Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

5'1 Ladies- what are your maintenance calories?

Replies

• nottellingit
    nottellingit Posts: 19 Member
    5'2 and 118-121 lbs. I get at least 10K steps a day. I try to keep myself to 1500-1600 calories/day but I suspect my TDEE is a bit higher because I occasionally go over a few hundred calories without compensating and don't gain
  • 125Suz
    125Suz Posts: 4 Member
    This is a really helpful topic! I'm 53 and 5'3" (ha!) and lose at about 1000-1200C calories during the week. I need to stay in this range over the weekend to maintain my progress. I think maintenance will be in this range during the week with a little room for extra calories over the weekend when we like to eat out.
  • DaneDog28
    DaneDog28 Posts: 11 Member
    I am 5'3", about 115, 38 years old with a desk job. I try to eat around 1500 a day however, at 110 pounds my stomach is flat and I have no butt (literally), but with heavy lifting and what not, I've put on a few pounds of muscle and now have a booty and fill out my jeans better. Unfortunately my stomach has a small pooch and there is a little "spillage" around the back (not sure what thats called). For me, its either eat more and have a butt, or eat less and have your jeans sag off you in the back.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Yes, being a shortie sucks, especially if you are no longer 20 and can't afford to hit the gym regularly. People who have 2000 cals a day are trolls and can keep their comments for themselves

How are they trolls?
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Yes, being a shortie sucks, especially if you are no longer 20 and can't afford to hit the gym regularly. People who have 2000 cals a day are trolls and can keep their comments for themselves

How are they trolls?

I was wondering this as well.
    Granted I have another 40 lbs or so to lose, but I'm 5'1'' and maintain on about 2500.

I would be interested to see how maintenance cals have changed as people got to goal weight. I'm down almost 40 lbs and there doesn't seem to be a huge difference at this point, but maybe that will change?
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    If memory serves, I believe mine were calculated at 1490 net at 135 lbs, 1400 net at 118 lb.
    + average of ~400 calories from exercise (mix of weight training, cycling, running, dancing).
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 5,060 Member
    I think the troll thing was a joke. We all wish we could lose or maintain at 2k or more. Will try to join the petite group once I hit maintenance. Thanks for the link.
  • EnolaGrey
    EnolaGrey Posts: 9 Member
    I'm still losing on 1500 calories a day, I still have around 22lb to lose. I'm 5'1.5" tall, I'll be 57 at the end of the month and I'll be dropping my calorie allowance by 10 calories a day. I've been losing well recently on around 1350 calories a day. I'm prepared for a maintenance level of around 1400-1500 calories a day. I'll wait and see what happens.
  • AgileK9
    AgileK9 Posts: 255 Member
    @summerskier...what number are you putting in for "cal"?

Thanks!
  • Determined_Missy
    Determined_Missy Posts: 33 Member
    I am 5'1and a half. I was 5'2" but age has taken a toll. I am 65. I was in maintenance at around 1300 to 1400 calories a day. But I stopped maintenance and was eating anything that I wanted. Now I need to lose 18 pounds. MFP's suggestion of 1200 calories to lose weight is a joke for me. I need to stay close to 1000 calories in order to lose weight in any kind of timely manner. I tend to have some sedentary days but find myself busy many days. Right now I am walking for exercise. Does anyone else get frustrated when logging your walking speed and MFP says it is a leisurely walk and you have worked up a sweat and are walking fast?
  • SummerSkier
    @AgileK9 Not sure if you are asking about the spreadsheet ? In that I put the actual cals eaten per day. There is a way to export from MFP but I am not that smart...

I am eating between 1k and 1050 per day and not eating exercise back. My rate of loss to date has been an avg of 1.5 per week but I expect it to go more slowly the next month or so as I only have about 8 or 9 left to meet my planned goal. The TDEE cal says I can eat 1125 per day to lose at 1.5 per week so given all the margins of error (and with less calories they inflate quickly) I think that's about right. It says TDEE is about 1800-1900 but I am pretty active with jogging and horseback riding etc. I would probably gain weight if I ate back all my exercise calories allotted each day or just maintain. I am a REALLY good dieter. sadly. And honestly I don't ever remember ending a diet without a binge. So my focus this time is to research as much as I can about maintaining and keep an eye on the #s closely. Weighing all solids is really eye opening. Just comparing a cup of cereal to 21 oz shows the margins of error.
  • AgileK9
    AgileK9 Posts: 255 Member
    @AgileK9 Not sure if you are asking about the spreadsheet ? In that I put the actual cals eaten per day. There is a way to export from MFP but I am not that smart...

I am eating between 1k and 1050 per day and not eating exercise back. My rate of loss to date has been an avg of 1.5 per week but I expect it to go more slowly the next month or so as I only have about 8 or 9 left to meet my planned goal. The TDEE cal says I can eat 1125 per day to lose at 1.5 per week so given all the margins of error (and with less calories they inflate quickly) I think that's about right. It says TDEE is about 1800-1900 but I am pretty active with jogging and horseback riding etc. I would probably gain weight if I ate back all my exercise calories allotted each day or just maintain. I am a REALLY good dieter. sadly. And honestly I don't ever remember ending a diet without a binge. So my focus this time is to research as much as I can about maintaining and keep an eye on the #s closely. Weighing all solids is really eye opening. Just comparing a cup of cereal to 21 oz shows the margins of error.

Thanks! Yes I was wondering about the spreadsheet...sorry
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    I'm 45 am 4'11 and weigh between 97-99 pounds on any given morning. I average 15,000 steps a day and seem to be maintaining at around 2000 calories which seems much higher than most others here.

Not too far off from me...on days where I run 5-6 miles at a harder pace or dance for 3-4 hours straight (mostly fast styles in a lead heavy venue) (either adding ~500 calories), I get ~14000ish steps. With net maintenance of ~1450-1500ish (this seems to largely match up with 1-wk buffered moving average of my weight compared with moving average of net calories over initial maintenance estimate), that brings me to close to 2000 calories on those days.

Unfortunately, I can't fit that much in on more than half of my days (have to fit in strength training several days; requires a lead heavy dance venue and a faster dance style; have to make time occasionally for adulting - ie food prep, laundry, dishes, groceries,..).

With additional dancing on run/weight training days and cycling to/between/from dance-only-day venues, it mostly balances out with the less active days above, though. My average exercise calories came out to ~400/day for the last few months. Usually a combination of a shorter run or weight training + dancing.

I'm still trying to lose some more weight (have met my initial goal, and with the weight training look better than I had previously at a slightly higher weight, but would definitely look better with a bit less weight), so not quite at maintenance yet. Currently at 115 lb (4'10").

• BlessedBeyondMsr
    BlessedBeyondMsr Posts: 65 Member
    Has anyone tried to join The petite maintenance group using the link provided in this thread, and been added to the group? I have tried and have not been added. Maybe the group admin is on vacation?
  • SummerSkier
    maybe we could start our own group. I haven't tried to join because it is pretty specific that you have to be in maintenance and I am not quite there yet.