Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    lin7604 wrote: »
    I did.
    kimothy38 wrote: »
    Have you tried taking an anti-inflammatory? Not sure what's up with my shoulder but a couple of Voltarin really helped.

Yesterday it seemed to really help, today not at all. It's like my arms dead. Very weak, numb and the pain.... I'm going to see if I can get into quick care tomorrow night

This would indicate a real possibility of a herniated disk with a pinched nerve...probably in your C6/7 which is where mine was. I originally thought it was a shoulder issue as well, but the pain in my shoulder was actually caused by a pinched nerve in my neck/upper back and multiple trigger points. My doctor sent me into get an MRI to verify and then to a PT.

I spent about 6 weeks working with a PT and once the nerve was released, the shoulder pain went away. I still had to limit my activity for another couple of months to make sure I fully healed and kept up with my rehab work at home.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    Yes I seeked a drs help. Went Saturday. Of course told to rest it which I try to do but I self employed so taking time off jeans no $$$. I'll do my best to rest it, they did prescribe a med with a pain killer and anti inflammatory and a muscle relaxant. I've notice little improvement but nothing huge yet. He said it can go as quick as it came or several weeks. He gave me 2 weeks worth of meds... so we will see
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    lin7604 wrote: »
    I did.
    kimothy38 wrote: »
    Have you tried taking an anti-inflammatory? Not sure what's up with my shoulder but a couple of Voltarin really helped.

Yesterday it seemed to really help, today not at all. It's like my arms dead. Very weak, numb and the pain.... I'm going to see if I can get into quick care tomorrow night

This would indicate a real possibility of a herniated disk with a pinched nerve...probably in your C6/7 which is where mine was. I originally thought it was a shoulder issue as well, but the pain in my shoulder was actually caused by a pinched nerve in my neck/upper back and multiple trigger points. My doctor sent me into get an MRI to verify and then to a PT.

I spent about 6 weeks working with a PT and once the nerve was released, the shoulder pain went away. I still had to limit my activity for another couple of months to make sure I fully healed and kept up with my rehab work at home.

He did the push test on my head to see if there was any sensitivity as thought neck too but I was fine. I could turn to the right no prob but not the left and I couldn't touch my chin to my chest. He said it's more then likely all muscle issues.

I know many suggest orthro de but it's very very hard to see one here. My husband is been waiting almost a year already !
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    I'm another one that had a rotator cuff tear. I have no idea what I did to tear it, I'm guessing it happened over time. I had no one moment where I went "ouch!" it just started hurting and didn't get better. See an orthopedic surgeon and get it diagnosed. It may be something simple that just needs some rest or physical therapy. It may be a tear and that will not heal on it's own. I had surgery to repair a complete tear last Aug. I was in excruciating pain for months prior. It's a hard surgery with a long recovery, it's a year at least for full recovery, but it's been worth it as I'm not in horrible pain any longer.

It is indeed a HORRIBLE surgery and HORRIBLE recovery. I am just starting my 7th month after surgery repairing a full thickness tear. Though it's getting better, I still have days when I wonder if the surgery was worth it. Again my recommendation is to see an Ortho Dr. Don't risk an injury that could be irreparable.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Polo265 wrote: »
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    I'm another one that had a rotator cuff tear. I have no idea what I did to tear it, I'm guessing it happened over time. I had no one moment where I went "ouch!" it just started hurting and didn't get better. See an orthopedic surgeon and get it diagnosed. It may be something simple that just needs some rest or physical therapy. It may be a tear and that will not heal on it's own. I had surgery to repair a complete tear last Aug. I was in excruciating pain for months prior. It's a hard surgery with a long recovery, it's a year at least for full recovery, but it's been worth it as I'm not in horrible pain any longer.

It is indeed a HORRIBLE surgery and HORRIBLE recovery. I am just starting my 7th month after surgery repairing a full thickness tear. Though it's getting better, I still have days when I wonder if the surgery was worth it. Again my recommendation is to see an Ortho Dr. Don't risk an injury that could be irreparable.

It's a long recovery to full strength/range of motion. I had little issue with the recovery other than the time. Was doing some computer work from home as soon as I recovered from being knocked out (same day as surgery) and worked from home for a week (didn't want to drive on the interstate with arm in immobilizer). Only used a couple of the pain pills I was prescribed. Was able to sleep in my bed from the first night.

Your experience may vary.