How many pounds did you lose before losing a size?

Options
I know this greatly varies from person to person, but I was wondering how many pounds did you lose before you saw a change in you clothing size? I've lost almost 8 pounds and I don't really notice a difference on how my clothes fit. I know I've lost little, but I just wanted to have an idea when I will be seeing any changes.

Replies

• Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Zero.....nada...zilch. I'm dead serious. I recently went down a size and lost a total of .6lbs....basically, nothing since that is water weight. I never go by the scale or how much I weigh. Everyone is different, but just sharing my experience. :-)
  • TAMMY_76
    TAMMY_76 Posts: 199
    Options
    you should start noticing at about 10lb loss..
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I agree with Tammy_76 about 10lbs
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    10-15 pounds
  • AntoinetteC
    AntoinetteC Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm down two sizes from my start weight. As of today weigh in i lost 26lbs
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I always lose in my chest first. I am noticing a big difference there and a small one in my pants. I have lost around 9 lbs
  • emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    7lbs !
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I lost about 8 lbs. and then went from about 18/20 to 16/18. Sizes are relative, though :smile:
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I think for me it was 19, then I dropped from a tight 14 to a 10. (I went shopping for 12's about 2 months ago, 10's about a month ago, and getting ready to shop again for 8's.) Although I can't seem to budge on the shirt size (XL to a L, but I don't notice much difference on shirts yet.)
  • jennykling
    jennykling Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I think it is a combination of weight and inches lost. Measure yourself as well as weigh in. I have lost 13lbs and 8 inches and have went down 2 pant sizes. I measured bust, hips, waist, arms, and thighs. Exercising plays a big role in shaping the body as well as weight loss. Good luck and keep with it. You will see results being consistent:)
  • aerodynamicvomit
    aerodynamicvomit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was (barely) in a 16 at 213, barely in a 14 at 198, but easily in the 14s at 190.
    Your first few pounds of weight loss are usually fluid/water, so that's not going to be a great deal of butt size change.
  • lesliefoste
    lesliefoste Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 pounds, and I have only gone down one size. I'm not sure if it takes me so long because I'm tall (5'10") or because I tend to wear a size until I can't possibly wear it any more (both when it's getting too big and when it's getting too small). Anyway, it takes a long time for me to move down sizes.
  • deenaspell
    deenaspell Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    It had to be at least 10 for me - usually 15lbs, though. But that's because I buy stretchy jeans, workout pants, etc.
  • mimstero
    mimstero Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I went from a 16 to a 10 and have lost about 24 pounds.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I've heard people say 8-10, I just bought my first pair of new pants in a new size (actually might have been 2 sizes) because my old pants had been REALLY tight, and also the buttoned on the waist instead of lower, so as I dropped they just kind of sagged down.

I wasn't going to buy new stuff until i was tying those pants on every day, but they were starting to get uncomfortable because they were meant to sit higher so my legs had alll this empty fabric-less void .... like a guy sagging his pants a bunch.

So for me it was 2 sizes in 30 pounds or so, but the larger size I was wearing them VERY VERY tight -- if I had gone to purchase new pants I probably would have needed to go up a size.

So I guess 1 size per 10 lbs worked out for me too.
  • Heatherbledsoe
    Heatherbledsoe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    ive lost 48 pounds, ive gone from an 18/20 to a 14/16, so not much, lol. it all depends on where youre losing from or where all the fat is, etc.
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I lost at least 20 lbs before I noticed a difference
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    About 35 pounds.
  • Jennfur2610
    Jennfur2610 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I always lose in my chest first. I am noticing a big difference there and a small one in my pants. I have lost around 9 lbs

Agreed. I'm down five pounds and the other day Hubs mentioned he could tell I was losing weight in the chest. I'll take the loss, since my bras are fitting better, but I agree it's about ten pounds.
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    15lbs is? but for pant size every 1 inch to 1 1/2 in your hips is a pant size