After 2 inconsistent weight loss journey, planning to give one last shot . Success or Death

13»

Replies

• Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Do you think that stopping junk food will make you want it more and then you will give up?
    I incorporate "junk food" into my calories because after almost 30 years trying to lose weight anytime I deprived myself of something I "fell off the wagon" and failed.
    I just make sure that it fits within my calories for the day and eat a freaking candy bar if I want one.
  • umamageswary52
    umamageswary52 Posts: 68 Member
    Treece68 wrote: »
    Do you think that stopping junk food will make you want it more and then you will give up?
    I incorporate "junk food" into my calories because after almost 30 years trying to lose weight anytime I deprived myself of something I "fell off the wagon" and failed.
    I just make sure that it fits within my calories for the day and eat a freaking candy bar if I want one.

But did it work? Did you lose weight for eating that junk food. Eventough if it's in your calorie
  • Treece68
    Yes i have lost 35lbs and still going. Today I had a king size snickers
  • Treece68
    If you eat at a calorie deficit you will lose weight no matter what you eat. For your health you should balance that out with nourishing food. I doubt that all you will want to eat in a day is sweets and they use up your calories without keeping you full.
    This is a slow process but it works 1lb a week as a goal is excellent.
  • umamageswary52
    Treece68 wrote: »
    If you eat at a calorie deficit you will lose weight no matter what you eat. For your health you should balance that out with nourishing food. I doubt that all you will want to eat in a day is sweets and they use up your calories without keeping you full.
    This is a slow process but it works 1lb a week as a goal is excellent.

That's awesome OMG I can't wait to try
  • umamageswary52
    How often should I weigh in ? Not seeing results was the biggest factor of me not continuing my previous journey. So I'm really afraid to get on the scale guys
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    How often should I weigh in ? Not seeing results was the biggest factor of me not continuing my previous journey. So I'm really afraid to get on the scale guys

take your measurements then, don't weigh, there is a lot of fluctuation in weight that doesn't mean weight gain
  • umamageswary52

take your measurements then, don't weigh, there is a lot of fluctuation in weight that doesn't mean weight gain

Alright thank you
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,919 Member
    I've tried losing weight for the longest period of time,I lost 7kg and gained back from over eating all the junk foods. Im afraid that this time it'll be the same . I need someone to push me literally
    When it's actually a priority for you and you COMMIT to it, that's when you will succeed. Till then, it's just a desire.
    Many people say "I wish I could play the piano". If they really did, then they do what it takes to do it.

"Get a Backbone instead of a Wishbone."

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member

I agree with this. Losing weight is great but the real desire is usually to get smaller. Unless you tell them others don't know how much you weigh, but they see how big you are. Measure, take pictures, pay attention to how your clothes fit. This is the real test of whether you are getting thinner.