Sixers Love Yourself Challenge- Week 5

Options

Replies

• nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Boy I did so bad tonight.:grumble: I thought I did OK, but turns out it totally sucked. We went out to Ruby Tuesday and I got the mini turkey bugers and fries. I was over 1000 cals.:noway: I also, of course, had a tall cake, which I split with the hubby, thank goodness, and I even took the smaller one and gave him the bigger piece. So now at the end of the day I am over by 1,000 cals. :blushing: Oh, well to late now right? I'll have to start over in the morning. This is my biggest problem, is resturants. The food is soooo good.:tongue:

Well, we're tucking in the kiddos and going to lay down in bed and watch a movie tonight. I just figured I would confess. But I'll be good tomorrow.

Night night.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    morning everyone, i guess.....i hate when i am woken up by the DOG, and everyone else is up and no one can open the door and get the dog to take out. we live in a mobile home and our door is in the living room. oh, well......i am up now, and cranky........i think i had one day when i had my surgery i didn't have to get up with the dog.

the scale is creaping up. i am eating more and not good things.but, i also catch myself overeating on the good stuff too. you can still over eat on that so easy.

need to get some things organized around here today. DH just went to be about 30 mins ago, son went to work, so will have a quit morning to get these things done. need to run to the bank. so plan is to walk on treadmill, shower, bank and start in the den.

better get going or i will find an excuse not to do it.

later.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Rhiannon, I hope you don't have what I've had. I'm still fighting it, on my 3rd week now. As if coughing, sneezing, and snotting all over weren't bad enough, last Friday, I got up and my face was fine. Drove the kids to school and by the time I got home, I had an awful red rash all over my face. It's finally starting to clear up- I've taken Benadryl in case it was an allergic reaction, used a cream the dermatologist gave me for flare-ups, and am taking antibiotics the dermatologist gave me for peri-oral dermatitis. I tried to get in to the dermatologist, but the appointments are over a month out.

Kristin, Congratulations! With my first baby, I only had morning sickness when I got upset about something. With my second, it was all day ick feeling. I know what you're going through, unfortunately I don't have any good advice. I ate ice cream, probably part of the reason I'm overweight... lol

Cathy, dogs can be the best, but they can also be a pain, can't they? Our dog will be quiet all day, and then as soon as I walk in the door, gets antsy and wants to go out every 5 minutes. Probably because I'm the only one who will get up and let her out... Yup, she has me trained :laugh:

SBB, how are things going with your puppy and neighbors? Any more complaints?

Hello to everyone I missed, not having been on here for several days has put me behind on my catching up!
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    Shanell
    SW 212.5 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 211/ PROGRESS - 1.5lbs
    Cathy
    SW 209 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 204.8/ PROGRESS - 5.2
    AmyLou
    SW 153.4/GW 147lbs/CW149.6/Progress - 3.8 lbs.
    Tessa
    SW 238 lbs/ GW 226/ CW 233/ PROGRESS -5 lbs
    KRISTIN
    Em
    SW 151.2 lbs / GW 140 lbs / CW 149.0 lbs / Progress -2.2 lbs
    Katy
    SW 172.8/ GW 164.8/ CW 169.2/ PROGRESS -3.6 lbs
    Lauryn
    SW 159 / GW 155 / CW 161 / PROGRESS +2lbs
    Katie
    SW 179 lbs/GW 169 lbs/CW 172 lbs/Progress -7 lbs
    Robin
    SW 193 lbs / GW 185 lbs / CW 188 lbs / PROGRESS -5 lbs

Katy
    SW 172.8/ GW 164.8/ CW 168.4/ PROGRESS -4.4 lbs
    RHIANNON ----SW 172.6 lbs / GW 165lbs / CW 168lbs / PROGRESS -4.6lbs
    Deb
    SW202.4/GW 194.4 lbs/CW 202.8/Progress +0.4 lbs.
    Tammara
    SW 220lbs/GW 213lbs/CW 219.5 /Progress - .5 lbs
    Amy
    SW 198lbs/GW 188lbs/CW 200 /Progress+/- +2.0lbs
    Connie
    SW 264 lbs / GW 258/ CW 261/ PROGRESS -3 lbs
    Heidi
    SW165lbs / GW 155 lbs / CW 165 / Progress +/- 0lbs
    Becky
    SW146.2lbs/GW 140lbs/CW 146.4/Progress+/- .2lbs ...we all roc
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Morning everyone!!

