The snacking phenomenon..

Options
Why do you snack between meals and how often do you snack?

Replies

• Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I generally keep a stash of midmorning and afternoon snacks at work. I eat one or both about 80% of the time. Depending on the perishibility, if I don't eat them, I either keep them at work or incorporate them into my dinner. Not being hungry makes me a much more patient and effective teacher, and the only foods I'm not allergic to for sale at school aren't particularly healthy or filling. I wouldn't want to rely on them on a regular basis.
  • CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I love to have a snack at night while watching tv, usually something crunchy and salty. It's not even that I'm hungry. I just find it satisfying. Before I lost weight, I ate more and higher calorie foods for snacks. Now, it might be Skinny Pop, Popchips, or Trader Joes Cat Cookies. I measure and just eat one portion. Sometimes I'll have icecream.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    My snacking is rare enough for me to say I don't snack.
    I hope that counts as a reply in a snacking thread. :)

I have breakfast around 10am, lunch somewhere between 2-4pm, mostly dependant on my schedule and my workout, dinner between 7-8pm, desert is delayed until 9-11pm so I can fully enjoy it.

I honestly couldn't fit in snacking as well as meals, I don't know where I would find the appetite.

That is just me though- I hate feeling stuffed.

Cheees, h.
  • vcardo3995
    vcardo3995 Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I find myself snacking mostly because I'm bored I work as a nanny for an infant who spends most of his day sleeping so there's nothing for me to do but snack. So after all day of eating junk food And snacking I'm never hungry for an actual meal. I'm working on self control and hoping to get the snacking down to a bare minimum
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I've stopped snacking recently, but I would snack because of cravings such as sweet or salty things. It was because my meals weren't filling enough and so it wouldn't keep me satiated until the next meal. I've learned now to eat a bigger meal, but only eat once or twice a day (IF). It keeps me from snacking.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I like to snack because I like to eat between meals and that is when I get hungry. Also because I can :)
  • Pepsab
    Pepsab Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I will snack on fruit or have a low cal snack just to tie me over until meal time if i need to. I dont snack at all after dinner unless its an apple.
  • bababs89
    bababs89 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I snack because I'm hungry and need to eat so I don't get crazy hangry. Usually 2-3 snacks per day
  • CindyWard2
    CindyWard2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I usually have a piece of fruit between lunch and dinner, maybe around 2:30 or so. Sometimes I have something after dinner, probably more dessert than snack...but always within my calorie goal.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I generally don't, but if I get super hungry then I will
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I've decided to stop snacking and replace my snacks which sometimes topped 500 calories with an actual meal. Now I'm at 4 meals a day.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Before I started trying to lose weight I would snack out of boredom, hunger, feeling crappy, or just because I fancied something tasty.

Now - for the most part - I've reigned it in to just when I'm hungry. I was snacking between every meal to start with but now it's usually just after dinner, which is dessert so I'm not sure if that counts. Otherwise it's between lunch and dinner I'm the most likely to need a boost before making dinner, probably because I didn't eat enough lunch or dinner is going to be later than anticipated.