Finally broke my plateau! 108lb gone!

Options
2»

Replies

• ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    What an amazing journey, you look great!
  • cajunchicla2
    cajunchicla2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • seramachickens
    seramachickens Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Love that Cheshire Cat grin in the last pic! You look great. (I tell myself my goal is to lose 50# but truly I need to lose 110#, I just can't ever see myself achieving that! Thanks for sharing to show me it is possible! )
  • cajunchicla2
    Options
    Love that Cheshire Cat grin in the last pic! You look great. (I tell myself my goal is to lose 50# but truly I need to lose 110#, I just can't ever see myself achieving that! Thanks for sharing to show me it is possible! )

It is very much possible!!!! You've got this :)
  • smallsteps2success
    smallsteps2success Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You're so inspirational! Thanks for sharing =)
  • MrsR99
    MrsR99 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing job!! I'm just 4 weeks into my journey with a long way to go, and seeing posts like yours helps keep me focused and motivated! Thank you for sharing!
  • cajunchicla2
    Options
    MrsR99 wrote: »
    Wow, amazing job!! I'm just 4 weeks into my journey with a long way to go, and seeing posts like yours helps keep me focused and motivated! Thank you for sharing!

I'm so glad I could be an inspiration!!! You've got this. :smiley:
  • redcows3185
    redcows3185 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can't see the photos for some reason, but your progress inspires me to keep going. I had Gastric Bypass surgery in 2009. I lost 135 lbs in just over a year. I felt great in all kinds of ways, simple things like I could cross my legs again, I could lay my new baby grandson on my lap (I hadn't had a lap in years LOL), I fit in any chair anywhere, I could go buy jeans in size 14 and take them home knowing they would fit. But then life happened, losses of loved ones, job stress, depression, anxiety etc. So I grazed my way through it using my old coping skill of comforting myself with food. Life got worse, depression got worse so I just kept eating. I've gained 100 lbs back over a 4 year course. For what? For that momentary feel good meal. Now here I am still recovering from the worst depressive episode I've ever had. So this is the first time that I've even entertained the idea of eating healthier, portion control & exercise. But I'm doing it! Today I got discouraged, feeling very much alone in this and even considered throwing in the towel. With tears in my eyes, I somehow stumbled onto your post. Thank you for taking the time to encourage people like me.
    Laura Fisk
    Arkansas
    I can't see the photos for some reason, but your progress inspires me to keep going. I had Gastric Bypass surgery in 2009. I lost 135 lbs in just over a year. I felt great in all kinds of ways, simple things like I could cross my legs again, I could lay my new baby grandson on my lap (I hadn't had a lap in years LOL), I fit in any chair anywhere, I could go buy jeans in size 14 and take them home knowing they would fit. But then life happened, losses of loved ones, job stress, depression, anxiety etc. So I grazed my way through it using my old coping skill of comforting myself with food. Life got worse, depression got worse so I just kept eating. I've gained 100 lbs back over a 4 year course. For what? For that momentary feel good meal. Now here I am still recovering from the worst depressive episode I've ever had. So this is the first time that I've even entertained the idea of eating healthier, portion control & exercise. But I'm doing it! Today I got discouraged, feeling very much alone in this and even considered throwing in the towel. With tears in my eyes, I somehow stumbled onto your post. Thank you for taking the time to encourage people like me.
    Laura Fisk
    Arkansas
    Laura Fisk
    Arkansas
    Laura Fisk
    Arkansas

• redcows3185
    redcows3185 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Can definitely relate to the emotional eating. I am the same way. Over the past 4years I gained 80 pounds. Divorce. Death of parents. Then a llove relationship gone bad. Have started doing points on weight watchers but now also thinking about watching calories. Haven't started exercising but hoping to at least start moving more. Walking a little. Have been a hermit and won't allow old friends see me. So embarrassed by my fatness. So you are not alone. Maybe we can both get back on track. Although I did not have surgery my daughter did and she is also struggling.
  • JamieAmble
    JamieAmble Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great job! You have done it the right way!
  • staylo1313
    staylo1313 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job!
  • cajunchicla2
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words! For the ones asking what i did to get out of the plateau...
    I went into beast mode! I was tired of seeing what I had left to do in the mirror and I got fed up. So here's my routine! I know some will think it's crazy, but this is what has worked for me:
    Every morning I go to the gym on an empty stomach and do 30-60 min of cardio. If I do 30 min I do HIIT and if I do 60 min I just intervals on the treadmill of hill training. I do cardio 7 days a week because I crave it! It's my outlet for stress. Then 5 days a week I do weight training. I'm following the arold program right now. As far as diet: immediately following my morning routine I have a protein shake, for breakfast I eat oatmeal with 3 egg whites and a whole egg, for mid morning snack I'll either have another protein shake or some nuts, for lunch I'll have a carb with protein and veggie, mid afternoon snack is usually same as mid morning snack, then for dinner I'll have protein and veggie and if I'm hungry I'll have a protein shake for dinner. I stay between 1500-1800 cals and I eat my weight in grams of protein. On the weekends I'll usually do 1200 cals because I'm not doing weights.

I know this sounds insane, but I can see a drastic difference in just 3 weeks since I've been doing it and I've dropped a pant size! I've been on this journey for 3 years and was ready to up the pace! I've done my research and spoken to many personal trainers and a nutritionist before i took this on! I'm not saying it's for everyone, but it's working for me! I hope this helps :)

That's Ab So Frickin Lute Ly impressive. Not so much that you went into beast mode, but that you went all the way into beast mode after having already lost ~100 lb with the way you were doing it before.
  • AskMorphis
    AskMorphis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Congratulations ! Your hard work is paying off :smiley:
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    You look Marvelous! Great job there!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    congrats that is amazing keep at it
  • Pepsab
    Pepsab Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!