Bootie Busters (closed group)

Options

Replies

• tonicia
    tonicia Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I also agree...you're not getting out of this..You CAN do it. I will most likely be splitting them up too. but that's why were on a team...so we can cheer each other on and tell you that you can do it when you think you can't. = ) Break it up as much as you need to but you can do it. Excited to start! I also had no clue what up/downs were. haha. And damnit Timeforme23 for reminding me that this is not a replacement for other working out. I almost got away with it! lol. Start weight as of now....151lbs.
  • Choirgirl37
    Choirgirl37 Posts: 255
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I'm Keneya, a 39 yr. wholesale banker and in my spare time, I'm TTC my first child, something I'm hoping to have accomplished in 2012 :-) This will get easier -much easier if I'm not over-weight or obese. I'm excited about this challenge and you can expect 100% every day from me because I thrive on competitions. In August, my goal is to lose 10 lbs. In addition to this challenge, I'm also starting a second round of C25k on August 1.

My starting weight is 211.5

Let's do this.
  • TheGreatYaYa
    TheGreatYaYa Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    GothicProphet,

WOW! I am Totally impressed. You did a FANTASTIC job. Thanks, thanks and more thanks! You've just made things so much easier for us to keep up with. Now, will you do my Ups and Downs for me? :)

Really, you did a great job on the calendar...we couldn't ask for anything more. Way to kick butt!!
  • TheGreatYaYa
    Options
    If any of you want, I created a google Calendar.

Currently it just contains the days and what will be the challenges for the first week...

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=7bor1869s8i1v92mltvtv7a87g@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York

Comments, constructive criticism, appreciated.
  • TheGreatYaYa
    Options
    Sorry gang, like I said, I'm the grandma in the bunch and I'm trying to get the hang of how these post boxes work.
  • TheGreatYaYa
    Options

Currently it just contains the days and what will be the challenges for the first week...

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=7bor1869s8i1v92mltvtv7a87g@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York

• TheGreatYaYa
    Options
    I was trying to post a response with GothicProphet's post in quotes and then have my response directly below his...how do I do that?
  • TheGreatYaYa
    Options

Now I KNOW you can do a squat lunge... I dont like to do them ... but I can do them. Squat lunges are where you step forward (or back if you have bad knees) and bend your back knee to the ground.

Up downs and brutal ... but basically you jump straight up .... then squat...... then feet out for plank, then jump feet back into hands ... then stand up ... jump up ... and repeat ...

Thanks I didnt know what these were. Ive never heard it termed up down. I thought it was sumo burpee. Silly workout names lol
  • TheGreatYaYa
    Options
    Great! As long as I can split it up into as many sets as I need, I'll get it done. But, honestly, your earlier post last evening said some concessions could be made for beginners and I KNOW I can't do those Ups and Downs right now...maybe in a few weeks. Is there some other exercise I can do as a substitute? I'm reallly serious. You just have no concept of how out of shape I am. When I get down on the floor to play with the dog or something, I can't get up without help. It's embarrassing, yes, and that's why I'm here, but that's the simple truth. I can't get up off the floor without help at this stage of my life.

I'll take on the squat lunges and give it my best shot and I don't see any problem with any of the others. Part of it is that I have weakness in my legs due to a neurological problem that has developed over the past few years. There have been a few times when my legs wouldn't work at all, like if I was sitting and trying to get up, they wouldn't move. Thankfully, that has only happened twice. But, believe me, it was the most frightening thing I've ever experienced. My neurologist says it may never happen again or it might...it's an uncertainity. Sorry, I didn't want to get into my personal medical problems. I'm not a wimp; I have a yet undiagnosed neurological problem that has affected my legs and my brain. So, NOW do you want to kick me off the team? Kidding...LOL.
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options

Great Idea!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Great! As long as I can split it up into as many sets as I need, I'll get it done. But, honestly, your earlier post last evening said some concessions could be made for beginners and I KNOW I can't do those Ups and Downs right now...maybe in a few weeks. Is there some other exercise I can do as a substitute? I'm reallly serious. You just have no concept of how out of shape I am. When I get down on the floor to play with the dog or something, I can't get up without help. It's embarrassing, yes, and that's why I'm here, but that's the simple truth. I can't get up off the floor without help at this stage of my life.

I'll take on the squat lunges and give it my best shot and I don't see any problem with any of the others. Part of it is that I have weakness in my legs due to a neurological problem that has developed over the past few years. There have been a few times when my legs wouldn't work at all, like if I was sitting and trying to get up, they wouldn't move. Thankfully, that has only happened twice. But, believe me, it was the most frightening thing I've ever experienced. My neurologist says it may never happen again or it might...it's an uncertainity. Sorry, I didn't want to get into my personal medical problems. I'm not a wimp; I have a yet undiagnosed neurological problem that has affected my legs and my brain. So, NOW do you want to kick me off the team? Kidding...LOL.

Sounds like you are a fighter. When you are out of shape, it takes alot of effort to get the body to do those things!
    I dont know what the modified up/downs are ... but I want you to promise me that you will get down to the ground... any way ... and then get up ... even if you only do one ... :) You can always build on that success.

I am going to try and train myself to do push ups on my toes... I dont think I can do one yet ... but Im going to keep trying!!
  • susanb_16
    susanb_16 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I haven't had the chance to introduce myself. I am Susan 41 - I have one son who will be heading back to college soon. I work for an online brokerage firm as a quality evaluator. This challenge will definately be interesting as I try to do this my regular workouts and study for another license. :) I'm glad someone is out there to help me stay organized and created the google calendar. :)

My Starting weight is 155.6
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Options
    Couple of notes.

1. LisaB is camping and has no internet but she says hi and will introducing herself when she gets back sunday/monday. I only
    have one person unaccounted for and im looking into it.

2. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO SAID "WTF IS AN UP DOWN?!" Dont worry, I did too. I emailed Gary for clarification and he sent me this . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/sixpackshortcuts?v=bkD9LwDBWW0&feature=pyv&ad=7237549087&kw=exercise

"The very first part of this exercise is the up and downs. They may be modified by simply starting on all 4's and then standing up quickly and returning to this position to all 4's. This is a cardio exercise! Don't be freaked out but all he is doing just do the first part and modify if needed."

FYI - if you dont want to listen to him talk, the "first part" starts about 1minuite and 50 seconds in. And Gary even offerred a great way to modify it. Just start on all fours and stand up!!!

3. If you have any more questions or concerns just speak up :-)
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Options
    And please dont forget I need your starting weights by tomorrow! Thanks everyone :-)
  • shawnalaufer
    Options
    my weight: 167.2
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm Dee Married mother of an 8 year old from London, England. Good luck to you all.

My weight is 196.5
  • Ladydi1982
    Ladydi1982 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Starting weight is 213.0 !!! :o)
  • TheGreatYaYa
    Options
    Thanks for your positive support and encouragement emma...I promise you I will get down on alll fours and somehow get back up. You are a true inspiration....
  • TheGreatYaYa
    Options
    Will somebody pls. educate this inexperienced message board woman on how to do this.

1) How do I quote the message I'm responding to and then have my response end up directly below it so that it's together and not 5 posts later down the page?

I've tried several different things and it hasn't worked out so well...LOL.

Didn't know y'all were dealing with a message board amateur did ya? I'll catch on though...no worries.
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    And please dont forget I need your starting weights by tomorrow! Thanks everyone :-)

By tomorrow or by end of day tomorrow? I was going to change my weigh in day to Sunday.