100 Push-ups Program

Options
airyale15
airyale15 Posts: 46 Member
Hi Guys,

Tomorrow I'll be starting the 100 Push-ups Program!

This is a 6-week challenge which is aimed at training the body to be able to do 100 push-ups in a row.
The program can be found at http://hundredpushups.com.

My initial push-up count was 31.

If you want to join me in doing this challenge feel free to follow along :smile:

Goodluck!

Replies

• guppi03
    guppi03 Posts: 21 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hey. Can I join? I could really use a motivator to start working out again.

I just checked and I can currently do 28 push-ups (for my own reference, quickly rather than slow and controlled)
  • airyale15
    Options
    definitely! The program is only 3 days a week, so if you haven't done day 1 just yet feel free to do it tomorrow :)
  • ldwatene
    ldwatene Posts: 150 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Yep I'm keen. I'll do my initial test tomorrow I just jumped into bed. Good luck to everyone.
  • airyale15
    Options
    How'd everyone go?
  • tomcat941
    tomcat941 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this. My initial test was 7. I am also doing the 30 day shred alongside this. After a day, my new count is 10 consecutive push-ups. Will probably be starting the other challenges you have posted about also :)
  • airyale15
    Options
    Awesome effort tomcat! Glad to have you onboard. Will be doing my day 2 early tomorrow morning due to basketball tonight! How'd everyone go?

• Trendline15
    Trendline15 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'll do the 100 Pushups Challenge with you. I've been doing 2 x 10 pushups and 2 x 15 situps every night before bed for a month or so.
  • nickgolledge
    nickgolledge Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Am new to MFP I log my exercise and food and look at some discussions of interest on the forum. Will start this on Monday and post progress hope everyone else who commits to it has success. Looks tough mind. I will do my initial attempt tonight I am guessing probably 20-25 will be about my limit. Good luck all!
  • szecsenyi
    szecsenyi Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    haha, my initial pushup is about 3. :/
  • reachedmylimit
    reachedmylimit Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Great idea, would love to build strength with push-ups. But I can't see what the actual program is. Do you need to "buy the book" that is mentioned in the link?
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I am down with this challenge. My question is are these chest to floor pushups or military standard with arms parallel to the floor? The difference in the range of motion will make huge a difference in reps.
  • reachedmylimit
    reachedmylimit Posts: 172 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    K I'm in, not sure how I missed the program chart when I first looked at it. Good luck to all
  • nickgolledge
    Options
    Did my initial assessment yesterday. 25. Week 1 looks really easy but having looked at weeks4-6 I am not complaining.week1 starts tomorrow.
    gearhead I read it as military standard with arms parallel to the floor
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Did my initial assessment yesterday. 25. Week 1 looks really easy but having looked at weeks4-6 I am not complaining.week1 starts tomorrow.
    gearhead I read it as military standard with arms parallel to the floor

Arms parallel it is then. My first time was 35 but I am adding this in addition to my other workout so we will see how my body reacts.

• airyale15
    Options
    hows everyone going with week 1?
  • nickgolledge
    Options
    Week 1 day 1 done. Seems really easy at this stage but looking at week 4-6 it gets tougher quickly! Everyone else doing okay?
  • nickgolledge
    Options
    week 1 day 2 done. Sticking to Monday, Wednesday, Friday which works for me. 100 seems a long way off!!!
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,891 Member
    Options
    I did this challenge several years ago. I was in good shape when I started and great shape when I finished. All done on my toes. Now at almost 57 and in poor shape am going to start on my knees if I am not to late and see where I go.

Shelley
  • nickgolledge
    Options
    Hi Shelley. Did you do the full 100 on your final test? Good luck with it, will be good to read about your progress.
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,891 Member
    Options
    I did. But it took me more like 5 months! This time I am working through a frozen shoulder. Almost healed now. This is the main reason I will be doing them on my knees. A co worker of mine holds the female title at the law enforcement academy in Douglas WY. I believe she did 103 in 1 minute. I will be doing the test tomorrow. Had an emergency with my aquarium.

Shelley