What's your favourite way to exercise/work out?

Options

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Running. It's cheap - ish. I do tend to splurge on shoes, though.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Cycling, rock climbing, Olympic weight lifting...
  • sarasimp
    sarasimp Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ballet, contemporary, and yoga :)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Cycling mostly with occasional running and boxing classes.
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Swimming! Then any water class. Then cycling. I do the bodyweight strength training but I hate every second of it. I envy those of you who enjoy lifting b/c I know I need the strength work but ugh ugh
  • timsla
    timsla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Cycling, rock climbing, Olympic weight lifting...

My dude is a god damn Michelob Ultra commercial haha.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Lifting and/or body weight exercises in my garage gym, spin bike and/or rowing in the house and/or crossfit in the backyard.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    I'm enjoying running for it's cheapness(&limited commute) right now, but dancing would be my ideal. :)I am a ballet teacher and I'm going to give some unsolicited advice to the OP: Don't wait to sign up for ballet. Most of it can be modified, and few adult classes make you wear a leotard& tights. Unless you are saving it up as a reward, sign up for a progressive beginner class now, as enrollment should be starting soon for most studios. It's a ton of hard work- you'll really feel it.

Running is cheap?! :noway: :laugh:

Yep. Compared to cycling, it's basically free.

$300 for shoes every year... vs $200 for a bike...

And yeah, I know you could spend more for a bike, but you can spend more for shoes too..

For the casual athlete, biking is less expensive.

I disagree... I don't think you're comparing apples to apples. A "causual athlete" isn't going to go get fitted for shoes and buy 2 pairs of high end shoes each year, but then buy a off-the-floor department store bike. They'll go to a bike shop and get a low end bike, which will probably cost $400-$600 minimum. They are either going to get both target shoes and a target bike, or they're going to get shoes from a running store and a bike from a bike shop.

100% agree with you. My dad did both and I only run. But I think biking is more costly.

Running shoes for me at 150 a pair and I get news one about 3 times a year. Biking for my dad was easily 3000 on a bike, and then tire replacements, tools, maintenance on the bike. Sure, the bike lasts a lot longer, but for 3000 dollars I'd have enough shoes for a few years.

Aside from running, I'm a kettle bell nut. Love snatches and turkish get ups in particular.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying running for it's cheapness(&limited commute) right now, but dancing would be my ideal. :)I am a ballet teacher and I'm going to give some unsolicited advice to the OP: Don't wait to sign up for ballet. Most of it can be modified, and few adult classes make you wear a leotard& tights. Unless you are saving it up as a reward, sign up for a progressive beginner class now, as enrollment should be starting soon for most studios. It's a ton of hard work- you'll really feel it.

And yeah, I know you could spend more for a bike, but you can spend more for shoes too..

Ugmm, $200 would buy your bike's shoes, aka tires, lol.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Cycling and ice hockey for me. I'm blessed to live where i can ride year around!
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Boxing
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Trail marathon and ultra running, road cycling and swimming
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Cycling in beautiful countryside is good for my soul as well as my body.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Lifting, trail running. That may change soon, though... Beacause I got a kayak! Yeeeeaah!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Benching all day every day. Everything else is a bench accessory.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    As long as it is OUTSIDE!, biking, roller blading,kangoo jumps, stand up paddle boarding, snowshoeing, skating, ANYTHING, new things every day!

I see your burns, so I know you go at it hard :smiley:

I'm somewhat the same although I'm fine with some indoor stuff too.

Tennis, strength training, walking/golf, running (if my body allows it), rowing, swimming, elliptical, SUPing, kayaking, and aerobic DVDs is my list atm.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options

Lol, certainly not for me it isn't £100 for new trainers every 3-4 months (have 2 pairs in rotation), running clothes (constantly replacing as I lose weight), race entries.....
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Longer distance running, weight training, high intensity classes and PT sessions and anything that really pushes me to my limits.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,028 Member
    Options
    Cycling
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,028 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Um ... you'd be hard pressed to find a decent bicycle for $200. :) Entry level is about $700.