Options
13»

Replies

• Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    mhbrz wrote: »
    tui2mogxsy3j.jpg
    Words cannot describe how much better I feel today than I did in the first picture! It really was just a matter of changing habits for me. I'd gone down a spiral of binge-eating almost daily, and was basically addicted to sugar. Within 2 months of logging everything I eat and sticking to my calorie-limit, my cravings completely disappeared. I really didn't expect to feel so satisfied whilst controlling what I eat. So worth it! :^)

This is awesome. Thanks for sharing this and congratulations on your success!
  • Nykkismommy21
    Nykkismommy21 Posts: 224 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    tui2mogxsy3j.jpg

Height: 5'11"

I hit my goal weight today! :^) Thought I'd share because seeing other people's stories has inspired me, and it's nice to know people are on similar journeys.

I’ve been watching my macros, and sticking to 1350kcal/day the first 2 months, then I went down to 1200kcal/day for 2 months. I am now slowly increasing the calories until I figure out how many calories work for maintaining my weight. I don’t do any cardio or exercise, but I do walk a lot and average 12000 steps/day.

Words cannot describe how much better I feel today than I did in the first picture! It really was just a matter of changing habits for me. I'd gone down a spiral of binge-eating almost daily, and was basically addicted to sugar. Within 2 months of logging everything I eat and sticking to my calorie-limit, my cravings completely disappeared. I really didn't expect to feel so satisfied whilst controlling what I eat. So worth it! :^)

Good luck to everyone starting! <3

Wowww. How did you lose the weight soo fast.. I pretty much started where you were at, and im doing the 1390 calories, I walk 3-5 miles a day and workout for 25 minutes circuit training. I have lost 8 lbs in 25 days. You look great!! Anything special you did besides count calories. I started at 196, currently at 188. Your progress really is inspiring.
  • mhbrz
    mhbrz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    tui2mogxsy3j.jpg

Height: 5'11"

I hit my goal weight today! :^) Thought I'd share because seeing other people's stories has inspired me, and it's nice to know people are on similar journeys.

I’ve been watching my macros, and sticking to 1350kcal/day the first 2 months, then I went down to 1200kcal/day for 2 months. I am now slowly increasing the calories until I figure out how many calories work for maintaining my weight. I don’t do any cardio or exercise, but I do walk a lot and average 12000 steps/day.

Good luck to everyone starting! <3

Wowww. How did you lose the weight soo fast.. I pretty much started where you were at, and im doing the 1390 calories, I walk 3-5 miles a day and workout for 25 minutes circuit training. I have lost 8 lbs in 25 days. You look great!! Anything special you did besides count calories. I started at 196, currently at 188. Your progress really is inspiring.

8 lbs in 25 days is amazing, well done! Sounds like you should continue what you're doing!

But since you asked, apart from counting calories and tracking steps:

- I also watch my macros: 50% carbs, 30% fat, 20% protein

- I usually spread my calories into 3 x 300kcal meals, and 2 x 200kcal snacks in between

- I avoid sugar, and sweeten with fruit. For example, I have a banana every morning which I mush up and either add to cereal, chia seed pudding, on top of toast & peanut butter, or mix with eggs for delicious banana pancakes :3

- I've been buying lower-calorie replacements for things like bread, cheese, houmous and pesto, and use oil sprays (1-2kcal a spray) for cooking.

- I eat a lot of vegetables and fruit, and add them wherever I can to fill me up

- I drink A LOT of water, nearly 3L/day: A big glass as soon as I wake up, and then a big glass before every meal/snack.

Good luck to you! Let me know if you need more advice
  • jessicastanfill
    jessicastanfill Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Wow so inspiring! I am trying to walk more - how do you get all your steps in?
  • Theeerica
    Theeerica Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love this, the fact that you made all of this progress from diet and walking is very encouraging to me because I'm embarking on a similar journey. Would love it if you would add me and except my friend request.
  • mhbrz
    mhbrz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow so inspiring! I am trying to walk more - how do you get all your steps in?

Thank you! I basically walk everywhere: to work, university, shops, friends... I used to get a bus pass, but stopped and only take it when I really need to. This means that I walk for 40min to get to work, and 40min back everyday, so I do need to plan time for this.

It may seem daunting, but walking gets a lot easier, and I feel so much fitter for it! It also helps me decompress - I'm quite anxious, and used to be an emotional eater. Walking helps me focus that energy in a better way, and provides me with a lot of clarity.
  • SandraNancy
    SandraNancy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Amazing-- great job! The photos are worth a thousand words; you look fantastic.
  • jaymie_x0
    jaymie_x0 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hola!! Fellow tall girl here! Started around 180 and I'm 5'11/6feet now down to 140 also! hrfwlo1l10h8.jpg
  • jaymie_x0
    jaymie_x0 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    And congrats!!
    902140 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.
  • ardenspark
    ardenspark Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Logged in tonight to try to find something anything to motivate me to get started. thank you so much for sharing your story --- really really awesome work. You look amazing.
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    tui2mogxsy3j.jpg

This is awesome. Thanks for sharing this and congratulations on your success!

Thanks for inspiring me.
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    jaymie_x0 wrote: »
    Hola!! Fellow tall girl here! Started around 180 and I'm 5'11/6feet now down to 140 also! hrfwlo1l10h8.jpg

Supermodel....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!