Sudden belly fat???

Options

Replies

• Jalsandy
    Jalsandy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Jalsandy wrote: »
    Except you put it out here. If you want to keep it your "beeswax," maybe don't do that next time.

Having someone be so freaked out over a bit of water weight is concerning to me. It screams of all kinds of issues, starting with body dysmorphia.

And there you go again, telling people what to do with their business. Easy on your ego. This post was not meant for you, although it seems like you like to think it is, it's a forum where anyone and everyone can ask, including yourself who happens to have an account here and comment on people 's posts then dictate what we should or shouldn't share :D mhmm ok...

You could have easily said it may be water retention. Then maybe I wouldn't feel the need to worry. Just a little bit of insight on what human beings are like, we naturally freak out over things that we can't explain. It's normal. It's even awesome. If you dont do that, then you're the kind of person who'd break an arm and dismiss it as blah and never see a doctor. That's not healthy. However, now that I know that it's water retention; aka an explanation that i can now work on solving, I will not bother your hypersensitive personality with my "miniscule" worries :D good day!

I agree with quiksylver's original post. Your subsequent posts scream "hypersensitive reaction to being called out on body dysmorphic thinking." There was nothing rude about her post to you. If anything, I saw it as somebody being concerned and looking past the surface level issue that you are focused on. Your initial post does continue a whole lot of woo and I can see where she was coming from. Instead of getting upset about it, you should give her words some serious thought.

So i wouldn't go all "wow she's so concerned she gave me so much to think about." I actually felt like the onlu thing I should think about is "what is wrong with this aggressive person? Jeez"
  • Jalsandy
    Options
    Except you put it out here. If you want to keep it your "beeswax," maybe don't do that next time.

Having someone be so freaked out over a bit of water weight is concerning to me. It screams of all kinds of issues, starting with body dysmorphia.

And there you go again, telling people what to do with their business. Easy on your ego. This post was not meant for you, although it seems like you like to think it is, it's a forum where anyone and everyone can ask, including yourself who happens to have an account here and comment on people 's posts then dictate what we should or shouldn't share :D mhmm ok...

You could have easily said it may be water retention. Then maybe I wouldn't feel the need to worry. Just a little bit of insight on what human beings are like, we naturally freak out over things that we can't explain. It's normal. It's even awesome. If you dont do that, then you're the kind of person who'd break an arm and dismiss it as blah and never see a doctor. That's not healthy. However, now that I know that it's water retention; aka an explanation that i can now work on solving, I will not bother your hypersensitive personality with my "miniscule" worries :D good day!

I agree with quiksylver's original post. Your subsequent posts scream "hypersensitive reaction to being called out on body dysmorphic thinking." There was nothing rude about her post to you. If anything, I saw it as somebody being concerned and looking past the surface level issue that you are focused on. Your initial post does continue a whole lot of woo and I can see where she was coming from. Instead of getting upset about it, you should give her words some serious thought.

One person up there in the comments simply wrote "water retention" period. See how simple, helpful and awesome that was? And I actually did my research and based some changes on it. Do people have to be rude to get their point across? What value does it give it?
  • Jalsandy
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

One person up there in the comments simply wrote "water retention" period. See how simple, helpful and awesome that was? And I actually did my research and based some changes on it. Do people have to be rude to get their point across? What value does it give it?

You appear to have found the water retention suggestion helpful because you agree with it. Body dysmorphia, on the other hand, has obviously struck a nerve with you. It's a valid concern though.

Not really, cuz I haven't really researched what it is. Didn't bother :wink:
  • Jalsandy
    Options

Her comment was disrespectful. What exactly made it disrespectful to you? It was one question and one observation.

2 sentences of judgment and a rude way of speaking I wasn't speaking, I was typing without tone or inflection. How you chose to read into those two sentences, typed out, is on you.

not anything of value that i can use I disagree. Perhaps, you were overthinking and over-reacting to a minor issue and if you did some serious introspection you could find a way to handle issues like this better next time..

A concerned person with good intentions would comment with sth respectful, explaining their point of view politely, offering advice "politely". That's the kind of comment I would "think " about and "consider". However what shr said was immature *kitten*.Huh. Our definitions of immature *kitten* are obviously different.
    Belongs in sixth grade class.

Dude. I got my answer. The last thing I wanna do is try to reason with someone who doesn't belong anywhere in my life. Again. My life my beeswax. You chose to comment, now deal with the consequences. I can choose to value or devalue any comment I want. Yours was a bunch of useless crap. Some of the others' were helpful. Learn how to speak maturely or if you can't, then don't at all. Piece of cake. Move on.

Consequences? Of commenting on an internet thread? :D

It's been entertaining. Thanks for that.

The pleasure is all mine ;) glad to have brought some joy into your life. You seemed to have needed it. Adios! ;)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Her comment was disrespectful. What exactly made it disrespectful to you? It was one question and one observation.

2 sentences of judgment and a rude way of speaking I wasn't speaking, I was typing without tone or inflection. How you chose to read into those two sentences, typed out, is on you.

not anything of value that i can use I disagree. Perhaps, you were overthinking and over-reacting to a minor issue and if you did some serious introspection you could find a way to handle issues like this better next time..

A concerned person with good intentions would comment with sth respectful, explaining their point of view politely, offering advice "politely". That's the kind of comment I would "think " about and "consider". However what shr said was immature *kitten*.Huh. Our definitions of immature *kitten* are obviously different.

Dude. I got my answer. The last thing I wanna do is try to reason with someone who doesn't belong anywhere in my life. Again. My life my beeswax. You chose to comment, now deal with the consequences. I can choose to value or devalue any comment I want. Yours was a bunch of useless crap. Some of the others' were helpful. Learn how to speak maturely or if you can't, then don't at all. Piece of cake. Move on.

Consequences? Of commenting on an internet thread? :D

It's been entertaining. Thanks for that.

The pleasure is all mine ;) glad to have brought some joy into your life. You seemed to have needed it. Adios! ;)

Nah. My life is pretty awesome. You didn't bring joy, just some momentary entertainment.

• Jalsandy
    Options
    Don't you have to be 18 to post on MFP....?

I'm 23...
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Asking a question on the interwebs requires some thick skin and preparedness to maybe hear things you don't like. Sometimes you get answers you don't like to hear and sometimes those answers are worth considering. .

Glad you got your answer OP, but something seems to have struck a nerve over a pretty harmless comment. That is what makes people think there is something deeper going on. Sometimes it is okay to just ignore comments that are of no interest to you.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Fe-y
  • Jalsandy
    Options
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    Asking a question on the interwebs requires some thick skin and preparedness to maybe hear things you don't like. Sometimes you get answers you don't like to hear and sometimes those answers are worth considering. .

Glad you got your answer OP, but something seems to have struck a nerve over a pretty harmless comment. That is what makes people think there is something deeper going on. Sometimes it is okay to just ignore comments that are of no interest to you.

I am not very active on social media, and this is probably the first time I enter a forum. I expected a community that is cooperative and respectful, and an atmosphere where I can pose my concerns without any worry while getting good feedback that i can use. But I agree with you 100%. It was just weird lol I was a bit shocked lol sorry, I'm new to this