• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Stomach bugs are pretty awful too.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    These little fellas are super cute! Look at those puppy eyes.

1200px-Kaldari_Phidippus_audax_01.jpg
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Favorite: Bees

Least favorite: Everything that's not a bee, including butterflies and lady bugs gross.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »

Haaa
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Well, spiders are technically arachnids (as are scorpions), so not sure if they qualify as bugs. Guess it depends on your definition. They are, without a doubt, my favorite. Especially jumping spiders and tarantulas.

I mean, come on.. isn't this cuuuuuute??

em5lmf2u6d1o.jpg

If you want an insect and not an arachnid, then I would have to choose this beauty. Leaf insects are super cool.

mdmym7il9w6c.jpg

Least favorite?? I dunno, maybe maggots or larvae in general? Adult forms of insects don't bother me, but there's something super creepy about maggots and certain larvae that are maggot-ish in resemblance.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Favorite: Dragonflies.
    Least favorite: House centipedes. They get huge and creep me the hell out:

3vvkb9awump2.jpg
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I love bugs. I wanted to be an entomologist but my son threatened to disown me. He fears all bugs.

I despise parasitical bugs like fleas, ticks, bed bugs, no see-ums, mosquitos, leeches.. etc.

I barely tolerate pests such as roaches and flies.

I like all other insects and arachnids but my favorites are praying mantis, ant lions, cicadas, those adorable little grey jumping spiders (they LOVE me), and the Goliath moth.
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »

Agreed. They are sooo cute!
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Well, spiders are technically arachnids (as are scorpions), so not sure if they qualify as bugs. Guess it depends on your definition. They are, without a doubt, my favorite. Especially jumping spiders and tarantulas.

I mean, come on.. isn't this cuuuuuute??

em5lmf2u6d1o.jpg

If you want an insect and not an arachnid, then I would have to choose this beauty. Leaf insects are super cool.

mdmym7il9w6c.jpg

Least favorite?? I dunno, maybe maggots or larvae in general? Adult forms of insects don't bother me, but there's something super creepy about maggots and certain larvae that are maggot-ish in resemblance.

I want to handle a tarantula so badly but not a jumping one.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I don't like spiders and snakes and that ain't what it takes to love me, you fool.
  • itsy_bitsy_spider
    itsy_bitsy_spider Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    GlassAngyl wrote: »
    I love bugs. I wanted to be an entomologist but my son threatened to disown me. He fears all bugs.

I despise parasitical bugs like fleas, ticks, bed bugs, no see-ums, mosquitos, leeches.. etc.

I like all other insects and arachnids but my favorites are praying mantis, ant lions, cicadas, those adorable little grey jumping spiders (they LOVE me), and the Goliath moth.

I love bugs too! I think they're so cool--how they look, how they move, how they function (ant colonies & such), etc. If I wasn't a teacher, I'd like to work with bugs. I once thought of getting 8 different bug tattoos...including a centipede crawling up my foot.

I agree about the fleas & ticks & that crew. I also dislike mosquitoes and also, because i love ants so much, Im not a fan of ant lions (though they get points for cunning).

I love spiders, hence my username. There are even diving spiders that can stay underwater for an hour! I think they're a fairly recent discovery...

@_har_T_Swallow I respect roaches too! Quick cute story: When I was young and excited for a challenge, I once taught in a really bad area, in a school crawling with roaches. One morning I walked in and a poster that had been hung with a buttload of masking tape, had fallen to the floor. On it, were just under 20 roaches... stuck! It made me laugh because roaches have been around forever; they are theeee most resilient little suckers... and here they were, being done in by the formidable, nefarious.. masking tape! :D Silly creatures.
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Favorite: Lightning Bugs
    Least: *kitten* Roaches. Ewwwwwwwww
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    Favorite: butterflies
    Hate with a passion: mosquitos, fleas and lice
  • itsy_bitsy_spider
    itsy_bitsy_spider Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    GlassAngyl wrote: »

I love bugs too! I think they're so cool--how they look, how they move, how they function (ant colonies & such), etc. If I wasn't a teacher, I'd like to work with bugs. I once thought of getting 8 different bug tattoos...including a centipede crawling up my foot.

I agree about the fleas & ticks & that crew. I also dislike mosquitoes and also, because i love ants so much, Im not a fan of ant lions (though they get points for cunning).

I love spiders, hence my username. There are even diving spiders that can stay underwater for an hour! I think they're a fairly recent discovery...

@_har_T_Swallow I respect roaches too! Quick cute story: When I was young and excited for a challenge, I once taught in a really bad area, in a school crawling with roaches. One morning I walked in and a poster that had been hung with a buttload of masking tape, had fallen to the floor. On it, were just under 20 roaches... stuck! It made me laugh because roaches have been around forever; they are theeee most resilient little suckers... and here they were, being done in by the formidable, nefarious.. masking tape! :D Silly creatures.

plus roaches are like the only thing i know of that can be decapitated and still live for like a week. i think in the event of nuclear war they'll be the only thing that survives to inherit the earth.

As long as they steer clear of all masking tape, that is. If they can do that, well then, yep... a world full of of Twinkie-eating roaches...
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    One time, when I was a kid, I was playing in the back yard. We had a few trees, and had been raking up the leaves as fall was well underway. My brother and I were having fun picking up the leaves with our hands and putting them into a bag.

I went down to grab another handful of leaves and I noticed a stick on my arm. I shook my arm to get it off. It didn’t come off. I looked closer, thinking there might be a thorn from it stuck in my shirt. Then I noticed parts of the stick moving. For a split second I thought it was the wind blowing. Then I realized, “hey, there is no wind.”

I tell you what, my heart began to race, I could feel my eyes getting wider, and I began to scram for my brother while trying to brush the stick from my arm. As I was trying to remove it, it seemed to be moving to the far side of my arm!

I was getting frantic! I could not get this stick off of me, and THEN I realized that it was ALIVE!

My brother comely walked over and pulled the walking stick bug off of me and just said “you’re retarded.” (I don’t mean to offend by my choice of language but it was a different time 20 or so years ago; and this is a direct quote.)

True story.