Hey Robin!! Sounds like you've had a rough go of it this week too!! I hope you get to feeling better soon!!

Cathy - you will get the overeating under control. I've had a lot of surgeries and trust me when you start healing and actually feeling better, there's this euphoric feeling of "oh i don't feel sick at all, I can eat anything I want!" but you'll get back to your routine and healthy habits, not to worry!!

Thanks for the advice Katie!! you're right, i can't think about the cheeseburger just have to move on and do better next time. I did have a salad and a workout last night and am up early this morning to go for a run!

Hello to everyone else!!! I don't have a meal plan set for today, waiting to see where the day goes with studying and being on campus. probably a salad or soup at the cafeteria for lunch and i'm not sure about supper since a few of us are getting together to watch the Special Episode of Grey's Anatomy/Private Practice!!! yippee!!

My :heart: for today is that I love that when I where "workout clothes" now, i don't look in the mirror and think I'm just trying to fake it, I'm actually starting to look like I "belong" in a gym. I know it sounds silly because there are all shapes and sizes at the gym, buy there's always that little voice in your head telling you silly things. It makes the workouts a heck of a lot better when you feel better going though!!!!

check in later!!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning my gals! Just got to work (a little late:blushing: Oooops!) and have lots to do today. Since I leave tomorrow for my vaca (YAY!!!!:bigsmile: ) I have to get caught up on everything. Tomorrow I'm only working half day. And tonight I have a hair cut and have to get groceries and pack...busy busy! But Saturday I will be in warm weather....I CAN'T WAIT!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Robin...I'm SO sorry you have been sick...SO not fun! And that rash! Blah! Sorry to hear that you can't get a doc's appointment...a month out is CRAZY! Just drink lots of fluids and take it easy!:flowerforyou:

Rhiannon...same goes for you, hunny! Get some sleep and let your body recover. Don't worry too much about the scale...it will come off as quick as it goes on...we ALL have these obstacles! Just get yourself better!:flowerforyou:

AmyLou...I love your love for the day...so true! I can totally relate to feeling of finally "belonging" in the gym...although it's been a few weeks since I have been there. But I know what you mean! And good for you!!!:drinker:

Cathy...sorry to hear about the dog waking you up bright and early. I can relate to that for sure! Our two dogs sleep with us, and they are up each morning at 6 like clockwork! Even though that is when I should get up, on days I try to sleep in, it's such a pain in the butt! But...gotta love them!:wink:

Shanell...don't worry too much about dinner last night. Like you said, you can do well today! And I am totally the same way. Restaurant food is SO good! Especially for me these days...I crave all kinds of wonderfully bad things!:laugh: You'll be fine!!! No worries!!

Too all my other girlies...GOOD morning!!!!

Well...off to some work for me, but I'll BBL!
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    AmyLou- I totally agree. When you feel better in your workout clothes, it is a much more pleasant trip to the gym.

Cathy-I am experiencing the same thing with my dog and cat. Seems none of the other three people in this house want to feed them, let the dog out, clean out the litter box. I am seriously looking for a new home for them because it isn't fair to those animals to have to wait for me to do those things, plus, I am tired of it. I love those little guys, but they deserve better.

Robin-I hope that rash is under control now. I really hope you are on the getting better end of this.

Well, I feel much better today ladies. I am heading to work in a bit. I was finally able to eat a little something around 6:30 or 7 last night.

Today, I love that I feel better.

