After 2 inconsistent weight loss journey, planning to give one last shot . Success or Death

I've tried losing weight for the longest period of time,I lost 7kg and gained back from over eating all the junk foods. Im afraid that this time it'll be the same . I need someone to push me literally

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    I think you just need a reasonable strategy that you can stick to long term. Set your goal to the slowest weight loss, plan your food in advance, don't cut the "junk food" out completely, find an exercise you enjoy.
  • umamageswary52
    umamageswary52 Posts: 68 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I think you just need a reasonable strategy that you can stick to long term. Set your goal to the slowest weight loss, plan your food in advance, don't cut the "junk food" out completely, find an exercise you enjoy.

I want to lose weight fast but I get very inconsistent , I give all the excuses and then get fed up with the diet and over eat. Did that twice I know this will be my last try cause everytime I stop I gain alot and it's not easy to lose :/
  • umamageswary52
    How about stop being pushed around, educate yourself on how weightloss works, then just do what it takes (believe me, it's not much, but it's important) and trust the process?

Seeing the results getting slow down frustrates me and I go " What's the point of dieting if I don't see results" I've tried and I today I started a new diet again.
  • umamageswary52

I want to lose weight fast but I get very inconsistent , I give all the excuses and then get fed up with the diet and over eat. Did that twice I know this will be my last try cause everytime I stop I gain alot and it's not easy to lose :/

You want to do something, you try it, you fail. Why not do something different this time? Stop trying to lose so fast and you won't give up. You think of this as a short term thing to get you to a goal, but the work doesn't stop when you reach your goal. This is forever. If you keep viewing this as having an end you'll regain the weight every time. Make sustainable changes that you will keep up with after the weight is gone.

Will do . I needed this thank you
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    you don't go out an run a marathon with no training do you? think of weight loss the same way - it may be slow, some days will be really good and other days will be crappy - but its a journey
  • umamageswary52
    How about stop being pushed around, educate yourself on how weightloss works, then just do what it takes (believe me, it's not much, but it's important) and trust the process?

Seeing the results getting slow down frustrates me and I go " What's the point of dieting if I don't see results" I've tried and I today I started a new diet again.

Have you thought of therapy

I have but I think I can control this issue on my own so idk
  • umamageswary52
    you don't go out an run a marathon with no training do you? think of weight loss the same way - it may be slow, some days will be really good and other days will be crappy - but its a journey

If I slack a day or 2 there goes my motivation to start again. I'm just so afraid of slacking again
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    you have to make it a priority - if you do, then you won't slack...the last thing I want to do is log all my food into MFP each day - but I know I need to do it to be honest with myself and make sure that I am fueling adequately - so I do it
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited August 2017
    You should try for a lifestyle change instead of a diet, a diet will make you go back and forth, a lifestyle change you work at until you get it right,it's something you can be proud of and shows results, and there is no failing a lifestyle change because it's not something you quit.
    Just remember eat less calories than you burn even if it's 10 calories sometimes it will still ensure that you are going down and not up, unfortunately for long term weightloss it won't be superfast but it can be for the rest of your life.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member

@umamageswary52 The definition of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results.

Long term results aren't fast nor easy. You have to be patient and consistent, then the results will come. It's not easy, it's worth it!
  • umamageswary52
    BabyBear76 wrote: »

@umamageswary52 The definition of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results.

Long term results aren't fast nor easy. You have to be patient and consistent, then the results will come. It's not easy, it's worth it!

Gotta make baby steps then
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member

Read that post back over and you'll probably see how silly it sounds. No weight loss is better than slow weight loss? It really is not. ANY weight loss is better than no weight loss when you need to lose weight.
  • umamageswary52

But you've admitted you can't.

Why does everything leads to therapy ? I mean do I sound like I have mental illness? Idk it's just very odd
  • umamageswary52
    you have to make it a priority - if you do, then you won't slack...the last thing I want to do is log all my food into MFP each day - but I know I need to do it to be honest with myself and make sure that I am fueling adequately - so I do it[/quote

Hmm will do thank you
  • umamageswary52
    You should try for a lifestyle change instead of a diet, a diet will make you go back and forth, a lifestyle change you work at until you get it right,it's something you can be proud of and shows results, and there is no failing a lifestyle change because it's not something you quit.
    Just remember eat less calories than you burn even if it's 10 calories sometimes it will still ensure that you are going down and not up, unfortunately for long term weightloss it won't be superfast but it can be for the rest of your life.

Will baby steps actually work? I mean by reducing food intakes will it actually work and I won't gain weight ? Is exercise compulsory?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member

Why does everything leads to therapy ? I mean do I sound like I have mental illness? Idk it's just very odd

I would say no you do not sound like you need therapy. It sounds like you need to just look at it a bit more logically. Being overly strict and shooting for quick weight loss has not worked in the past, so logic would suggest it won't work this time either. Eat in a manner that you can see yourself eating for a long time. Eat foods you like.
  • umamageswary52

Success or death.....does that sound like a healthy way of thinking. You also admit to having disordered thinking about dieting and food so maybe you would benefit from talking to someone.

At this point talking is not going to help. For sure. Its time to put it some work . Gonna try my level best
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member

Will baby steps actually work? I mean by reducing food intakes will it actually work and I won't gain weight ? Is exercise compulsory?

as long as you burn more calories than you eat you will either maintain (you ate and burned the same amount) or lose (you burned more than you ate) but you will NOT gain anything. It might be slow but it will be in the right direction just work on being consistent. Just remember the more you burn and the less you eat the bigger the deficit and the faster you lose, just do not eat below 1200 calories and if you exercise you get to eat those calories back. So you get a bit more food as a reward with no consequence.