Occupation

Nightmare0624
Nightmare0624 Posts: 166 Member
What do y'all do for a living? Do you enjoy it? Does it help or hinder you in your weightloss goals and healthy choices?

I am a full time mother and an on call substitute teacher. I love both. And they both help get me up and moving around. Teaching means sitting down maybe once or twice and walking the Halls over and over.

Replies

• I work as an RN. I enjoy it sometimes, but most times its a really stressful job. It hinders my fatloss journey because for some reason, every day, there are sweets and *kitten* at our breakroom. I'm talking donuts, bearclaws and cookies. Every. Single. DAY. I just avoid going into the break room now haha.

Other than that, it helps cause I am always on my feet and running from room to room throughout the shift

• 2Racks
    2Racks Posts: 3,677 Member
    I work in Parks and Rec, I stay active during the day so yes it does help! I do enjoy it, there is no way I could be stuck inside all day.
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Correctional officer for the past 18 years. I make it fun
  • lvmycats
    lvmycats Posts: 33 Member
    I'm entering graduate school in 1 month, so no career yet...but just wanted to say Thank You to those of you who posted so far. You are all making the world a better place :) Teaching kids, saving lives, working with the wilderness, and helping keep us safe -- You guys ROCK!! :)<3
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    I've never had a job, what's all the fuss about?
  • suffolkbobby
    suffolkbobby Posts: 14 Member
    Spent over 40 years driving heavy stuff for a living, don't help with the weight but the unloading sure builds the muscles.
  • dadsafrantic
    dadsafrantic Posts: 183 Member
    chef in a private school. everything cooked fresh down to the beets on the salad bar. no sugar on campus - meaning beverages too. infused water. tons of fresh fruit. house made granola. organic dairy. no hidden ingredients because we make it from scratch. a hungry kid is distracted and not paying attention.

medical evidence is showing that the youth of today will not live as long as their parents. this is the first time in history this is happening. it is a result of poor nutrition. enriched, enhance, gmo, obesity, convenience eating, fast food, packaged foods, pesticides, antibiotics in everything.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    edited August 2017
    I am a CSR, so I am behind the desk most of the time. However, I have to get up and down about every 15 minutes or so, because the printer is in a different room. So, when I am extremely busy with orders, it is back and forth for hours. It really doesn't hinder me reaching my goals at all. I have the flexibility to get up and walk around, take a break and do some stretches, etc.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    What do y'all do for a living? Do you enjoy it? Does it help or hinder you in your weightloss goals and healthy choices?

I am a full time mother and an on call substitute teacher. I love both. And they both help get me up and moving around. Teaching means sitting down maybe once or twice and walking the Halls over and over.

You look very familiar
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member

You look very familiar

That's my line.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    I'm a low-budget trophy wife. It has allowed me to get fat, because I'm not paid well enough to stay hot. I do have plenty of time for exercise and do all my own meal prep, so that has helped me lose weight.
  • cargotrailer
    cargotrailer Posts: 62 Member
    Engineer, sit behind a desk most of the day, but have a flexible schedule that allows gym time during the day.
  • caco_ethes
    cee134 wrote: »
    I sell Propane and Propane accessories.

I didn't know you worked at Walmart!
  • ashorey87
    ashorey87 Posts: 173 Member
    I work in the finance department of a municipality, so I sit at 1 desk 7.5 hours a day. However, I do not use that as an excuse to get fat. I walk the "block" (country block,so it's 1.75km) on my lunch break to get up and moving.
  • natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member
    Also an engineer. Doesn't help with weight loss much since I am at a desk most of the day and coworkers like to celebrate every event by bringing in donuts or sweets. However, our CEO is big on health, so hours are flexible and taking a walk throughout the day is encouraged. There's an onsite fitness center I could use during lunch, but I find it difficult to get a workout in with enough time to cool off and get ready before going back to work.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »

I don't.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes wrote: »

I don't.

But the propane.. and the propane accessories..