Bootie Busters (closed group)

Options

Replies

• dawnmariebear
    Options
    Hi my Name is DawnMarie, I just joined MFP July 23 have already lost 5lbs. What is the August Challenge and How do I join? I am competitive by nature and would love a challenge.
  • Ladydi1982
    Ladydi1982 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm happy to be able to join this challenge. Let me start by introducing myself. My name is Diana and I am married to my best friend, the most wonderful man in the universe! We have a "practice child" haha! a maltipoo puppy named Bailey. We want to start a family soon and I know that losing weight is the best thing for this process. I love challenges. They really keep me motivated. Right now I am getting ready to start week 3 in Ripped in 30 with Jillian Michaels. I also walk 3 to 4 days a week with my mom and I do Pilates on wednesdays. My ultimate goal is to lose around 70 lbs. I have lost 3 to date and almost 6 inches all over. I am updating more measurements tomorrow. So add me as a friend and you can see my progress!

It was nice meeting everyone!!!
  • Marzipan91
    Marzipan91 Posts: 46
    Options
    Hi my Name is DawnMarie, I just joined MFP July 23 have already lost 5lbs. What is the August Challenge and How do I join? I am competitive by nature and would love a challenge.

Hey Dawn, you can join this challenge by going here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/299772-team-challenge-beginning-august-1st-open-to-all

You'll be put on a team. The challenge starts August 1st. Good luck!
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Options
    Hey can we get one of those awesome team banners that other people have with all the members' names on it? That would be pretty cool.

If someone is creative enough and can that would be great. Creativity is not my best trait lol.
  • timeforme23
    Options
    Hey guys, I know a lot of you have questions, so I just want you to know that I'm waiting on an email from the guy running this with instructions to share with you. I should be getting that email within a couple hours. I will definetly have the info for you by tonight.
  • timeforme23
    Options
    Ok, this is what I know so far. First and foremost, I NEED EVERYONE'S START WEIGHT BY SUNDAY!!! Post it here. Each week there will be challenges which I will tell you about a week in advance (I don't have next weeks yet, I should by tonight).

This is how we earn points . .

1 point for every pound lost (so let's try and post weight each Sunday so it's easy to count).
    1 point for each member that completes the daily exercise challenge (remember, I won't know about those specifics until tonight).
    1 point for each team member that completes other weekly challenges (examples of these would be drinking enough water,
    staying under calorie goal etc . . again, will know these later tonight)

BONUS POINTS!

- If each team member completes every weekly challenge for the week (Monday - Saturday) the team gets an extra 5 points
    - If each team member completes the other weekly challenge the team gets an additional 5 points

That is what I know so far. When I hear more, I will tell you. Were going to need to stick together as a team and push each other. All but 6 players have introduced themselves (or talked to me), so I will send them a message and make sure they're still in. I want us to be able to have a committed team by Monday :-). Make sure you remember to post your start weight by Sunday! If you have any questions, post them here or email me. I'm still at work, so I'll be slow to respond for the next couple hours.
  • tonicia
    tonicia Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Excited to hear what we will be doing...and so far very glad somebody mentioned this challenge/team to me. = ) Feeling motivated a lil early. lol
  • TheGreatYaYa
    TheGreatYaYa Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 217

Let's Kick Some Bootie!!
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Valerie and I am 36. I am married with two kids (a 6 year old and a 1 year old) -- we live in Ohio. I work for a local park district as a naturalist. LOVE my job! Can't wait to lose my last few pounds!

Looking forward to this challenge!

It's very nice to meet all of you!
  • timeforme23
    Options
    AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK 1

This is the week one team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine.
    This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team
    captain for ideas.

Week One Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 100 Jumping Jacks*

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – Walk, Run or Jog 1 Mile (extra)

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches*

Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 40 UP and Downs *

Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 25 Pushups *

Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 25 Squat Lunges*

Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

If you are uncertain on how to do an exercise get with your captains as they will have a weblink to each
    exercise.

Week One Weekly Team Challenge

Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over
    their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days
    your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best
    as you are much stronger than you believe.

Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member.
    Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.
  • timeforme23
    Options
    So there is are challenge for week one people. We can do this! If we all do it as a team its an extra 10 points for us this week!!!
    Just a few things

1. Dont forget that I need your starting weight before we start
    2. To make my life easier next week please use a format along the lines

8/1 - completed both
    8/2 - completed both
    8/3 - completed both
    8/4 - completed exercise challenge
    8/5 - completed other challenge
    8/6 - 0

etc. This way I wont have to go back through pages to count our points.

3. Every Sunday, if you have lost weight, please post how much.
    4. Push your teammates! Were up against 19 other teams! :-)
    5. Try and have a little fun ;-)
  • shawnalaufer
    Options
    What are Up and Downs?
  • TheGreatYaYa
    TheGreatYaYa Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have some concerns/questions about the exercise challenges. I hope I'm not going to be a drag on the team, but I noticed that I'm the oldest team member at 56 and I'm 55-60 lbs. overweight! So, I WILL have a problem with the exercise portion of this challenge, especially if they will get harder each week. I haven't worked out in 20 yrs! The last thing I want to do is bring the team down; perhaps I shouldn't have signed up.

