A work in progress..

Options

Replies

• krael65
    krael65 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Wow - so inspiring! Congratulations, and great job on all of your hard work. :smile:
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You are a true hero and a inspiration to everyone here.
    Words simply cannot say the amazing message your pictures convey.
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    What a remarkable change!! Your story is helping so many people - thanks for sharing it!
  • skinneeme007
    skinneeme007 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You look incredible!! Thank you so much for sharing your story and updating with your progress. I don't know how I haven't seen this thread before, but I really needed this motivation tonight! Great job!!!
  • venuscaelestis
    venuscaelestis Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an inspiration you are!
  • aettinger448
    aettinger448 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow! I finally get to see the pics! I was so excited to find this post! You are such an inspiration to me!
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    You are seriously one of the most inspirational people I have had the pleasure of reading about.

For many years, I used my asthma as an excuse to be lazy. Now that I don't, I'm continually reminded of all the things I missed out on because of all my excuses. I'm thrilled you have also come to that understanding.

You also give me hope that a family member with similar health issues to yours may eventually lead an active lifestyle with me rather than stay on the sidelines forever using her health issues as an excuse.

Thank you and power on you strong and amazing person!
  • blh202
    blh202 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    WOOOW!!!! How inspiring. Keep up the awesome work.
  • ShrinkingViolet1982
    ShrinkingViolet1982 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration.
  • aes042
    aes042 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are just the best. I was sheepish about going to the gym before I read this and now I want to go crush it. Thank you for the inspiration and I can't wait for the next installment!
  • gers1976
    gers1976 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You look amazing ! I'm just on my second week, but what caught me with you was hypermobility. I also have this and it does hold me back somewhat my hips sublux to much but hopefully small and little steps will help me on my way
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    gers1976 wrote: »
    You look amazing ! I'm just on my second week, but what caught me with you was hypermobility. I also have this and it does hold me back somewhat my hips sublux to much but hopefully small and little steps will help me on my way

Hi, I found that strength training really helped with the sublexing (mine was my ankle). By using free weights you strengthen all those little stabilising muscles which in turn hold the joints in place better. If you can find a trainer that understands hypermobility then get them to teach you the lifts (although I can squat *kitten* to grass my trainer doesn't have me doing it with heavy weights due to the risks). I still have some clicking in my hips when doing mountain climbers but everything is improving both in stability and flexibility (many people don't realise that us bendies can end up with reduced range of movement thanks to reccurrent injury and fear of sublexing/dislocating).

• mandyherbo
    mandyherbo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well done you what a great achievement so far
  • veggie16mfp
    veggie16mfp Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You are AMAZING!!!! You look AMAZING and you look like you feel amazing!!! So inspirational. Continued success with your next set of goals. Do you recognise yourself when you look in the mirror? Xx
  • jacieretz
    jacieretz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What an achievement! Congratulations!! Your dedication to your program is awesome, and it's really great to hear that the struggle will be worth it! Thanks for sharing your journey.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!