Cabbage soup diet....it works amazingly!!!

Options

Replies

• sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Cabbage soup is certainly a wonderful addition to a complete well balanced diet that includes all of the food groups. :wink:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Just a side note... I'd drink pee for two weeks to fit into "THE" dress. Doesn't means it's a sustainable diet, but I get what the OP was sayin about the prom dress :)

LOL, I think I'm in love ... or at least with your posts!

Awe :) Thanks sunshine :)
  • FifiLea
    FifiLea Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    That looks nice! I love making soup, I'll definitely be using this on those days when I don't have many calories left but I still want a hot meal! I bet you could eat loads of it for hardly *any* calories.

I don't think it would harm anyone as part of a balanced diet. :happy:
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    not even going to read this post. LIMITING YOURSELF TO ONE TYPE OF FOOD IS NOT HEALTHY! YOU NEED A HEALTHY BALANCED DIET AND YOU NEED TO GET ALL THE NUTRIENTS FOR YOUR BODY.
    you clearly know nothing. the cabbage soup diet allows you certain things each day. like fruits or veg or beef/chicken or baked potato. it's designed to flush toxins out of your body.

IF YOU ARE EATING MOSTLY ONE VEGETABLE AND HAVING ONLY LITTLE BITS OF OTHER THINGS YOU ARE STILL NOT GOING TO GET ENOUGH NUTRIENTS DAILY!
  • sweetness1503
    sweetness1503 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    not even going to read this post. LIMITING YOURSELF TO ONE TYPE OF FOOD IS NOT HEALTHY! YOU NEED A HEALTHY BALANCED DIET AND YOU NEED TO GET ALL THE NUTRIENTS FOR YOUR BODY.

I totally agree with you I don't strictly eat only cabbage soup lol...I was just gonna add it to my diet for a few meals. It's not just cabbage either its more of a vegtable soup with mainly cabbage.
  • sweetness1503
    Options
    They're right. This is the kind of site where you're going to upset people by posting things like this. Most of us are committed to healthy weight loss over a long term basis.

I'm not trying to upset anyone it was just an IDEAL MEAL for people to try...I work out on a daily basis and I'm gradually changeing my eating habits I just strated on this new journey so sorry if I offended anyone or upset anyone. I'm guessing I need to word my post better.
  • sweetness1503
    Options
    So I remeber in high school I bought this beatuiful dress for prom and 2 weeks before prom it was too tight, so my mom put me on a cabbage soup diet and I drank nothing but water until prom and I dropped 9 lbs in 2 weeks. I'm probablly gonna start adding the cabbage soup in my diet again...just a thought for anyone else that likes cabbage soup and haven't heard of this yet it does work amazingly!!

Recipe for Cabbage soup

http://www.cabbage-soup-diet.com/recipe/

From what I see she didn't say she was doing the DIET, just that she was adding cabbage soup back into her meals.....Stop being so brutal!!! We are all here for the same reason! How we chose to do it is our business.
    I eat cabbage soup about 3-4 times a week as part of my healthy life......

What she said was - I'm probablly gonna start adding the cabbage soup in my diet again.... NOT I am gonna do the cabbage diet and eat nothing else!

lay off.

THANKYOU i glad a few people understood what I was saying!!!
  • sweetness1503
    Options

If you like cabbage soup, eat it. But don't limit yourself to only cabbage soup day after day. You might lose weight quickly, but it could be bad for you in the long term.

I love cabbage soup. I have used it as a filler food while trying to slim down and it worked really well.....I absolutely ate other things, too, though. I had one serving from every food group at each meal, small snacks that combined carb/fat/protein, and as much soup as I wanted. I was put on that plan by a nutritionist, and felt great at the time. Looking at the link to the 7 day plan...I would have to add in the healthy cheats -- like protein on the all veggie days...I bookmarked the recipe:) I am not saying that I will follow the 7 days, but I do see some yummy cabbage soup in my future! Thanks for reminding me of it, OP!

Your very welcome this was the whole point to my post...was to give other people going through the same thing I'm going through some new meal ideas.
  • sweetness1503
    Options
    So I'm guessing this is my WELCOME post...thanks for all the wonderful input!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    So I remeber in high school I bought this beatuiful dress for prom and 2 weeks before prom it was too tight, so my mom put me on a cabbage soup diet and I drank nothing but water until prom and I dropped 9 lbs in 2 weeks. I'm probablly gonna start adding the cabbage soup in my diet again...just a thought for anyone else that likes cabbage soup and haven't heard of this yet it does work amazingly!!

Recipe for Cabbage soup

http://www.cabbage-soup-diet.com/recipe/
    Sorry to say that you're being duped into thinking that this is a healthy and reasonable way to lose weight.
  • sweetness1503
    Options
    JUST TO CLEAR THIS POST UP.....I was merley giving everyone a new meal idea...take it how you want to!!!!
  • ChrisWag
    ChrisWag Posts: 169
    Options
    JUST TO CLEAR THIS POST UP.....I was merley giving everyone a new meal idea...take it how you want to!!!!

Good for you!!! Some people can read, and others cannot :) I was "attacked" via message boards once too, then I just contacted Mike and had him remove the entire post...it was easier than watching 100 people argue :)

I personally LOVE cabbage soup! You do what makes you and your body happy! To each his own right....?
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    you clearly know nothing. the cabbage soup diet allows you certain things each day. like fruits or veg or beef/chicken or baked potato. it's designed to flush toxins out of your body.

IF YOU ARE EATING MOSTLY ONE VEGETABLE AND HAVING ONLY LITTLE BITS OF OTHER THINGS YOU ARE STILL NOT GOING TO GET ENOUGH NUTRIENTS DAILY!

omg enough with the caps lock!!!!!:laugh:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I love Cabbage thanks for the recipe.
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    you probably fart!!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

If you had read the post you would have noticed that she never said she was going to limit herself to one food.
  • Daisy374
    Daisy374 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Someone recently told me about this diet, but like others have mentioned, the person who told me about it just uses it just for those weeks when she wants to lose a quick 5 lbs... I don't think it is a diet that should be used all the time, but I think it could be added into someone's every day diet along with what they are currently doing... :flowerforyou:
  • hpygirl64ColleenLinder
    hpygirl64ColleenLinder Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Healthy cleanses are a good thing for the body but fad diets are just that fads. Don't get me wrong I love cabbage soup but I'm not wanting to have it all day long and especially for breakfast. There is no miracle cure out there. Taking it one day at a time and eating as clean as you can along with exercise and you will have the results that you want and without the yo-yo's of limited
    meal plans. Wish you the best.

Anyone that would love to add me as a new friend I leave positive food for thought on my page to keep you all motivated and
    inspired and thinking! Have a FIT-tabulous day, Colleen
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked cabbage. Sometimes it makes me want to loose my cookies. But looks interesting!
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    My grandparents did this diet when I was a kid and I just remember the awful smell of the soup, hahaha.