My questions:

When you say that we can do the exercises in sets if we can't do them all at once, does that mean I can do half the ab crunches in the morning and half in the afternoon and so on? Right now all I do is walk on my treadmill for 40 mins. at a moderate pace of 3 mph. I'm not saying I can't do any of the strength exercises, I'm saying I can't do 25 push ups at one time...I can probably do 10. I'm pretty sure I can't do 100 jumping jacks at one time...I'd have to split them up throughout the day. I'd probably have to split up all of the exercises throughout my day and do half at one time and half at another time. I can't do any squat lunges at all (I never have been able to do those) and I don't know what UP and Downs are. So, what do you think? Should I skip this challenge and wait for the next one? Or can we make some adjustments for my exercise portion?

As far as the diet portion of the challenge goes...I can do really well on that end. My old body is just really, really out of shape!!!

Let me know what you think. Thanks.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have some concerns/questions about the exercise challenges. I hope I'm not going to be a drag on the team, but I noticed that I'm the oldest team member at 56 and I'm 55-60 lbs. overweight! So, I WILL have a problem with the exercise portion of this challenge, especially if they will get harder each week. I haven't worked out in 20 yrs! The last thing I want to do is bring the team down; perhaps I shouldn't have signed up.

My questions:

When you say that we can do the exercises in sets if we can't do them all at once, does that mean I can do half the ab crunches in the morning and half in the afternoon and so on? Right now all I do is walk on my treadmill for 40 mins. at a moderate pace of 3 mph. I'm not saying I can't do any of the strength exercises, I'm saying I can't do 25 push ups at one time...I can probably do 10. I'm pretty sure I can't do 100 jumping jacks at one time...I'd have to split them up throughout the day. I'd probably have to split up all of the exercises throughout my day and do half at one time and half at another time. I can't do any squat lunges at all (I never have been able to do those) and I don't know what UP and Downs are. So, what do you think? Should I skip this challenge and wait for the next one? Or can we make some adjustments for my exercise portion?

As far as the diet portion of the challenge goes...I can do really well on that end. My old body is just really, really out of shape!!!

Hey Nance,

Dont sell yourself short girl! We are NOT cutting you loose, but I do expect you to push yourself!
    The way I read it ... it doesnt matter how many sets you need to do, you just need to complete the challenge by the end of the day. Do them in 3 or 4 sessions if you need to. Dont worry about whether or how hard they are going to get ... just jump in right now where you are and do your best (and forget the rest)...

Now I KNOW you can do a squat lunge... I dont like to do them ... but I can do them. Squat lunges are where you step forward (or back if you have bad knees) and bend your back knee to the ground.

Up downs and brutal ... but basically you jump straight up .... then squat...... then feet out for plank, then jump feet back into hands ... then stand up ... jump up ... and repeat ...

You can ... and you will do this! And we will be here to cheer you on!! :)
  • princilam99
    princilam99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Starting weight is 245.4.
  • rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    My name is Ralph, I live in Atlanta, am married and have 2 children in college. I joined MFP about 6 months ago and have lost a good bit of weight but I am more interested in a healthier lifestyle that I am about losing weight. I am a spiritual person who loves life, today and you! I am a bit of a goof as well and I love to be a smart *kitten*. I am excited about this challenge - I am very competitive and a big team player. Lets show those other teams what we can do!!

PS - The more forends the bettewr so firned me if you can! I am mostly on the phone app which can make thigs a bit difficult for me sometimes.
  • gothicprophet
    Options
    If any of you want, I created a google Calendar.

Currently it just contains the days and what will be the challenges for the first week...

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=7bor1869s8i1v92mltvtv7a87g@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York

Comments, constructive criticism, appreciated.
  • timeforme23
    Options
    Hi,

My questions:

I agree with emma, youre not going anywhere! Were here to help each other :-). Hell, I cant do 25 pushups at once lol. If you do one 25 times throughout the day you still did it! Dont doubt yourself. This is just for fun :-)
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!! Next weeks challenges look so doable for all of us even you Nance. We are goona do awesome!! I am currently doing TurboFire and I bike about 100 miles per week but I can still find time for this too!! Nance you can do more than you think. Just stop telling yourself what you can't do and start saying I CAN!! Good luck everyone!!
  • timeforme23
    Options

Now I KNOW you can do a squat lunge... I dont like to do them ... but I can do them. Squat lunges are where you step forward (or back if you have bad knees) and bend your back knee to the ground.

Up downs and brutal ... but basically you jump straight up .... then squat...... then feet out for plank, then jump feet back into hands ... then stand up ... jump up ... and repeat ...

Thanks I didnt know what these were. Ive never heard it termed up down. I thought it was sumo burpee. Silly workout names lol