Why do I keep gaining weight???

Options
2»

Replies

• VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with going above ten pounds?

Nothing. Except some female infomercial trainers tell women that they'll get suppah bulky if they use heavy weights... Ignoring the fact that a gallon of milk weighs more than 10 lbs.

Because it's super easy to pack on 10lbs of muscle, just ask any man that lifts (complete sarcasm)....
  • dfnewcombe
    dfnewcombe Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    @steelaxitute2127 is there anyway you can work with a professional trainer? I think he or she will help you with a conditioning program that will not only get you in shape to enlist, but also prepare you better for boot camp.

That would be my suggestion. I wish you absolutely the best in your journey and I hope to read more about your successes. You've got this!
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    HarlemNY17 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm currently 170.6 pounds (according to my weigh-in this morning) and have a 36% body fat. I'm trying to get into the Army and need to either be at 147 or 32% body fat before I can start my testing. I was doing pretty well with losing about two pounds a week, but now I'm gaining those pounds back. I workout twice a day with one session as cardio and the other as a HIIT workout involving kickboxing at 9Round. I also try to keep me calorie intake around 1200. Why am I still gaining weight? If I use weights, I try not to go above 10 pounds. Please help!

Maybe you're gaining muscle?? When you gain muscle the scale goes up . See your doctor for muscle mass and body measurements

With her little weights that weigh less than my purse? Not likely!

The only light weight I do is when my trainer is trying to rip my arms from my shoulders doing lateral raised and holds. 5lbs get freakishly heavy when you hold them out for 30 seconds. But yeah, the pink weights aren't going to build muscle.
  • Butterchop
    Butterchop Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to comment on the prison food. I have seen you use that comparison several times. Prison food is not nutritionally void. It is more closely related to school cafeteria food which may taste awful but is nutritionally sound. It has to meet the same requirements. Also jail food is even healthier in some places. My county jail inmates grow their own garden and eat from it during the summer. I would guess the reason most prisoners are not overweight is portion control and lots of free time.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    @ninerbuff point is - you don't need to eat "clean" to lose weight - food can be nutritionally sound without being clean; you can lose weight eating "dirty" foods (FWIW, Oreos have a decently sound nutrition profile with fat/carbs and protein)...

people aren't overweight because of eating a lack of clean food, but because of portion control/CICO