Gained 2 pounds

Options
2»

Replies

• PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    As everyone has said, it really is just something that happens. Yesterday, I lifted (leg day), completed W9D2 of Couch to 5k (which means I walked/ran for 54 minutes), and then I was on my bike for 24 miles (2ish hours) last evening. With all of that, I logged 22,990 steps on my fitbit. I got up this morning and gained 2 pounds from yesterday. I certainly didn't actually gain weight yesterday... but it happens.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    It really aggravates me. I don't eat junk, sweets or any treats anymore. Went to the grocery store yesterday and saw individual fresh baked cookies and wanted one but I was good and refused to buy it because it's on the bad food do not eat can't have list. I'm just so frustrated. Trying to scan the barcode off a can of chicken noodle soup for dinner tonight and it wouldn't scan I was ready to just scream.

So glad I don't have one of these

I have one of those lists.
    -Oysters (vomit)
    -mussels (look like girls bits)
    -basa or other rubbish fish
    -excess/raw broccoli.
    -cheap crappy sliced bread at a Cafe.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    It really aggravates me. I don't eat junk, sweets or any treats anymore. Went to the grocery store yesterday and saw individual fresh baked cookies and wanted one but I was good and refused to buy it because it's on the bad food do not eat can't have list. I'm just so frustrated. Trying to scan the barcode off a can of chicken noodle soup for dinner tonight and it wouldn't scan I was ready to just scream.

So glad I don't have one of these

I have one of those lists.
    -Oysters (vomit)
    -mussels (look like girls bits)
    -basa or other rubbish fish
    -excess/raw broccoli.
    -cheap crappy sliced bread at a Cafe.

Mine had a bunch of "healthy" food on it too:
    -Horseradish
    -Raw or steamed cauliflower
    -Cooked carrots
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

It's not related to the foods you're eating...body weight fluctuates naturally. Losing weight isn't a linear function...you will not lose weight consistently every week...sometimes you will have smaller losses, sometimes bigger losses, sometimes no losses, and sometimes small gains...you need to look at the trend, not the week to week.

I'm in maintenance, with my average weight being about 182...but on Monday I was 184...on Wednesday I was 181...today I'm 181.7...body weight isn't static, you don't have a specific weight...your body weight is a range of numbers.
  • Sashslay
    Sashslay Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have a list too:

- Liver (seriously wtf)

...and that's it.

• Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm glad I read this. I started some weight training a few days ago and gained some water weight. Today, though I was under goal again, my sodium was way over. Because of more weight training today and the excess sodium, I'm expecting another gain tomorrow. :(