager. Idk people are really self serving *kitten*
  • Eat2Brute
    Eat2Brute Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Not sure I would have done anything either besides enjoy the show and let the situation work itself out. I'd probably just have watched to make sure things don't get violent. I definitely don't want to be the kind of person that stands there, recording on my phone, like some doof.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    I would have walked right up to where it was all going on to record it up close. Probably would have been a snarky butt hole to them on top of it & said don't mind me, I'm just recording so I can show the rest of the world how *kitten* stupid you two look.
    Yep, I don't mind screwing with someone's head when they are being a jack*kitten* for no reason at all to someone that doesn't deserve it.
  • MegBMin
    MegBMin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I've been yelled at for ridiculous things as a cashier before. It's not usually helpful for others to intervene (except a manager) even with good intentions. It is nice when the next person in line is like "don't worry you're doing a great job" or something

when i was working at the register at walmart before- this one lady screamed at me for like 5 mins because we didn't keep the propane tanks up by the registers

what if she was right?

If you're yelling at someone who works for the store and has nothing to do with propane tank placement then there is something not right with you and you are sure as hell not in the right. If you get your panties twisted over propane tank placement enough to scream in someones face then you got bigger problems.....I'm talking mental ones.

No. I'm pretty sure she was completely right in screaming at him for at least five minutes.

As a Walmart cashier he should have been more vocal to the management in affecting the propane placement closer to the check-out line.

Propane is important and it's placement should be of the highest priority in any retail setting. (I can't believe that i need to explain this.)

He was screamed at for only five minutes; any reasonable person would conclude that he got off easy.

OBVIOUSLY
  • dougfer64
    dougfer64 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been on the receiving end of that scenario as a manager of a sams club a lady wanted mee to refund the money on some bar stools because she changed her style
    they were purchased three years prior----she used them for three freaking years and then was demanding a refund
    people don't shock me anymore
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    If I was the employee being screamed at, accused and being called the B and C word, I would have remained silent, impassive, locked the register and walked myself quickly right into a safe space - like the employee break room or a locked employee bathroom.

And I would have let the general manager of the store handle it. Since with all the yelling and profanity and accusations, supervisors and upper management were well aware of what was happening. Where were they I wonder?

Front line retail employees should just flat out refuse to be put in positions like this. They get paid less than a living wage anyway so why bother? If the store doesn't have a security department or an outsourced security guard(s) on the floor ready for situations like this, the employee is better off walking right out the door and quitting. Another minimum wage retail job in a safer environment with a security staff at the ready is probably waiting right around the corner.

Whenever you are dealing with people, a situation like that will happen. Regularly.
    We can't be quitting all the time because of having to deal with an unpleasant, mean or insane person. But, workplace safety is still a big issue in many places, that should addressed
  • jorgezepeda
    jorgezepeda Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think I would have made a loud remark about feeling bad for themselves... Loud enough for them to hear.. and then stood there like a nothing... I hate when people feel like they are being oppressed because they aren't getting their way.
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I've been yelled at for ridiculous things as a cashier before. It's not usually helpful for others to intervene (except a manager) even with good intentions. It is nice when the next person in line is like "don't worry you're doing a great job" or something

when i was working at the register at walmart before- this one lady screamed at me for like 5 mins because we didn't keep the propane tanks up by the registers

what if she was right?

If you're yelling at someone who works for the store and has nothing to do with propane tank placement then there is something not right with you and you are sure as hell not in the right. If you get your panties twisted over propane tank placement enough to scream in someones face then you got bigger problems.....I'm talking mental ones.

No. I'm pretty sure she was completely right in screaming at him for at least five minutes.

As a Walmart cashier he should have been more vocal to the management in affecting the propane placement closer to the check-out line.

Propane is important and it's placement should be of the highest priority in any retail setting. (I can't believe that i need to explain this.)

He was screamed at for only five minutes; any reasonable person would conclude that he got off easy.
    Is that you Hank?
    bmbd961oo4vf.jpg
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options

what if she was right?

I see what you did there ;)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    No... for myself these things are never my fight or burden to carry.

Isn't there some sort of training involved for handling irate customers, an eject button maybe? :laugh:

Be my luck I would intervene and these people are waiting outside to kick my *kitten*. I could see this happening outside Walmart or a Dollar General... Don't have time for none of that.