Didn't lose any weight this week

Options
Nykkismommy21
Nykkismommy21 Posts: 224 Member
edited August 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I have read enough of the forums, I think ,that I should know how this goes. But yes I didn't lose any weight this week , at one point I was up by 2 lbs which I lost again, after walking 5.3 miles yesterday. What im afraid of is that my breakfasts are holding me back. They feel soo elaborate, between my protein shakes with pb and bananas, and sometimes I have some added extras, the thing is I always stay within my calories for the day. After doing my nightly workout I still have about 300 calories maybe less. Could having too much sugar or peanut butter, hold me from losing weight even if im staying within my daily cals. I even think I undereat for my activity level. 1390 now that I started walking to take my son to school. But honestly now my walking is about 4-5 miles depending on if i have extra appts to get to walking. This post probably dont make sense. I guess between my dvd JM workout and walking all this week 4 -5 miles a day. I expected to see some more lbs lost. I'm worried my crazy breakfasts might be ti blame. Sometimes they can be up to 700 calories. But I also stop eating by 7pm . Am I worrying for nothing? Sorry for being so rambly. I have stopped myself from posting several times. But it's weighing heavy on my mind. Thank u.

Replies

• Nykkismommy21
    Options
    I have read enough of the forums, I think ,that I should know how this goes. But yes I didn't lose any weight this week , at one point I was up by 2 lbs which I lost again, after walking 5.3 miles yesterday. What im afraid of is that my breakfasts are holding me back. They feel soo elaborate, between my protein shakes with pb and bananas, and sometimes I have some added extras, the thing is I always stay within my calories for the day. After doing my nightly workout I still have about 300 calories maybe less. Could having too much sugar or peanut butter, hold me from losing weight even if im staying within my daily cals. I even think I undereat for my activity level. 1390 now that I started walking to take my son to school. But honestly now my walking is about 4-5 miles depending on if i have extra appts to get to walking. This post probably dont make sense. I guess between my dvd JM workout and walking all this week 4 -5 miles a day. I expected to see some more lbs lost. I'm worried my crazy breakfasts might be ti blame. Sometimes they can be up to 700 calories. But I also stop eating by 7pm . Am I worrying for nothing? Sorry for being so rambly. I have stopped myself from posting several times. But it's weighing heavy on my mind. Thank u.

A week is too soon too panic. ;)

You are only having "too much sugar or too much peanut butter" if eating those things is putting you over your calories allotted for the day.

How are you measuring your calorie intake?

Just reading the serving size and using measuring spoons and cups . I do plan to purchase a food scale,something digital when I get paid next month.
  • Nykkismommy21
    Options
    Also, if you've been reading the forums, you may have already seen this chart, but it's always a good place to start, since it pretty much covers all of the reasons you're not showing a weight loss on the scale. :)

cbe0g1j0gw6f.jpg

Yes, lol I have. I guess it is too soon to panic. I thought if I did everything right ,I would see weight loss weekly. I started worrying I was doing something wrong. Sometimes when I see my breakfasts so caloric I panic. Lol
  • Nykkismommy21
    Options

A week is too soon too panic. ;)

You are only having "too much sugar or too much peanut butter" if eating those things is putting you over your calories allotted for the day.

How are you measuring your calorie intake?

Just reading the serving size and using measuring spoons and cups . I do plan to purchase a food scale,something digital when I get paid next month.

I would be willing to bet there's your main issue. You are very likely eating more than you think. ;)

And you don't have to blow a lot of money on a food scale, either. I got my digital one on Amazon for @ $20.00 :)

Yeah I thought about that too, about going over a bit more, but I only have my setting to lighly active, since I am a mother of toddlers who spends time ,cooking, cleaning up after toys, walking up and down apt stairs, taking out trash ,doing laundry, and now walking son to and fro school each morning. I only include my jillian Michaels workout, and save half of those calories. The thing is I dont count my 1hr and a half of walking in my exercise, figure that gives me a bit of room for error.because if I am erring,it cant be more than an extra tspoon of pb or extra honey pecan pieces. But ,that's just my thinking, what do I know!!
  • Nykkismommy21
    Options
    jaedwa1 wrote: »

Just reading the serving size and using measuring spoons and cups . I do plan to purchase a food scale,something digital when I get paid next month. [/quote]

I agree a week is too soon to really know what's going on...but using spoons and cups to measure solids is very inaccurate, especially with highly caloric food such as peanut butter. So yes, do get that scale as soon as you possible! And try not to be too shocked when you see what an actual serving of peanut butter looks like. It's sad.

I used spoons/cups during the first two months of using MFP and only lost two pounds. Once I got the scale, I lost 9 lbs over the next two months! So there's the upside.[/quote]

Thanks ,yeah I definetley need a food scale.
  • Nykkismommy21
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I feel better, honestly. I think I just had to hear it . I left my diary open too. Just in case I needed to change something I dont see.
  • Nykkismommy21
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Is this by any chance your first month(ish) of weight loss? Some women add as many as several pounds of water weight at some point in their monthly cycle, and that can happen anytime from ovulation through menstruation. This water weight will temporarily mask fat loss from showing up on the scale, but it drops off in a few days.

If you haven't had a chance to observe your weight fluctuations through at least one full cycle plus a bit, this is a possible explanation.

Regardless, after only a week with no loss, patience is the right strategy. :)

Yes ,it's sort of my first month actually tracking thru mfp. Before this I was watching what I ate ,and trying a couple fad type stuff, and intermittent fasting, for the month prior. But now yes , tracking cals,measuring, and weighing in daily, but only counting Friday's ( it used to be Thursday).
  • HarlemNY17
    HarlemNY17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Yea don't worry about anything too much until you get you're food scale then you'll know exactly everything your consuming . Using measuring cup and spoons are either underestimated or overestimated and majority of the time its overestimated
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,558 Member
    Options
    Wanted to update this. To show how sometimes we can get ahead of ourselves and start worrying prematurely.I did indeed lose my 2lbs this week, well more like five days after my weekly weigh in. But better late than never. I knew I was doing mostly everything I was supposed too!! Which goes to show, if we know we are doing right, we just gotta be patient, like the advice I was wonderfully given here stated. So there we go. Thank you.

I'm so glad to hear it! Thank you for replying back to let us know how things turned out: That's so helpful for others who may have the same kinds of questions. :)
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I had a seven day stretch just recently where I lost and gained and lost the same couple of pounds - it's frustrating, but you just got to keep on keeping on.
  • melissajkxoxo
    melissajkxoxo Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm also having this week of no loss happening to me. Just trying to be patient and see it eventually. Funny how one weeks weigh in makes us second guess everything.
  • Nykkismommy21
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Wanted to update this. To show how sometimes we can get ahead of ourselves and start worrying prematurely.I did indeed lose my 2lbs this week, well more like five days after my weekly weigh in. But better late than never. I knew I was doing mostly everything I was supposed too!! Which goes to show, if we know we are doing right, we just gotta be patient, like the advice I was wonderfully given here stated. So there we go. Thank you.

I'm so glad to hear it! Thank you for replying back to let us know how things turned out: That's so helpful for others who may have the same kinds of questions. :)

You bet. I know I would want to know how that went!!