Don't have the haiku book upstairs with me so I will post a new one later today. I think the fam and I are going to swim at the Y this afternoon.

Have a great day ladies!
  • strawberryblonde1
    Options
    kge, pedal... feel better! :flowerforyou: Bunny... the little pup is doing well (growing like a weed) but so far no more complaints... :happy: Anyways, I have no time this week and I am going out on a research cruise in the AM so it may be a bit before I can chat again! (cruise food... ohno!) :grumble: I wish I could do more personals etc. but I am in such a rush... just glad I could check in!!! hope everyone is having a happy healthy day! :bigsmile:
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    My :heart: for today is that I love that when I where "workout clothes" now, i don't look in the mirror and think I'm just trying to fake it, I'm actually starting to look like I "belong" in a gym. I know it sounds silly because there are all shapes and sizes at the gym, buy there's always that little voice in your head telling you silly things. It makes the workouts a heck of a lot better when you feel better going though!!!!

check in later!!

AmyLou..Wow, That is SOO what I have been thinking the past few weeks!! Its so crazy!! When it comes up in conversation that I workout at a gym, people dont look at me like "Yea right, she wishes!" they are like yea where at and will discuss fitness with me!!! Its soo crazy bc I never thought I would be having conversations like that!! And actually having people ask me advice!!!!
    And our similar dating probs.. I hope yours is getting better! My friend "Alex" went out of town last Saturday and I didnt expect to hear from him til he returned home due to "bad cell reception" where he travels to, but he actually called Monday.. I was very surprised, but still no date! He even mentioned Vday and was surprised that I didnt have a "hot date" yet..then went on to say that he treats himself to dinner on Vday.. Yea so there goes that hope of a nice date with HIM on Vday lol! Oh well!

Kristin- Enjoy your vacation!!! Take some pics with the lil baby bump, I bet you look sooo adorable!!! I had really bad "morning" sickness when I was prego..It was anytime sickness really..I couldnt stand the smell of anything cooking, couldnt eat anything greasy or heavy for the first 6 months, the smell or taste of mint (and I LOVE mint!!!) would send me to the toilet and I was sick every single time I brushed my teeth lol. I even had to switch prenatal vitamins bc the first kind made me sick (generic Citrical prenatal vitamins). Make sure to get a pregnancy day to day book to keep notes and such in.. I had a calendar and 2 notebooks and I love looking back at them now!! There was a section where I wrote the baby a note once a week and it is sooo cool to look back at that now, and Im sure my daughter will enjoy it when she is older!!! Have fun on your trip and be safe!!!! :flowerforyou:

Pedal and Robin- I hope you ladies feel better soon!! I guess its just that time of year for everything to be going around!!! Remember lots of fluid and rest as much as you can :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Cathy- I can imagine how frustrated you are with this!!! I hope it gets better soon!!! Im glad you are recovering well!!

Shanell- Next time you go out to eat, if you can before hand, check out this website www.eatthis.com It has a ton of places on it that you can check the nutritional content and it shows you which meals to avoid and the better options!! It will really surprise you!!! Example- Chik-fil-a: It says to avoid the cool wrap (which I thought was always a healthy option) and go for the grilled chicken sandwich instead! Its really neat and can help you make a better choice when going out to eat :smile:

Okay so despite the fact that Ive been bummed about being so bad with food lately.. I am still hitting the gym and attempting to make better food choices!! I did slip up last night, I ate a grilled chicken salad from ChikfilA, as well as small fries. I shouldnt have, but I am finding the more I deny myself, the more I pig out when I DO give in to my urges. I WANTED a regular chik fil a sandwich and fries..but I told myself I could have fries IF I chose the salad as my meal.

I am also trying to eliminate those bad items in my house.. cookies, chips, etc etc. I buy them for my daughter mainly, with the thought that I can control myself and avoid them (I did a few months ago afterall) but right now I dont have that will power! I guess from being a little relaxed on food choices through the holidays I have depleted my will power..! So I am starting to work on that again!

A question for those of you around 160-180lbs in weight... About how many lbs do you lose on a weekly basis on average? Monthly? And do you feel it is safe?? I have been so used to losing ATLEAST 2lbs/week and more sometimes which totals around 8-10lbs/ month..Well now I am slowing down and its getting frustrating. Realisticly, how much can I expect to lose in a week/month now? The high and low numbers! Im not going to kill or starve myself to keep losing 10lbs/month but Im just wondering what I should be expecting to see so I dont get disappointed. Since January Ive lost about 5-6lbs. Should I be happy with this?? Cause it seems like such a LOW number to me, :laugh:

So anyway, today is my off day from classes and I will go to the gym at some point today. I may go visit some family and if I do, that will put me at the gym a little later this evening!

I hope you ALL have a great day and stay warm!!! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Hi Katy! I will take pictures, and I think it is a great idea to journal, which i have not yet been doing. I should start, for sure! I was thinking even about checking out some baby books where I could start to keep things for this little one!

On losing...let me tell you, it is a LOT slower when you are at a lower weight. I started here with the sixers (on our first thread way back when) at 173 pounds (I think anyways...maybe it was a little more). And although I have had some bad days and whatever, I was still losing. It just took me much longer. So...I was down to 155.5 pre-baby (I've gained 2.5 pounds now). So...it will happen for you, I would just look forward to more like a pound a week as opposed to two. But everyone is different, so you may lose more or less quickly. But you're going to have to start looking at it over longer periods of time...at least that's what I did. I looked at over the six week challenge...did I lose? If I did, than that was an accomplishment, especially if I knew I was making good choices and working out regularly as normal. And you have made such amazing progress..so I'm sure you will continue to! What is your goal weight? (If you don't mind me asking). You can't have too much farther to go...look at how fabulous you look!:love: Anyways...these are just some of my thoughts. Hopefully a little help!:wink:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    katy.....that sounds about right to be losing, since you are nearing your final goal. let your body tell you where it wants to be. i think the slower you get the last few off the more likely to stay off.
    have fun on vaca kistin.....will miss you and baby bump. :wink:
    pedal...hope you feel better.
    katie....glad your feeling better,have a good day at work....
    strawberry....boy you have had a rough time with this "whatever it is"...hope you get better soon.
    dr. tamm....hope your move has gone smooth?
    dr.tamms sister....did you lose us?
    shanell...come on now....get your butt back....need to set a number of times you eat out....

i did the wii fitness coach for 30 today. felt soooo good. wanted to go longer, but, as it is only suppose to be walking. i never thought i would want to get back to the gym so bad. i don't see the surgeon until the 18th. i might try the gym before than just to see. yes, i am being careful. maybe just do the fitness coach until i see him. he also said to listen to my body and aches and pains. which i am doing.

well, time to work on the budget, got the van taxes in the mail yesterday, yucky. than eat some lunch and lay on the couch for a bit.

later.....
  • strawberryblonde1
    Options
    :flowerforyou: katy. i just had to respond to your question... because I went through the same transition from a 2+lb loss per week to MUCH less than that... I am at 149 right now (but that goes up and down on a daily basis)... anyways I have found that I may see a loss every other week (about 1 lb) I haven't been able to lose more than 5 in a month in a while now... but I know that it is because a) the holidays b) i am within a healthy range and my body would be happy right where it is (unfortunently i am not :grumble: :wink: ) anyways you seem to be doing great!!!! if it slows down more, which it may, you may want to try and track inches or BMI if you are frusterated with the scale... they tend to be more telling once you get closer and closer to your goal (when the scale stops, or seems to atleast :smile: ) stick with it... you have come so far!!! :flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    good morning ladies......
    wow we fell to middle of page 2.......where is everyone?

i struggled yesterday, but, made it through. i just want to eat. all is good. son and DH seem to be getting sick. i could ramble on, but, i won't.....

hope everyone is doing good?????

here's to you:drinker: going to finish watching "the beast" and than do my fitness pal workout.

later
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Morning ladies!!

I'm down .2 this morning so that's promising!! SOOOO glad its Friday.

More later, need to get some breakfast.
    :heart:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Morning gals! Not much time...gotta get some work done to leave by noon...then to get some groceries and finish packing...so I may not be on anymore now until home from my trip! Everyone have a good week and I'll talk to you AFTER Valentine's Day!!!!

Love you all!!!!!:heart::flowerforyou: :heart:
  • KatieEppers
    Options
    Morning girls! No change in weight for me this morning, which is only a little disheartening since I was so sick on Wednesday and barely ate, I thought surely that would have some effect on the scale this week. Oh well, I am just pleased it wasn't a gain. I haven't worked out since Saturday morning. Partially from laziness, partially from busyness, partially from sickness. So, I am going to head to the gym this afternoon between work and coming home in time for hubby to leave for Waterloo for Guard this weekend. I HAVE GOT TO GET TO THE GYM! Not going is not an option. Hope all is well with those who were sick. Hope to hear more from others soon.

Here is the new Haiku for the day:

"Sara Lee puzzles
    over her sudden weight gain.
    A pound cake, indeed."

My love for today. Hmmm....I love that I get to test out my new HRM this afternoon and see what lies the treadmill has been telling me about calories burned.

Have a great day, all!
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    Hello ladies. Up a little this morning, but I was over 3000 mg on sodium yesterday (mmmmm jambalaya and sausage-- so worth it) and I figure it's from that.

When I drove the kids to school today, I forgot my wonderful 32 oz water bottle. After selling lunch tickets, I went shopping. Ooooh, lots of bad choices, even though I had a list and I stayed mostly in the perimeter of the store. Remember, I have to hit all the deptartments for my secret shopper sheets. Well, in the deli, instead of getting cheese or broccoli salad like I normally do, I got two pieces of pistachio torte. I love that stuff, and instead of only getting one (which I would have to share with my DH), I got 2, so I could have one all to myself. In the bakery, I got two donuts. Not enough that I could give them to the kids, and once again, not one, that I would have to share with DH. And to top it all off, a 20 oz Mountain Dew (not even diet Mt. Dew) when I went through the checkout, because I was thirsty.

Looking back, I realize I was thirsty the entire time I was shopping, and I think that by being that thirsty, I left myself open to those not so good choices. Kind of like mistaking hunger for thirst. And I'm thinking this, mainly because I did drink the Dew as soon as I walked out of the store, and had it gone by the time I got home, where I almost immediately swigged half my jug of water. Since then, I haven't even had the urge to eat the donuts, or the pistachio torte.

So now I know.... lol
  • KatieEppers
    Options
    Ok ladies, I had a HUGE piece of chocolate cake when I got home. I wasn't able to get to the gym yet, don't ask DH kinda got in the way of that, URGH!!! Oh well. The kiddos want to go swim at the Y so maybe I can salvage my gym time after all. YAY! I am going to test out the waterproffness of my HRM. Check back in later.
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    Ok ladies, I had a HUGE piece of chocolate cake when I got home. I wasn't able to get to the gym yet, don't ask DH kinda got in the way of that, URGH!!! Oh well. The kiddos want to go swim at the Y so maybe I can salvage my gym time after all. YAY! I am going to test out the waterproffness of my HRM. Check back in later.

My HRM is water resistant, but warned that it wouldn't transmit in the water. I tried it anyways, and it seemed to work fine. I don't wear it every time I go in for water aerobics or swimming, but just every now and then to see how I'm doing.
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Hey ladies..... I'm getting my furniture tomorrow. I just wanted to tell you that my little sister.... Gonabfit will be communicating w/ us soon. She wants to join us in our challenge quests. I told her she can post here and get to know everyone before the next challenge.

Take care!!!!

Tamm